Somebody MUST go, changes MUST be made: Official Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Them ex-cowboys were playing so;lid to day for the Bengals on defense. Even Bray james made a play. See how much a pass rush helps out the lb and secondary play.

I think a lot of it also has to do with the schemes those teams run. It seems like every D-coordinator we've had in Dallas for the past decade or so is just content with playing super soft coverage and allowing the other team to do whatever it wants on passing downs.

DBs play as if they're directly instructed to give 10-15 yard cushions to WRs, even on 3rd and 5 situations :mindblown: and LBs play like they're told to "keep the ball in front of you," so they let all those dink and dump passes to RBs in the flat to occur.

There's no aggressiveness on the back-end of this defense, and a lot of that has to do with coaching. I can't remember the last time I saw one of our DBs play tight coverage on a WR consistently. Honestly, it was probably Mike Jenkins during his one good Pro Bowl year in 2009 :beli:

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think a lot of it also has to do with the schemes those teams run. It seems like every D-coordinator we've had in Dallas for the past decade or so is just content with playing super soft coverage and allowing the other team to do whatever it wants on passing downs.

DBs play as if they're directly instructed to give 10-15 yard cushions to WRs, even on 3rd and 5 situations :mindblown: and LBs play like they're told to "keep the ball in front of you," so they let all those dink and dump passes to RBs in the flat to occur.

There's no aggressiveness on the back-end of this defense, and a lot of that has to do with coaching. I can't remember the last time I saw one of our DBs play tight coverage on a WR consistently. Honestly, it was probably Mike Jenkins during his one good Pro Bowl year in 2009 :beli:

:sadcam: @ only rushing 3 pass rushers on every third down. I really dont understand trading up for claiborne and signing carr to a 50 million contract and still not blitzing and trying to protect the secoundary.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
U think we should move him back to RT or just keep him @LT and hope everthing works. @the RT position he was very close to being a pro bowl player and on the left side hes alright

LT. We can draft/sign a guy in FA to play RT in a minute.

Tyron Smith is super young, really athletic, and he's got a tremendous wingspan. Combined with his work ethic, he'll get a LOT better at LT and be a staple on our o-line for the next decade. You won't find many guys with Tyron's talent, skillset, and work ethic. This is a dude that was mowing lawns in middle school to help pay his family's bills.:myman:

As you can tell, I'm a big Tyron Smith fan. I know he had a fairly rough year, but that will happen to anybody playing LT at the tender age of 21/22. Also, he had to go up against the likes of JPP, Tuck, Babin, and Cole, not to mention other players like Peppers. LT is a tough position in the NFL, and all things considered, his first year there wasn't so bad. A few false starts and some poor blocks, but name me any young LTs that don't have trouble at that position early on. He'll only get better from here on out, and he should be a very good LT for us for the next decade or so.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
U think we should move him back to RT or just keep him @LT and hope everthing works. @the RT position he was very close to being a pro bowl player and on the left side hes alright

we made him a top 10 pick to play the left side. too soon to move him back to the right side. i'd give him another 2 years. he just turned 22 a few weeks ago. i think he needs to play with a better left guard. livings sucks.

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think our problem and also the Dallas front office is we dont know what we want to do. By that I mean to blow this bytch up and try to rebuild the whole team thru the draft and with just the young core players ie(bryant,lee,carter,carr,claiborn,smith,murrary). Or go for the superbowl in 2013 by just building upon what we have now (romo,ware,spencer,witten.sensabaugh,ratliff,austin) and signing big name FA's

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I think our problem and also the Dallas front office is we dont know what we want to do. By that I mean to blow this bytch up and try to rebuild the whole team thru the draft and with just the young core players ie(bryant,lee,carter,carr,claiborn,smith,murrary). Or go for the superbowl in 2013 by just building upon what we have now (romo,ware,spencer,witten.sensabaugh,ratliff,austin) and signing big name FA's

i think it's definitely the latter. jerry will ride this core till they're applying for social security. the time to blow this bytch up was after the 2010 season when we could have gotten high draft picks for our stars.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Them ex-cowboys were playing so;lid to day for the Bengals on defense. Even Bray james made a play. See how much a pass rush helps out the lb and secondary play.

Yep, Bradie looked good today. Newman's been decent all season, better than Claiborne. Keith Brooking will probably even get into the act next week. Makes you wonder what the hell is really going on up at valley ranch.