SOHH, Baldur's Gate 3 really about to eat LoadingScreenfield's lunch, huh?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You think that Larian is lying about not being able to get a feature working on S? We know that Microsoft demands feature parity across the S and the X. Are you saying that Larian made up that they can't get split-screen functioning at a stable framerate on S, so they have to delay?

Larian gave this reason themselves, so what evidence do you have that they're hiding behind this issue to not release on Xbox now?
They didn’t say they can’t get it working. They said it needs more time. Most devs would just delay so they can release the game on all platforms at once. Larian has decided to stager their releases and drop the game at different times on different platforms.

The internet has decided to use their decision to promote narratives and controversy that’s not really there :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They didn’t say they can’t get it working. They said it needs more time. Most devs would just delay so they can release the game on all platforms at once.

And this is the problem.

So 3rd party devs basically gotta delay series x and ps5 games because of the series s. Wouldn’t be surprised if thats the reason a lot of these games are leasing buggier as well

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And this is the problem.

So 3rd party devs basically gotta delay series x and ps5 games because of the series s. Wouldn’t be surprised if thats the reason a lot of these games are leasing buggier as well
You or i don’t know where time and resources went during development.

There’s no telling how much time and resources have actually gone to the series S version at this point.

They are primarily a PC dev so i’m sure PC has gotten the majority of their dev time/resources.

You could call out any individual platform or PC configuration and claim it’s “the reason for delays”

Daps
They didn’t say they can’t get it working. They said it needs more time.
Why do you think it needs more time?
Of course they aren't lying, they don't have the resources to complete it at this moment, do I think they could get it done if they prioritized console games like they do pc? Yes I do. They're a pc dev
OK, so I'm not sure why you initially disagreed with me then, breh. They said they can't get feature parity between the S and X versions, so they're delaying it until they can. We agree on this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why do you think it needs more time?

OK, so I'm not sure why you initially disagreed with me then, breh. They said they can't get feature parity between the S and X versions, so they're delaying it until they can. We agree on this.

They just talking in circles at this point. if they gotta delay it because of the series s that means they couldn’t get it working at launch

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The series s needs additional time*
Yep. They called it a huge technical hurdle too. It requires *extra* work and additional time from both the developer *and* MS engineers just to get it running in an acceptable state. The Series S is a hindrance in this specific case. Anybody saying otherwise is in denial.