So you're a gamer huh? Then post some OG shyt that real gamers would recognize

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
250px-C64_California_Games.png

Was this skate or die or California games?

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Driver 2 was trash. I remember that as clear as day 20 years later. That game was trash. :picard:

Chicago was horrendous. Think they went to Brazil too. I didnt finish the game. It was that horrible.

Grand theft auto basically showed driver how to do it since driver bit off of them loosely. Driver was finished as a franchise when gta 3 dropped .
:mjlol: I found this recently. I got some nintendo powers too

EGM128.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Back in the 80s, if you didn't have access to the internet, what did you have to do if you got hopelessly stuck in a game? Sometimes, you had to break down and go back to the computer store to buy a HINT BOOK:
btcluebook.GIF

I actually had this one. Bard's Tale 1 had massively complicated dungeons and NO AUTOMAP. You needed to buy the book to get the maps, unless you had the skills to pull out graph paper and a pencil and draw your own map.

sierra-hint-books-markers-space-quest_1_ccdccc45c04aba8fbda8492bcb97fb99.jpg

Sierra games all had "unfair" puzzles that would allow you miss picking up an important item and play for hours before you got to the point where you needed the missing item. Often by then there was no way to travel back to the earlier screen, so you had to just hope you saved the game at the right point.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Back in the 80s, if you didn't have access to the internet, what did you have to do if you got hopelessly stuck in a game? Sometimes, you had to break down and go back to the computer store to buy a HINT BOOK:
btcluebook.GIF

I actually had this one. Bard's Tale 1 had massively complicated dungeons and NO AUTOMAP. You needed to buy the book to get the maps, unless you had the skills to pull out graph paper and a pencil and draw your own map.

Sierra games all had "unfair" puzzles that would allow you miss picking up an important item and play for hours before you got to the point where you needed the missing item. Often by then there was no way to travel back to the earlier screen, so you had to just hope you saved the game at the right point.
Golgo 13 was like that, those dungeons were tedious. Worst dungeon experience I've had as a gamer. Got thru it tho

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: I found this recently. I got some nintendo powers too

EGM128.jpg

Lol. 20 years ago. I remember this. Didnt buy the mag though. Lol @ syphon filter and crazy taxi. Who in here remembers crazy taxi 2?

Now after looking at the back of the driver 2 disc case, more memories are coming back to me. Driver 2 did also have Vegas in that game. Just remembered. I remember playing driver 2, driving in Vegas on a Sunday in late 2000 heading into 2001 when jill Scott's getting in the way was getting broad day playtime on hot 97. shyt was a wild time.

And the dreamcast was alive. Shenmue had just came out too.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Lol. 20 years ago. I remember this. Didnt buy the mag though. Lol @ syphon filter and crazy taxi. Who in here remembers crazy taxi 2?

Now after looking at the back of the driver 2 disc case, more memories are coming back to me. Driver 2 did also have Vegas in that game. Just remembered. I remember playing driver 2, driving in Vegas on a Sunday in late 2000 heading into 2001 when jill Scott's getting in the way was getting broad day playtime on hot 97. shyt was a wild time.

You getting in the waaay.. of what im feeeling :ohlawd:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
btcluebook.GIF

I played them but I don't miss the point and click era. Monkey Island, Grim Fandango:scust:

That's a genre of games I'm realizing I only played because I was bored and didn't have anything else to play. If I had options at the time there's no way I'd play those kinds of games.

I had Crazy Taxi 2 on dreamcast but I also had 3 on XBOX and no one wanted to play it when they came over. :dead:

I didn't really understand why people only liked the first game because its a very simple game to pick up and play and I thought it shouldn't matter if there's different drivers because most people play the game 3-4 minutes at a time and yet people still hated 2 and 3. :pachaha: