Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Got a game over in Flying Battery Zone :mjcry:
So embarrassing :snoop:

Press Garden :leon:
Tee Lopez got the juice now
tenor.gif

So far the bosses have all been amazing and creative. Not sure who came up with the concepts but well done regardless

You can tell this gsme was done by people involved in the fan game community

I looked at videos of the final boss on youtube and it looks insane in a hood way

Definitely copping this and Freedom planet when i get a ps4

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You can tell this gsme was done by people involved in the fan game community

I looked at videos of the final boss on youtube and it looks insane in a hood way

Definitely copping this and Freedom planet when i get a ps4
Yeah the main developer has been ROM-hacking Sonic games and posting them on forums since the like the early 00s. He pretty much knows the engines & mechanics inside and out. In fact he caught Sega's attention because he was gonna do a ground up remake of Sonic CD with some enhancements and bugfixes, and when Sega heard about it instead of shutting it down they just paid him to make it an official remake, which became the 2011 HD version.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Oil Ocean boss kicking my ass!
It got a lot of people don't feel bad.

My advice is... obviously when the laser gun comes up, get on the platform furthest away from it.

Take down the tentacles first and as fast as you possibly can since they shoot fireballs. Dont even worry about Robotnik until you take both of them down. Once you do that he's completely disarmed and just whack him until he dies.

:wow: only on the third level and I'm already :mjcry:

What system you get it on?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm having a hard time finding these giant rings. So far I've found 4 and only got 2 chaos emeralds

I actually like these bonus stages. I'm starting to get the hang of it.....I just need to find some damn rings

I don't want to look up their locations cause I'm afraid of spoilers:francis:
Man, I am loving these boss battles :whew:

The sonic CD zone has the smoothest track so far :dj2::mj:

As soon as I remembered it's a sonic CD zone, I went through the level as quick as possible :yeshrug:

I'm also getting this on PC....this game is that DOPE

I can't believe it brehs......Sonic truly back
giphy.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah the main developer has been ROM-hacking Sonic games and posting them on forums since the like the early 00s. He pretty much knows the engines & mechanics inside and out. In fact he caught Sega's attention because he was gonna do a ground up remake of Sonic CD with some enhancements and bugfixes, and when Sega heard about it instead of shutting it down they just paid him to make it an official remake, which became the 2011 HD version.
The reason why I think Sega didn't shut him down is because, unlike other rom hackers, he developed the Retro engine.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can't find any of those giant rings.
It doesn't matter much, I suck at that special stage anyway. By the time I get to full speed, the UFO is nowhere to be seen :yeshrug:
I don't mind getting the bad ending on first play through. I'm assuming having all the chaos emeralds unlocks a new final stage and boss like Sonic 3 & Knuckles