So where's the outrage about Sony releasing another broken/unfinished game in Bloodborne????

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
Only load times being slow for me but I can deal with it after playing games last gen :scusthov:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beat the game without a single glitch. Killed 5 bosses so far in new game plus without a single glitch. Framerate was worse on every other souls game except for PC versions. Haven't done co-op cuz I'm not a bytch. This is NOTHING like recent broken games at launch. Load times are a little long but I have an ssd hybrid so not too bad. Overall, an incredible game and don't let anyone fool you otherwise.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Beat the game without a single glitch. Killed 5 bosses so far in new game plus without a single glitch. Framerate was worse on every other souls game except for PC versions. Haven't done co-op cuz I'm not a bytch. This is NOTHING like recent broken games at launch. Load times are a little long but I have an ssd hybrid so not too bad. Overall, an incredible game and don't let anyone fool you otherwise.
:stopitslime: Some dude on Youtube had a glitch, that means the game is unfinished and is disrespectful that the game launched in such a state. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Do you own halo?
Did halo not launch broken and receive praise from all reviewers as well?

Bloodborne is actually playable from what I have heard. Halo MCC was purchased with the anticipation that online multi was going to be incredible...we all know how that turned out.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
N0oSaJU.png

This is pretty bad. I plan on buying the game tomorrow, but I could see this being really frustrating for me considering the limited time I have to play games, staring at a loading screen for a significant portion of it is not whats hot in the streets.

I was thinking about waiting for the patch, but there's no guarantee its coming soon and that it will work when it does come. I can wait no longer, gotta get my souls fix.
This is pathetic even coming from you

Long load times never equates to a broken game, the only argument is if it takes a substantial amount of time...like MINUTES on end, when this is clearly not the case. You must be really struggling over there to come up with this thread over a game that people are enjoying all across the board.

This thread can be made as an example on how to avoid making "Low Quality" threads. I won't remove it though, keep cooking.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is pathetic even coming from you

Long load times never equates to a broken game, the only argument is if it takes a substantial amount of time...like MINUTES on end, when this is clearly not the case. You must be really struggling over there to come up with this thread over a game that people are enjoying all across the board.

This thread can be made as an example on how to avoid making "Low Quality" threads. I won't remove it though, keep cooking.

It does lead to minutes on end. For example to upgrade your character you have to sit through the 41 seconds to load the level, then another 30 to load the upgrade dude, then another 41 to get back into the hub world, then another 30 to leave.

Add that to the fact that you will die literally hundreds of times and the load screens can be very frustrating. In an hour of gameplay you might spend 10-20 of those minutes staring at a loading screen.

And I guess you missed the other impressions and videos I posted showing game breaking bugs?

And I guess you missed the part where is said I don't believe bloodborne is "broken" but that moniker has been given to other games with similar issues?

Your post is an example of how to be a shytty poster, and ignore the info given to you just so you can defend a game. Keep cooking

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did halo not launch broken and receive praise from all reviewers as well?

Bloodborne is actually playable from what I have heard. Halo MCC was purchased with the anticipation that online multi was going to be incredible...we all know how that turned out.

And here you prove my point.

Halo absolutely was not broken. Buggy yes, broken. No.

Bloodborne is very buggy at this point, yet no one is willing to call it "broken" or even call FROM out for releasing a buggy unoptimized game.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
the only time I find the game has any real hiccups is when you walk into old yarnham. Walking from the lamp out the door, and when your are about to cross that first bridge. It stutters briefly, pretty consistently.

Other than that the game has been fine.

And ive been dying less lately, so the loading times haven't been as annoying. It does get annoying when you want to go upgrade real quick, and you have to either hike back to a lamp or sit 20-30 secs to re awaken at a lamp and THEN another 20-30 secs to get back to the hub from the lamp/

-DMP-

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Destiny had unbearable load times to me but I didn't consider it to be broken
Its not just the load times.

AC unity was called broken due to shyty framerate, and buggy animations/collision detection.

Bloodborne has those same problems if not worse in some areas.

Again I'm not calling bloodborne broken, I'm just highlighting the way devs/games get a pass where others don't.

GTA has been out for two years and sold twice and it still doesn't work right, yet no one is willing to call that broken or call out rockstar.

Had it been an EA game that did that people would be up in arms

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Halo: The Master Chief Collection – 100 Days Later
By: Rhys Weir | February 19th, 2015
November 13th, 2014 – Day Three
After constant reports from 343 Industries about server-side updates, they decided to remove a few playlists to try and improve search times in the remaining ones.
Removed Playlists
  • Team Hardcore
  • Rumble Pit
  • Halo 4
  • SWAT
Remaining Playlists
  • Team Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Halo Championship Series
  • Team Slayer
  • Big Team Battle
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3
November 22nd, 2014 – Free for All
Since team sizes were still incorrect and players were constantly being split from the parties they were searching with, many people asked for 343 Industries to bring back the Free for All playlist in hopes they could at least play some sort of matchmaking game without having to worry about losing their party. 343 listened and later announced that the playlist would be coming online “within the next few hours” – this announcement was made at 3:25AM PST. Like all other playlists, it was going to be unranked until existing matchmaking issues had been ironed out.
It wasn’t until 10:18PM PST on November 23rd, 2014 that the playlist finally released and brought more disappointment to the already disgruntled community for a variety of reasons:
  • FFA was Halo 2 Anniversary only
  • Max Player Size was set to 10 instead of the traditional 6-8 in previous titles
  • In some cases, players were playing 11-16 player FFA games in the playlist
November 24th, 2014 – The Boss
On November 24th, Bonnie Ross – Studio Head at 343 Industries made a blog post on the homepage of Halo Waypoint were she personally apologized for the shortcomings of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and promised that the team was working around the clock to ensure the game would be in a playable state that was promised before launch.
“On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority. We continue to partner with the Xbox platform team to analyze all data to make ongoing server-side adjustments to continually improve the matchmaking experience.
We are also preparing additional content updates that will address existing campaign, UI, and other issues to improve the overall experience. With each update we will carefully analyze data to confirm that the improvements we’re seeing internally are also happening with fans at home. “
You can check out the full apology from Bonnie Ross by clicking here.
December 10th, 2014 – The Return
This date marked the return of Team SWAT, a playlist previously removed on November 13th to hopefully speed up the matchmaking process and it brought back 4v4 team sizes for five playlists:
  • Team Slayer
  • Halo 2 Classic
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Championship Series
  • SWAT
Previously, these playlists were all 5v5 and made maps quite crowded in some cases. This was only a playlist update rather than content update which makes core changes to the game, so no further changes were made to matchmaking and stability on this date.

December 19th, 2014 – Compensation
Bonnie Ross had returned from the shadows and made a post on Xbox Wire informing players that because of all these issues, players would receive various forms of compensation to make up for the messy launch of the game. For anyone who played the game before December 19th, they would receive the following at a later date:
  • In-game nameplate
  • In-game avatar
  • Free month of Xbox LIVE Gold
  • Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign for Halo: The Master Chief Collection running at 1080p and 60FPS
  • Remastered Halo 2 Anniversary Map – “Relic”
December 29th, 2014 – The Future
December 29th marked the release date of the Halo 5: Guardians Beta and would ultimately put Halo: The Master Chief Collection content updates on hold for a month. It should be worth noting at this point that content updates for Halo: The Master Chief Collection were releasing WEEKLY up until the release of the Halo 5: Guardians beta.
Content Update Release Dates
  1. November 14th, 2014
  2. November 20th, 2014
  3. November 26th, 2014
  4. December 3rd, 2014
  5. December 7th, 2014
  6. December 15th, 2014
  7. December 22nd, 2014
While the entire purpose of this article is to show the journey from November to February for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, it is worth touching on the Halo 5: Guardians beta and how well the game performed in terms of matchmaking and parties.
From the get go, players were able to join up with their friends and jump straight into matchmaking playlists and find games in under 30 seconds. These games were balanced teams, in most cases equally matched in terms of skill and matches actually started. A tweet from Josh Holmes on Twitter actually said that of the thousands of games played in the Halo 5: Guardians beta in the first week, only SEVEN started with uneven teams.
The sheer thought of a very early beta working much better than a retail product released from the same company was once again, baffling and people weren’t exaggerating – the matchmaking and party system in the Halo 5: Guardians beta was functioning better than Halo: The Master Chief Collection in every aspect.
January 21st, 2015 – Welcome to the Beta!
In a quiet blog post on Halo Waypoint, 343 Industries announced that they would be having a beta for the next content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection that would be available for members of the Xbox One Preview Program. While nothing had been confirmed at this point, many people throughout the community were speculating that this would be a huge rework of the both the matchmaking and party systems and would address the core issues once and for all rather than releasing small updates every once in a while which clearly weren’t making any real impact.
The beta for the upcoming content update was scheduled to take place over the weekend of January 27th and ended up being delayed and eventually cancelled to ensure that the public release of the update arrived faster. Almost a month later, this update has still yet to arrive and we still don’t have a solid release date for it.
January 31st, 2015 – It’s coming, we promise.
Today marked the date that Bravo brought back the weekly Halo Bulletin posts which were stopped shortly before the launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and replaced by video bulletins. While the video bulletins did mix things up a little, in most cases they completely ignored the issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection with multiple episodes not even mentioning the game. In the first edition of what was now called the Halo Community Update, Bravo outlined what issues they are targeting for the upcoming content update and that is:
  • Matchmaking search time
  • Match search success
  • Lobby / Party Functionality
All three of these are arguably the biggest issues with the game and fixing them would do wonders despite the other issues like Halo 2 Classic netcode, games failing to load, etc.
February 11th, 2015 – Stick With It
Stick With It is an achievement in Halo: The Master Chief Collection which offers 5 Gamerscore if you meet the pre-requirements seen below:

February 11th, 2015 was the third month that Halo: The Master Chief Collection had been out to the public and many players hopped onto the game to try and unlock this achievement. After reading various posts on achievement websites and testing it myself, I can confirm that as on February 19th, 2015 – this achievement will still not unlock and is bugged. Like every other issue in the game, 343 Industries apologized and promised they were working on a fix.

February 19th, 2015 – 100 Days Later

Well here we are. February 19th, 2015 marks the the 100th day that Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been available for purchase and as you can probably guess from the previous 5,000+ words, the game is still in a very dysfunctional and unplayable state. I haven’t even been able to touch on every single issue and bug that is still plaguing the game because to be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t know when to stop. There are huge issues like the long-search times all the way down to minor issues like the lighting on Sandbox in Halo 3.

100 days in and Halo: The Master Chief Collection does still not have a decent-functioning matchmaking system, a working lobby/party system and a plethora of other long-standing issues. Even if the upcoming content update does finally fix the long-standing issues with matchmaking and parties, there are still all of these issues that need to be worked on and even more that I’ll probably miss out:
Long-standing issues
  • Crashes on all titles
  • Freezes on all titles
  • Long search times
  • Low matchmaking success rate
  • Peer to Peer matches are more common that matched on dedicated servers
  • Rank resets
  • Halo 2 Classic’s netcode
  • Halo: Combat Evolved anti-aim bug
  • Forge in Halo 3
  • 4 second respawn bug in Halo 2 Classic*
  • No microphone indicator to see who is talking in various titles
  • Incorrect emblems shown in-game for Halo 2 Classic, Halo 3 and Halo 4
  • Halo 3 directional sounds are broken
  • Halo 3 multiplayer games aren’t recognized by Halo: The Master Chief Collection’s stats
  • All of these bugs in Halo: Combat Evolved
  • De-sync bugs in Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo: Combat Evolved’s Campaigns in co-op mode
  • This notification for terminal videos always shows up and there is no way to get rid of it
  • Various AI in Halo 2 Anniversary don’t dual wield weapons despite doing so in the Xbox original version
  • This UI bug prevents players from changing teams in custom games
  • Trait Zones in Halo 4’s Forge can’t be used because the UI option to modify them is missing
  • If you betray a team mate in Halo 3 three times, you won’t be kicked – you will be sent to the other team.
*: This bug actually spawns another interesting but insane bug. If you are holding an objective like the Oddball, Flag or Hill when this glitch happens to you, your dead body will be in possession of the objective until you finally respawn. Other players will not be able to pick them up and will essentially lose to a dead body. Dead players who are stuck on the 4 second respawn glitch will also show as a red dot on the radar until they finally respawn.
Those are just a list of some issues that have been a problem since November 11th, some have been acknowledged by 343 Industries and some haven’t and we literally have no time frame when any of them will be fixed. In just 100 days, 343 Industries have managed to make very little progress in fixing all of these issues in Halo: The Master Chief Collection. With the upcoming content update having over a month of development time, it should seriously be fixing all the issues it promises to fix on the matchmaking and party-side of things.
This weekend, Halo: The Master Chief Collection could possibly be going on sale for $24 and I literally don’t know if I should be telling people to pick it up or not. On one hand, it is an absolute steal getting all of that content for that price but on the other hand, it hasn’t worked for 100 days and there are no signs that it will be fixed completely any time soon.

I trimmed A LOT of the main post. Full post here http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-100-days-later/

Not sure how a game with this many problems is being compared to Bloodborne.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Its not just the load times.

AC unity was called broken due to shyty framerate, and buggy animations/collision detection.

Bloodborne has those same problems if not worse in some areas.

Again I'm not calling bloodborne broken, I'm just highlighting the way devs/games get a pass where others don't.

GTA has been out for two years and sold twice and it still doesn't work right, yet no one is willing to call that broken or call out rockstar.

Had it been an EA game that did that people would be up in arms

I'll be buying Bloodborne on Sunday. Overall I think it's quite a stretch to compare Bloodborne to ACU or MCC. At this point I have yet to see the widespread issues that were documented for MCC on Bloodborne. You're literally the only person I have seen on the entire world wide web making the statement that Bloodborne is as broken as MCC, or that the game can be considered broken/unfinished at all. My boy is the biggest Halo stan I know, and even he told me he threw MCC in the bushes.