Software Development and Programming Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:francis: The Job market in Atlanta is ass. We recently dodged a bullet when amazon decided not to be here.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
:francis: The Job market in Atlanta is ass. We recently dodged a bullet when amazon decided not to be here.
Atlanta was one of the places I was thinking above moving to when I graduate. Do you think the market is just bad for entry level devs or just bad period?? Also I assume the Amazon HQ would have brought alot of Software Jobs with it

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Atlanta was one of the places I was thinking above moving to when I graduate. Do you think the market is just bad for entry level devs or just bad period?? Also I assume the Amazon HQ would have brought alot of Software Jobs with it

The entry level market is bad, especially bad here. There is so much catering towards folks who don't live here, and even the city is taking note. With Amazon HQ, it would brought more folks from out of state.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Y’all got any tips for Discrete Math? Anything would be great.

Also, any places to practice it?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Almost at the end of my Full-stack bootcamp

I've always been pretty good at sql but that sequelize shyt chewed me up and spit me out like a piece of gum.

Handlebars has also traumatized me.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone got any good material for learning sql already took 2 classes in college for it but i want to pick it up again and need to do so asap

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
Not a developer or programmer but I feel finding a good niche will keep you fed. Like working with airport or law enforcement/local government applications. They are always hiring because people want more in the private sector but they have better benefits and more time off.

Freedman

Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Not a developer or programmer but I feel finding a good niche will keep you fed. Like working with airport or law enforcement/local government applications. They are always hiring because people want more in the private sector but they have better benefits and more time off.
I'm down south in Louisiana and we don't really have a tech scene here so if I end up staying local I'll probably work for state government. I've been looking for these type of positions in other states also

IT Applications Programmer 1

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
I'm down south in Louisiana and we don't really have a tech scene here so if I end up staying local I'll probably work for state government. I've been looking for these type of positions in other states also

IT Applications Programmer 1

Big counties in FL to look at:

• Orange
  • Hillsborough
  • Duval
  • Miami-Dade
  • Broward
Look at this position in Ft. Lauderdale. You can live very well making the midpoint at that range in FL.

Network Security Engineer-ORCAT
Salary
$76,855.79 - $122,662.18 Annually

Freedman

Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Anyone here minored in computer science in college?
I say go for it. Maybe Take the Intro CompSci class or watch some tutorials on programming to see if it is something that interests you. Can't speak from the Professional side but the academic CompSci stuff is usually alot of reasoning, logic, and problem solving just like Math. I remember you talking about wanting to major in Math, I was originally going to do that with a CompSci Minor because I could have graduated sooner but ended up going the other way CompSci Major with a Mathish Concentration(Scientific Computing). A lot of Software developer Job postings usually ask for CompSci, Engineering or Math majors also if you find a passion for it and want to do it professionally.