So Will Smith turned down Django??

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You all have to understand. Will was a Rapper 1st, then he had a hit TV show then he conquered Hollywood as a Black Man. Will is right now the most bankable Star in Hollywood. For him to accomplished this starting out as an emcee from Philly is beyond historic. So maybe you all want Will to do more "Artsy" type roles but he has his formula and he's sticking too it. Also Will did a western called "Wild Wild West" and that flopped and he took a lot of heat in the industry for that. So Will said F*ck blockbuster and he did "Bager Vance" and played a stereotypical "Magic Negro" as Spike says then he did "Ali" which was a decent Bio-pic (Could of been better had they showed his ENTIRE life but Will did well). Both of those movies underperformed at the Box Office.

After that Will decided he will stick to his formula and it worked. 8 Straight 100 Million Blockbuster in multiple genre's. So after that success what does will do? "7 Pounds" a Dark Drama which was way out of character for him. So Will took a risk with that and the fans didn't reward him cause "7 pounds" broke his 100 Million streak. So now Will is back on his blockbusters. "MIB 3" did 650 Million Worldwide. "After Earth" will be a hit for sure. So people may not think Will is a Great Actor and that's fine cause he doesn't even view himself as that, he views himself as a hard worker. Remember Will 1st acting was the Fresh Prince some 20 years ago. Sure he's gotten better but he was never a actor at heart.

220px-Seven_Pounds_poster.jpg

After 8 Straight 100 Million Films, Will went Left Field with "7 pounds" his lowest grossing movie in 12 years.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:ld: You and I might interpret the scene in different ways. I think the scene occurred the way it did to show that Schultz (spelled right?) and Django were truly friends. Schultz had nothing to lose by just shaking DiCaprio's hand and leaving but he felt a deep sense of disdain for Candy. What might have started off as a convenient business relationship between Schultz and Django (as Schultz admits in the beginning) turns in to a real friendship in a time when blacks were regarded as inferior. Schultz was offended on Django's behalf and knew whoever killed Candy would also get killed so he sacrificed his life so Django and his chick could live. At least that's how I interpreted the scene :yeshrug:

I got that but I felt Schultz didn't do Django any favors by Killing Candy. He then left Django all alone to fight off the entire house instead of having both of them together. QT did that for dramatic purposes and the movie clearly lost steam so that last 15 minutes was forced. I don't see how Schultz helped Django by leaving him all alone. If QT was going to Kill Dr King he should of done in my opinion is have Candy kill Schultz and have a huge shoot out in the house where Django ends up winning and killing Candy in the end and blowing up the house. That would of been a better way to kill of Schultz instead of having him kill Candy.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't give a damn about box office numbers. I'm not a fan of his acting and most of his "blockbusters" I don't care for, hence him being overrated TO ME.

Look I can also say idiotic statements:

I don't care that Michael Phelps won 22 medals in the Olympics he's overrated as an Olympic swimmer.
He's overrated to ME

saying u don't like his acting doesn't make him overrated in the least. Facts>opinions and no actor ever has done what he's done.

:mjpls:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Piece of advice....anyone with a red dot...don't waste your time quoting them.

:shaq2:

im in the red because I said gucci mane isnt a legend. Bunch of gucci mane dikk suckers all negged me cuz their feelings got hurt. Rep doesnt mean shyt because theirs a bunch of lame crews that will all neg one person.

personally, when someone has a red dot I read their posts more, because that usually means they arent posting "safe" and actually keep it real.

daps is wheres it at anyway. And im batting like 140 percent.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Peep how Quentin was adamant on NOT letting Django kill the bad guy.

Making Django kill Cotton Candy would not have really thrown the movie off, so I wonder why Quentin didn't make the change...hmmm

Quentin knew what he was doing by making this fake ass "black superhero" movie. But dumb muthafukkas want to raise this shyt on some kinda pedestal.

shyt like that, I have to respect Will Smith even more :salute: . He's proof that the mind and ambition have no limits.

Daps
So will smith turned down the matrix for wild Wild West and turned down django?

He needs to read his scripts more thoroughly

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
You all have to understand. Will was a Rapper 1st, then he had a hit TV show then he conquered Hollywood as a Black Man. Will is right now the most bankable Star in Hollywood. For him to accomplished this starting out as an emcee from Philly is beyond historic. So maybe you all want Will to do more "Artsy" type roles but he has his formula and he's sticking too it. Also Will did a western called "Wild Wild West" and that flopped and he took a lot of heat in the industry for that. So Will said F*ck blockbuster and he did "Bager Vance" and played a stereotypical "Magic Negro" as Spike says then he did "Ali" which was a decent Bio-pic (Could of been better had they showed his ENTIRE life but Will did well). Both of those movies underperformed at the Box Office.

After that Will decided he will stick to his formula and it worked. 8 Straight 100 Million Blockbuster in multiple genre's. So after that success what does will do? "7 Pounds" a Dark Drama which was way out of character for him. So Will took a risk with that and the fans didn't reward him cause "7 pounds" broke his 100 Million streak. So now Will is back on his blockbusters. "MIB 3" did 650 Million Worldwide. "After Earth" will be a hit for sure. So people may not think Will is a Great Actor and that's fine cause he doesn't even view himself as that, he views himself as a hard worker. Remember Will 1st acting was the Fresh Prince some 20 years ago. Sure he's gotten better but he was never a actor at heart.

220px-Seven_Pounds_poster.jpg

After 8 Straight 100 Million Films, Will went Left Field with "7 pounds" his lowest grossing movie in 12 years.

C/S The rap artist the Fresh Prince gets a pass any time, Boom boom shake shake the room!!

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Good for Will

that movie is for c00ns and cac enablers