Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Got a game over in Flying Battery Zone :mjcry:
So embarrassing :snoop:

Press Garden :leon:
Tee Lopez got the juice now
tenor.gif

So far the bosses have all been amazing and creative. Not sure who came up with the concepts but well done regardless

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Personally not a fan of Sonic CD. Level design was all over the place and too much like a maze.

I also think the time travel mechanic was poorly implemented and not explained well. Would've been better if they made each zone Act 1: Past, Act 2: Present, Act 3: Future with Act 3 being good or bad future depending on either you destroyed the machines in the first two acts or not. The way the game was designed, there is no reason to ever go to the future except when you're in act 3 but the game keeps trying to push you there at all times
tell that to christian whitehead :krs:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think you unlock some stuff with it, that's why i do every bonus stage post i run across
Yeah so far I've unlocked the super peel out move from Sonic CD
Mania

The Sonic CD level design is jarring. Music is amazing though. When you play the Sonic CD levels in Mania you can automatically sense fukkery in the level designs compared to the other levels.
Yeah, I'm on Stardust Speedway right now and the level design is a lot more confusing compared to everything else. It's more exploration-based and a lot of weird sections that are clearly just there to get you moving as fast as possible in order to time travel. At one point I had to say fukk it and let Tails fly me to a place I couldn't reach.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Got a game over in Flying Battery Zone :mjcry:
So embarrassing :snoop:

Press Garden :leon:
Tee Lopez got the juice now
tenor.gif

So far the bosses have all been amazing and creative. Not sure who came up with the concepts but well done regardless

Flying Battery Zone fukkin murked me. Had to start the whole thing over about 3 or 4 times. And then when i got to the boss...even though it was simple as fukk, I was so eager to finally be done with that fukking level that I made a bunch of dumb mistakes and had to play the whole level over AGAIN :bryan:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I know, I usually refer to the Japanese OST. Never played the American version... and wasn't a fan of any of the music I heard anyway.

Mania was only going to have 1-2 Sonic 3 levels anyway, plus the Hydrocity Zone is a Cirocco Jones / Michael Jackson produced track anyway so there's one.

Though the other Sonic 3 & Knuckles levels included puzzle me... like the Flying Battery & Lava Reef. Especially the latter... like who in the fukk asked for it :russ:

I would've smashed my Switch on the ground had they decided to include Sandopolis.. but apparently they put those level mechanics in the now stupidly hard Oil Ocean Act 2.
Sandopolis gotta be the worst sonic stage of all time

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Chill out with the open spoilers. I stood far away from that leaked gameplay for a reason.

I would've :gladbron: at the Sandopolis Zone mechanics being in a stage cause I actually liked them as frustrating as that was. I'm assuming they're using the lights on lights out ghost stuff.

These boss fights are godlike. Very reminiscent of Sonic CD, where the goal wasn't always 'hit Robotnik 3 times'. I like it a lot.

The ninja egg robot boss is a Shinobi reference. The sounds are literally ripped straight from Revenge of Shinobi. Also, his ninja stars are the starfish from Metropolis Zone.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Anybody here ever played those two fangames, Sonic Before & After the Sequel? The first was a Sonic 2 Prequel, the second was a Sonic 3 Prequel. The boss fights in this are really similar to those games'