Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

They did it brehs. Although my 8 year old self is ashamed right now. Not finishing levels with 100+ rings and losing on these bonus stages. So far it has been the same ones from Sonic 3 + Knuckles.

nikka used to have all the emeralds in the first world... nah. Man how the hell did I keep up with this shyt has a youngin!?
The younger we are the faster our minds work. The older we get the slower it gets.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Apparently, all versions are almost exactly the same. 1080p/60fps on all consoles but 720p/60fps undocked Switch and 4k/60fps PS4 Pro. The Switch version has slight slowdown in the 3D special stages and has a few issues with the Switch OS for some reason. Apparently, the screenshot, power and home buttons can be unresponsive for some reason. That doesn't effect gameplay obviously and the developer already said they're working on a patch to fix it
Also there's frame drops in the 3D bonus stages on the switch.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Sonic CD is amazing! To all of you who have played Sonic Mania so far which is better?

I've played Sonic CD before but never gave it much thought before.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:

They did it brehs. Although my 8 year old self is ashamed right now. Not finishing levels with 100+ rings and losing on these bonus stages. So far it has been the same ones from Sonic 3 + Knuckles.

nikka used to have all the emeralds in the first world... nah. Man how the hell did I keep up with this shyt has a youngin!?
IDK why it's like that for u but iv'e played a couple blue sphere joints that were totally different from sonic 3 + knuckles

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really need to stop playing this damn blue sphere bonus levels

So far I've collected 18 of those coins/medallions and I'm only on the 4th zone lol

I've only came across one giant ring though :stopitslime:

IDK why it's like that for u but iv'e played a couple blue sphere joints that were totally different from sonic 3 + knuckles
They have some from s3 & K. Some no different than the originals and some remixed

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Anybody know what those coins you get from beating the Blue Sphere stages actually do?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I bought it this morning before I left for work so my brother got to play it first and he was texting me like :krs:. "Chemical plant Zone boss is my favorite boss of all time"

I'm like :leon:

I finally get home and get my hands on this game I've been waiting for.
It's beautiful brehs :mjcry:
Beat the first 2 Acts. Beat 4 Blue Sphere stages and got 1 emerald cause I couldn't find any of those damn rings. No deaths yet.
DO NOT READ SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME. You owe it to yourself to not cheat yourself out of the experience of seeing some of these things for the first time as you're playing.

When I saw the Death Egg Robot was the Green Hill Zone boss :wow:
Like they're gonna throw that shyt at us right away? :heh:
When I saw the Mean Bean Machine :mjlol:
I suck at Puyo Puyo :sadcam: but I did get him on the first try :whew:

For anyone who calls this a glorified rom hack :ufdup:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was cool. Its been awhile

Ive never been a Raymond fan but that shyt blew me away. I might just buy this anyway just for the love of Sega
Rayman Legends is cool but platforming in 2D Sonic games is different than the rest so it's hard to say which is better or worse

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is it really as good as the reviews say it is.

Is it better or worse than Raymond Legends?
Im only 2 stages in so hard to say. I'll say I prefer this for single player and Rayman Legends for multiplayer.
Rayman Legends is the best multiplayer platformer ever and I think it plays best with at least 2 players