So yall wont blame teachers for the state of black children?Then why blame politicians for the state of black adults

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
It starts at the home period

If mama and daddy care more about themselves than they kid/kid’s education and learning, it’s not the teachers fault

My boy said he was one of the only black men at the teacher parent conference meeting last year, and even some of the kids mamas never showed up..

nikkas love the praises but pass the blame when it comes they way

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of the first things I can remember as a kid is playing with flash cards and playing memory with my mother. Before I went to kindergarten I knew how to read above my grade level .Before we had the actual memory game we used to take playing cards and use those to match pairs but its the same thing, I would put together puzzles, listen to book and tapes etc . I couldn't go outside until I did my homework after school , the boys club would make us all do homework for 1 hour after school before we could play and you couldn't come in if you didn't do any homework . It doesn't take a grip of money to do those kinds of things . My moms was 14 when she had me for reference I went to the pjs when I left the hospital as a baby father wasn't around . When I had my son I did these same kind of things with him and my mom still dose it will all my younger family members to this day . Your family can make a huge difference in you education if they are involved. Cant just put the kids on the bus in the morning and make a grilled cheese after school and call yourself a good parent .

Your mother was probably somewhat intelligent,or you have good genes. But yall fail to account for kids who have stupid parents. Or genetically are prone to not be the sharpest tool in the shed without alot of extra effort.

This is where teachers come in as secondary parents and experts in the art of teaching. Yall are basically telling me teachers are worthless at their craft. If thats the case,fire them all,pay parents to watch their own kids. And we can just have a computer that puts information in front of them. If thats all a teacher is good for.

Lets stop shooting these teachers bail,I know yall saw Lean On Me. And ive seen teachers have an effect in real life:respect:

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
A lot of those poor people are putting no effort into improving their circumstances. That’s why.

A bad student can come from any socioeconomic background and race. However, in the black community, something as simple as using proper grammar can get you roasted. I know from personal experience.
"Why you sound so white?"

Well damn, fuk me for having a mom that forced proper enunciation onto me. She would literally ignore my ass unless I pronounced a sentence properly.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Your mother was probably somewhat intelligent,or you have good genes. But yall fail to account for kids who have stupid parents. Or genetically are prone to not be the sharpest tool in the shed without alot of extra effort.

This is where teachers come in as secondary parents and experts in the art of teaching. Yall are basically telling me teachers are worthless at their craft. If thats the case,fire them all,pay parents to watch their own kids. And we can just have a computer that puts information in front of them. If thats all a teacher is good for.

Lets stop shooting these teachers bail,I know yall saw Lean On Me. And ive seen teachers have an effect in real life:respect:
Wait, are you saying teachers also have to double as life coaches? There's a school counselor for a reason. A teacher is there to help you absorb the material, not guide you through life. When the hell did that become mandatory? And for any of that to work, the kids have to be receptive to it in the first place. And what makes them receptive to that kind of thing? Circle back home.

It sounds like you expect teachers to make up for inadequate parents. Why should they have to put in more effort than a child's parents?

Daps

Well damn, fuk me for having a mom that forced proper enunciation onto me. She would literally ignore my ass unless I pronounced a sentence properly.
This is exactly what was said to me. Also, “you’re so proper” in a condescending tone.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, are you saying teachers also have to double as life coaches? There's a school counselor for a reason. A teacher is there to help you absorb the material, not guide you through life. When the hell did that become mandatory? And for any of that to work, the kids have to be receptive to it in the first place. And what makes them receptive to that kind of thing? Circle back home.

It sounds like you expect teachers to make up for inadequate parents. Why should they have to put in more effort than a child's parents?

Yes,the people who spend almost as much time with your kids as you. Should also be life coaches and be able to give guidance. They should be thinking tirelessly about ways to reach students individually. They should also be social workers and work in conjunction with them. Teachers who really care wear many hats. Because there is no othet way in their mind.

Yall the same ones who will call for a coaches job because "he lost his team". Or because "The players didnt respect him". And these are grown ass millionaires paid to play football/basketball.

But when it comes to a teacher,you all have zero accountability for them. When they have obviously lost students,and students have no respect for them.

And is this the case for all teachers?no? Theres always a handful that students love and respect. So obviously the teachers who cant,simply arent cut out for the job.

Ive seen cult leaders,pastors,coaches etc rule grown people with an iron fist. But yall wanna tell me the kids are uncontrollable:mjlol:

Nah,you said it right,its not mandatory. Teachers know that,and dont wanna do whats difficult.

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes,the people who spend almost as much time with your kids as you. Should also be life coaches and be able to give guidance. They should be thinking tirelessly about ways to reach students individually. They should also be social workers and work in conjunction with them. Teachers who really care wear many hats. Because there is no othet way in their mind.

Yall the same ones who will call for a coaches job because "he lost his team". Or because "The players didnt respect him". And these are grown ass millionaires paid to play football/basketball.

But when it comes to a teacher,you all have zero accountability for them. When they have obviously lost students,and students have no respect for them.

And is this the case for all teachers?no? Theres always a handful that students love and respect. So obviously the teachers who cant,simply arent cut out for the job.

Ive seen cult leaders,pastors,coaches etc rule grown people with an iron fist. But yall wanna tell me the kids are uncontrollable:mjlol:

Nah,you said it right,its not mandatory. Teachers know that,and dont wanna do whats difficult.

Did you go to school in the inner city ? When I went you would have 2/3 girls in the back of the class leave their coat on all day pull the hood over their heads sleep and eat penny candy. If the teacher said anything to them they would give them smoke. Today you probably add in cell phones and its that much harder. I think your asking way too much from teachers and not enough from parents.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A dry snitching rapist on himself making a post on education/parental involvement on this very forum
You can’t make this shyt up :Kd:
The internet truly is a meeting place for idiot savants :deadrose:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
School issues are also legislative issues because local governments allocate school budgets. Local elections and politics often have more impact than national politics.

Also, blue-collar workers in the hood create OOW kids too. It's not just "criminals and pookies". I know lots of baby daddies with decent jobs. I think a lot of y'all are white or grew up very sheltered.
The same can be said for you (and other posters) by assuming all OOW children have the same type of parents/parenting or that it means an uninvolved father.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

This is exactly what was said to me. Also, “you’re so proper” in a condescending tone.
:why: You got clowned because kids don't talk like that to each other, weirdo! That's what I was trynna say in the other thread.

If I had been turning double dutch and yelled, "Halt the proceedings! Dost I spy a titty in the rope?! Forsooth and tally ho, mesdames!", they woulda robbed me and took my lunch money.

Be 20 yrs older and still not understand the purpose or utility of code switching, brehs. :mjlol:

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
How is it the politicians fault that black women in poor cities purposely go out of their way to choose to have kids with the lowest of low?
And Don’t give me that no good black men excuse. There’s bus drivers, construction workers, truck drivers, and other skilled laborers in the hood.
A black man or woman's profession does not determine their character. Why do yall keep repeating this bullshyt??

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you go to school in the inner city ? When I went you would have 2/3 girls in the back of the class leave their coat on all day pull the hood over their heads sleep and eat penny candy. If the teacher said anything to them they would give them smoke. Today you probably add in cell phones and its that much harder. I think your asking way too much from teachers and not enough from parents.

Good parents dont need to be asked do they? What remains are the children of parents who aint shyt,or parents who arent capable. And likewise I dont feel good teachers need to be asked. They will reach in their resevoirs and go to great lengths,and teach harder to resonate with their students who need more. And if they fail one day,its back to drawing board to try again the next day. These teachers either arent passionate about what thet are teaching. Or they arent passionate about seeing these kids succeed. This tells me they need a new line of work:respect:

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good parents dont need to be asked do they? What remains are the children of parents who aint shyt,or parents who arent capable. And likewise I dont feel good teachers need to be asked. They will reach in their resevoirs and go to great lengths,and teach harder to resonate with their students who need more. And if they fail one day,its back to drawing board to try again the next day. These teachers either arent passionate about what thet are teaching. Or they arent passionate about seeing these kids succeed. This tells me they need a new line of work:respect:
I guess we just look at things differently. In my opinion if we wait around for what your asking for things will only continue the direction they are going now. Being a teacher is just a job in my eyes , if they show up and teach the required curriculum that is all I can ask for . If parents aren't spending the necessary time with their children it's unfortunate but you can't blame the teachers for not stopping by after work to make sure everyone did their homework.

Daps
:why: You got clowned because kids don't talk like that to each other, weirdo! That's what I was trynna say in the other thread.

If I had been turning double dutch and yelled, "Halt the proceedings! Dost I spy a titty in the rope?! Forsooth and tally ho, mesdames!", they woulda robbed me and took my lunch money.

Be 20 yrs older and still not understand the purpose or utility of code switching, brehs. :mjlol:
Nobody is using words like that. Are we posting that way? Simply using conjunctions, and pronouncing words properly is viewed as bad. Why even code switch in the first place? You’re admitting what we’re saying is true. I would have to put more effort into code switching, than to just speak properly. It is not natural to use broken English to me.