So you wanna make gifs breh?? You wanna learn Photoshop? Got a request? Step inside..

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
my first gif

63983429.gif

looks like you have an extra frame at the end causing a flash.
congrats though.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;98636 said:
looks like you have an extra frame at the end causing a flash.
congrats though.

Yeah...I just figured out what I did wrong. Here is attempt #2

ptridinbig.gif

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
Here is another I made. Char....how do I tag it?

40399620.gif

tagging is real simple, here's a lil tutorial tho:

after you got the gif finished, make sure you have the Layers window open and highlight the last frame of the gif, which should also be the last layer in the Layers window (if you have extra Layers from Frames you already deleted, you can delete the extra Layers by highlighting them and right clicking or dragging them to the trash can icon in the Layers window)

at the bottom of the Layers window by the trash can icon you should see a little notepad icon called Create a New Layer. make sure you have the last frame and layer highlighted before you click it, so Photoshop will automatically go straight to the new layer and have it where you want it to be as the last layer of the gif

2mhzjx0.jpg

if you did all that right, there should be a new layer in the Layers window that looks like a blank checkerboard...if the last frame of your gif is still showing up, uncheck the eye icon by the frame on the Layers window...make sure that the only layer visible is the new one you created

now you can use the Horizontal Type Tool to create a text box on the blank checkerboard layer you just created, position it where you want it to be (generally somewhere in the corner of the gif looks best) and tag it however you want...you can change the font, size, color and style of the text with the tools at the top of the screen

kdaes7.jpg

now that you have your Tag Layer created, all you have to do is keep the eye icon next to it in the Layer window checked, and check the last frame of the gif again...if you did everything right, you should see your tag on the gif. play through it a few times to make sure everything is right, then save it as normal :takedat:

2hoecrk.jpg

astronaut status :russ:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
tagging is real simple, here's a lil tutorial tho:

after you got the gif finished, make sure you have the Layers window open and highlight the last frame of the gif, which should also be the last layer in the Layers window (if you have extra Layers from Frames you already deleted, you can delete the extra Layers by highlighting them and right clicking or dragging them to the trash can icon in the Layers window)

at the bottom of the Layers window by the trash can icon you should see a little notepad icon called Create a New Layer. make sure you have the last frame and layer highlighted before you click it, so Photoshop will automatically go straight to the new layer and have it where you want it to be as the last layer of the gif

2mhzjx0.jpg

if you did all that right, there should be a new layer in the Layers window that looks like a blank checkerboard...if the last frame of your gif is still showing up, uncheck the eye icon by the frame on the Layers window...make sure that the only layer visible is the new one you created

now you can use the Horizontal Type Tool to create a text box on the blank checkerboard layer you just created, position it where you want it to be (generally somewhere in the corner of the gif looks best) and tag it however you want...you can change the font, size, color and style of the text with the tools at the top of the screen

kdaes7.jpg

now that you have your Tag Layer created, all you have to do is keep the eye icon next to it in the Layer window checked, and check the last frame of the gif again...if you did everything right, you should see your tag on the gif. play through it a few times to make sure everything is right, then save it as normal :takedat:

2hoecrk.jpg

astronaut status :russ:

Thank you based Charmander

showul.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

I just noticed that I have a flash at the end of that. Do I need to go and delete that extra layer I made? The checkerboard looking one.
is the checker board layer the one with the tag?
if so no, don't delete the layer.
you have an extra frame at the end that needs to be deleted.
after you delete it, select all of the other frames.
select the last one, scroll to the first one, hold Shift and select the first one. this will select from start to finish.
then make sure that the eye symbol is on the tag layer.

if the extra layer is blank (does not have the tag) and has an eye on it, then yes delete it.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
ΘГβĮŦ∆Ŀ ₣℮ŦЏگ;135132 said:
is the checker board layer the one with the tag?
if so no, don't delete the layer.
you have an extra frame at the end that needs to be deleted.
after you delete it, select all of the other frames.
select the last one, scroll to the first one, hold Shift and select the first one. this will select from start to finish.
then make sure that the eye symbol is on the tag layer.

if the extra layer is blank (does not have the tag) and has an eye on it, then yes delete it.

74888670.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
cool, now try this:

select all of the frames from that gif.
click the box on the animation frame that is next to the garbage can. that will duplicate all of the frames. now you have the copies automatically all selected.
then on the upper right hand corner of the animation frames, bring down the menu and select REVERSE FRAMES.

now, the copies should still be highlighted.
go to the last original frame (right before the first highlighted copy frame) and delete it.

now press play and thank me later.