Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Sonic CD is amazing! To all of you who have played Sonic Mania so far which is better?

I've played Sonic CD before but never gave it much thought before.
Mania

The Sonic CD level design is jarring. Music is amazing though. When you play the Sonic CD levels in Mania you can automatically sense fukkery in the level designs compared to the other levels.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many levels are there? I want a full game like sonic 1 and 2. It sounds like this is a full game unlike sonic 4. Lemme know I may cop

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Mania

The Sonic CD level design is jarring. Music is amazing though. When you play the Sonic CD levels in Mania you can automatically sense fukkery in the level designs compared to the other levels.
Sonic CD has an American and a separate Japanese soundtrack. I preferred the theme song 'Sonic Boom' in the US version over the instrumental they used for JP version, but I think the Japanese version may have better overal level music. Wish I could mixnmatch level music smh. I'm mad Sonic Mania doesn't have enough Sonic 3 levels that use Michael Jacksons music.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Sonic CD has an American and a separate Japanese soundtrack. I preferred the theme song 'Sonic Boom' in the US version over the instrumental they used for JP version, but I think the Japanese version may have better overal level music. Wish I could mixnmatch level music smh. I'm mad Sonic Mania doesn't have enough Sonic 3 levels that use Michael Jacksons music.
I know, I usually refer to the Japanese OST. Never played the American version... and wasn't a fan of any of the music I heard anyway.

Mania was only going to have 1-2 Sonic 3 levels anyway, plus the Hydrocity Zone is a Cirocco Jones / Michael Jackson produced track anyway so there's one.

Though the other Sonic 3 & Knuckles levels included puzzle me... like the Flying Battery & Lava Reef. Especially the latter... like who in the fukk asked for it :russ:

I would've smashed my Switch on the ground had they decided to include Sandopolis.. but apparently they put those level mechanics in the now stupidly hard Oil Ocean Act 2.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How many levels are there? I want a full game like sonic 1 and 2. It sounds like this is a full game unlike sonic 4. Lemme know I may cop
It's a full game. No episodic bs.

Getting so many memories playing Flying Battery Zone :mjcry:

and I'm remembering I fukking hate Flying Battery Zone:martin:
Especially cause Act 2 is a mash up with Winged Fortress, which I really hate :pacspit:
I had about 8 lives coming in and I'm down to 1 :noah:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Mania

It's the most unique sonic game of the OGs. I think Sonic CD is head and shoulders above the rest of the OG sonic games but Mania is >>>> all of them. The way they did justice to *REDACTED FOR SPOILERS* boss fight from CD in Mania was poetic. :wow:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Personally not a fan of Sonic CD. Level design was all over the place and too much like a maze.

I also think the time travel mechanic was poorly implemented and not explained well. Would've been better if they made each zone Act 1: Past, Act 2: Present, Act 3: Future with Act 3 being good or bad future depending on either you destroyed the machines in the first two acts or not. The way the game was designed, there is no reason to ever go to the future except when you're in act 3 but the game keeps trying to push you there at all times

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Knuckles Chaotix still GOAT:mjcry:

32X had a really good soundtrack for there games

Like motherbase 5000

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I wanna buy Sonic Mania so bad:mjcry:
I had a $20 credit on my PSN but spent it on a Shark Card:mjcry:

When I do buy it Ima buy a edible :mjcry: