Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
My nikka just yesterday had a Sony stan tell me Multiplayer/GAAS games don’t even exist :wow:

Now Sony spent 3.5b on one fukking game :wow:

:dead:

Sony is like Jay-Z after "Ether" dropped. Doing all kinds of irrational, reactive moves like spending 3.5 million on ONE franchise :heh:

Superugly indeed for Sony.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It's reported Destiny pulls in $100-$500 million in revenue every year. That's a lot of revenue off one game, $3.6 billion is gonna look like a steal in the long run, especially once the Destiny animes and TV shows and books and comics and shyt start taking off as well. The Destiny real time strategy games and board games, even single player spin offs. I don't really play the game like that, but I've always felt the Destiny franchise had limitless potential as far as how popular it could become and what they can do with it. I went and looked up the lore behind it and that shyt is wild how deep it goes and they barely scratch the surface of it yet. I'm scratching my head as to why y'all think this is a bad thing?

None of these acquisitions that these companies have made are bad moves at all from a business sense. If it comes with better games then so be it I'm here for it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
nikka shut up. :mjlol:
No you
827b84ae5732f19c0174212ff45a5919_w200.gif

Half A $

Pro
Daps
:dead:

Sony is like Jay-Z after "Ether" dropped. Doing all kinds of irrational, reactive moves like spending 3.5 million on ONE franchise :heh:

Superugly indeed for Sony.

So what year Phil going to work at Sony under Jim?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It’s funny how sony kind of ends up looking like the good guy in the end.

Microsoft ended up buying two major publishers and took bethesda games off playstation (starfield, ES6, etc.), and they’re pretty much threatning to take the biggest multiplayer game off playstation now.

Sony buys bungie, promises to upgrade the studio and keep everything multiplat. Looks like Sony are the ones that wants gaming for everyone.
They're keeping it multiplat because that's what bungie wants and probably wouldn't of signed with them if they didn't oblige...not because Sony wanted to be nice :stopitslime: yall gotta stop the bafoonery

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Retaliation? I guess you don't know these multi-billion dollar acquisitions aren't something that's just done in a couple of days. Both acquisitions were most like planned sometime mid last year or something and not in direct correlation to each other. Granted, the timing is...convenient enough to get some folks riled up thinking one has to do with the other.
I know exactly how it works…

Sony didn’t even have to announce that they bought Bungie. So, YES, retaliation…

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:lolbron:
Oh no people aren't watching other people play the game on Twitch. Microsoft clearly isn't meeting their primary objective of being #1 on Twitch. They should just end support for this game and shut down the servers. It's worthless to continue with a game that isn't top 5 on Twitch.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Halo infinites 30 day avg is less than half of what destiny's is. Halo barely pulls over 20K on steam at any given time.

XBOTs are furious
Furious over nothing the game remains multiplat....that's just a case of bozos being uninformed and just crying to cry...

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I didn't realize Sony stans we're hungry for fps like that. Just last week FPS didn't matter.

Now they can't wait to see what Bungie can do with a FPS.

Man, If only there was a way to play FPS, for a low low price:jbhmm:
Which is weird because destiny is already playable on PlayStation...both stans are being weird bout this destiny shyt

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
you obviously aren't an investor. Multiplat MULTIPLAYER games make money hand over fist.

And with that last dud, it wont take much to put Halo in the dirt. the game is almost dead on it's own....
You sound dumb as hell...halo dead ? Lmfaoooooo

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I know exactly how it works…

Sony didn’t even have to announce that they bought Bungie. So, YES, retaliation…

Since when do companies not announce them tho? What were they supposed to hide their hands since another company had one a couple weeks ago? Also, weren't other sites n shyt making the announcement before they officially did it anyways?