Sonic Frontiers (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 8, 2022)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just made it to the first tower. This is the toughest platforming I've played in a minute :damn:

They were really like "fukk a checkpoint" with this update

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I didn't realize there were new cyberspace levels:mjgrin:
Hologram Tails:demonic:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
This aint on super sale yet dam
Man I’m waiting on that cuz first I know this might get lost in my long backlog
Second I know if I buy it before it might be heavily discounted or worse end up on PS+ right after :dead:

I got the switch version on my modded switch but I want to play it on PS5 so I haven’t played it as much really

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Well I just finished it

Man Sonic Team really took it to heart that people were saying the base game was too easy.

This whole DLC was a back and forth between peak to dog shyt.:heh:

All of the jankyness of the game is amplified with the wild ass difficulty spike. It is refreshing for them to make Sonic more difficult but they did it in the worst way possible hope they at least balance this shyt out in the next game.

Amy has to be the funniest character to play surprisingly. She has a lot of cool mobility options that makes her the best character to play as in the game.

Also, I only tried out a few of em but the new cyberspace levels have to be the best 3D Sonic levels since the dreamcast era.

The final fight was really cool. Gave me asura's wrath type vibes. I just wish sonic's new transformation looked different but the whole fight was wavy outside of the jank.

With all that being said this hasn't changed my opinions on this game. Even with the issues I have with this game I still had a lot of fun and the movement and platforming is the strength of the game and that's what your doing the most.

I feel like Sonic Team is almost there but not quite. Hopefully Sega gives them an actual decent budget and time and we could get a classic.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Well I just finished it

Man Sonic Team really took it to heart that people were saying the base game was too easy.

This whole DLC was a back and forth between peak to dog shyt.:heh:

All of the jankyness of the game is amplified with the wild ass difficulty spike. It is refreshing for them to make Sonic more difficult but they did it in the worst way possible hope they at least balance this shyt out in the next game.

Amy has to be the funniest character to play surprisingly. She has a lot of cool mobility options that makes her the best character to play as in the game.

Also, I only tried out a few of em but the new cyberspace levels have to be the best 3D Sonic levels since the dreamcast era.

The final fight was really cool. Gave me asura's wrath type vibes. I just wish sonic's new transformation looked different but the whole fight was wavy outside of the jank.

With all that being said this hasn't changed my opinions on this game. Even with the issues I have with this game I still had a lot of fun and the movement and platforming is the strength of the game and that's what your doing the most.

I feel like Sonic Team is almost there but not quite. Hopefully Sega gives them an actual decent budget and time and we could get a classic.
Yeah, it seems like the general impression is that this game is similar to Adventure 1. Good foundation, but have a lot of rough edges to can be smoothed out once the next game comes out.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Its challenging?
a little, not really more like annoying because you can do shyt so fast that stupid mistakes happen. its a fun game but you definitely need to develop muscle memory for the controls. jumped to my death a lot trying to do certain shyt, missing the mark

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Ohh man
I played the switch version again and just hopped on my ps5 to play their time trial :dead: difference is night and fukking DAY
now I see this shyt on sale on psn for 31$ Canadian this weekend only god damn mannn
I just gotta hold the line
My backlog I can’t cop this Im still finishing cyberpunk and spider man coming out

Last edited: