Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Trustus

Black like the planet that they fear
Supporter
Daps
Alright brehs, what's the single best github tutorial there is?

I'm talking basic from the ground up all the way to advanced. I want to be a pro here.

Also looking for a quick ajax and postman tutorial.

codecademy is a good starting point.
Learn Git

codeschool also has a free course on git.
Try Git - Code School

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The most important things you can do if you didn't come out with a top notch gpa and a computer science degree? Have a git full of projects and deploy site after site.

Dihsarm

Pro
Daps
Good thread. I'm a junior web developer myself with about 2 years of experience with php, js, html and css.. I've also played with other languages like java and c++..

Dihsarm

Pro
Daps
I just bought a ton of courses on graphical design, typography, etc. off of udemy due to that $10 sale. It's easy to get into the zone where you only want to work on one side of the stack, but if you really want to be marketable, I think you should have skills on both the front-end and the server-side. It's hard for someone, especially if they aren't a programmer themselves, to appreciate what you've created if your sites look like atrocious. One that seems to be a solid course on udemy is here:
Graphic Design Hero: Apply Graphic Design in Projects

Searching for courses on typography is very helpful as well. The coupon to get your discount is 'warmup10'. I think the last day for the sale is tomorrow.

Design Beautiful Websites with Web Typography (2015)
Also, don't sleep on that Bootstrap when it comes to web development. Responsive content is easier to create. Bootstrap · The world's most popular mobile-first and responsive front-end framework.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good thread. I'm a junior web developer myself with about 2 years of experience with php, js, html and css.. I've also played with other languages like java and c++..

Was finding your first job difficult? Do you have a computer science degree?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
What's considered a entry level job and what skills to know? HTNL, Javascript and css?

This keeps my interest more than networking does for some reason.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
do you guy build websites? I don't want to do that but I want to do something like website maintenance.