So you’re Tony Khan right now…

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If you don’t want to fire punk:

Suspend young bucks for 4 weeks, possibly even strip them of their EVP titles. In the meantime, let punk play out his storyline with MJF culminating in MJF winning at grand slam. On TV, blame the absence on an injury or wrestling tour overseas (NO INTERIMS)

Once punk drops the belt, suspend him for 4 weeks. When he returns, he can blame his absence on feeling directionless after his loss. Turn him heel as well bc the mf prolly gonna get boo’d anyway. That gives you 2 months that they’ll be apart, which gives you time to think about the future and upcoming storylines. Also gives a opportunity for other teams to elevate

If you can fire punk:

FIRE PUNK. Dude is a locker room cancer, didn’t increase ratings when he got here, and is power hungry as this locker room leader nonsense.

I’m doing these things regardless of punk:

Stop being friends with all the wrestlers. Put your foot down, don’t honor release requests, don’t focus on WWE, and make the media scrums works.

Focus on pushing younger talent like Starks, Wardlow, Hobbs, private party, etc. if you want an older guy for stability, Bryan danielson, Mox, Jericho, and omega are your guys.

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
He's probably going to have to completely clean house. He's not as authoritative as Vince was, and all these guys know it. He's going to need the let the agents tell the Punk and the others involved (but especially Punk) to get their heads out of their ass and do business. Knowing Punk, he'll quit and make himself look more like a selfish ass.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
1) Fire Punk and Ace Steel
1a) For the love of God have anyone else but TK make that announcement to the fans
2) Hold an 8 person tournament for the vacant heavyweight title with the last two facing off at Grand Slam (no more interim title bullshyt)
3) Making sure any future press conferences are in kayfabe to avoid these situations
TK might break down and start crying while announcing that

:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Below is what the angle should be if CM Punk does not quite/get fired:

CM Punk gets demoted for a month to ROH. While he's there, he's just torturing Colt and giving him shyt constantly. They're giving reports on AEW TV about the stuff he's doing. The Swiss bum tries to step in, and Punk beats him.

After his suspension, Punk appears on AEW wearing a t-shirt that says, "I press the envelope, they press charges." He says while he's been away, a lot of people have been doing their flippy shyt. Sammy guavas music hits. He comes out to the ring. He and Punk get face to face. Ace steel comes out of the crowd and hits Sammy guava on the back of his head with his wife's removed cast. He stomps Sammy out and kicks him out of the ring. Punk says something along the lines of "now back to what I was saying before I was interrupted by this little bytch ass hot topic jock" he starts talking about how this company is filled with guys that haven't done shyt.

Mr. King hasn't done shot hangman page comes out. He says whatever corny cowboy shyt he says as he's walking down the ramp. Just as he's about to get in the ring, Colt Cabana's music hits (does this bum have music? Idk). He says he appreciates what hangman has tried to do for him but that he needs to fight his own battles. He drops the mic, and page is right about to get in the ring, and Colt is right behind him. Right after they get in the ring, Colt hits Adam Page from behind before they start fighting. He does whatever his bum ass finisher is and rolls him over to Punk like an offering. Steel starts kicking the shyt out of him.

They show omega and the bucks being held back in the back by Tony. Saying they're EVP's they can't do that. Colt grabs the mic and says, "he should have never poked his nose where it never belonged. You and me, Punk, we will never be friends. That ship has sailed. But maybe we can do business. How about I work off the debt my mom and I owe you." Punk and colt shake hands.

Just then, the elite's music hits, and they rush to the ring. They're starting to get the upper hand on the 40-year-olds, then FTR comes out, and they start helping Punk's squad take the upper hand. They kick all the guys out of the ring. The other four are laughing and slapping each other on the back.

Punk leans against the ropes and says, "remember, my door is always open," with a bytch ass heel smirk. Drops the mic. Tony and the masked bum tell everyone to tune in next week.

Last edited:

ruin

Rookie
Daps
If I was Tony I would book MJF and CM Punk tomorrow and have The Elite interfere and cost Punk the belt and then have The Elite beat up Punk and then have FTR come in to save Punk. Ace also comes in and then Hangman comes in and the show ends in an all out brawl while MJF looks from the ramp and laughs hysterically. Hell, I would even send out fake cops out haha. Then Tony has an option to suspend everyone or play out Punk/FTR vs The Elite of everyone is cool.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the idea of having Punk drop it to MJF if I could, rather than just fire him. If he refuses that then I recommend Bryan. if Punk refuses to drop it to either of those guys he's gonna be seen as complete a$$hole to the smarks who he's relied on to be his fans his whole career.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I like the idea of having Punk drop it to MJF if I could, rather than just fire him. If he refuses that then I recommend Bryan. if Punk refuses to drop it to either of those guys he's gonna be seen as complete a$$hole to the smarks who he's relied on to be his fans his whole career.
If he has to drop it and keep his job yeah sure.

If he has to drop it but then he’s fired then nah Tony can figure it out without punk. Why’s he going to do Tony a solid when he’s firing him?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I fire CM Punk. Problems are now solved.

As a follow-up i make the press conferences at least half kayfabe like njpw.
Fire Punk, remove the EVP label from the Elite, and stop this fake WWE/AEW war and just focus on my own product. Punk not being a big difference maker in the ratings makes it easier to fire him.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Shad Khan’s invested a lot in AEW and if Tony’s not going to do something then I can see him coming through to crush the buildings.

Perspective needs to be had though, even though they dont disclose figures
Reports are they do actually make money and are projected at $100 millon

If its a business thats working out Shad's not gonna take the toy away

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Some of these suggestions are pretty reactionary and bad with no foresight of business :picard:

Aye man as much as TK sucks at this, yall making it look like you shouldnt say he does either:pachaha:

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
AEW needs to take all of this backstage attention and turn it into interest in the actual show. One thing Punk has been missing in AEW is his rebel image. Punk as the outsider and antihero is better than Punk as a white meat babyface. Punk was at his hottest when he had an authority figure to go up against. After all this drama, it looks like he's gotten some of that back. If Tony Khan can convince all of these guys to work together, AEW can make a lot of money.

Short term, I'd suspend Punk, strip him of the title, and give it to MJF. Punk can return after the suspension and chase the title to redeem himself.

Long term, they have to do Punk vs the Elite. The story writes itself. The authority EVPs against the antihero Punk.