So when do you think this Anti-Woke/Culture War BS will end? if at all?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Critical Drinker lures them in by using actual legitimate critique to dismantle and nitpick "woke" plots and characters. Weak movies with a diverse cast are absolutely OBLITERATED. His rhetoric is interwoven into the critique so nicely that a neophyte to the alt-right pipeline won't be turned off and it's potent enough that eventually he'll be ready to graduate them to the channels of his lackeys with far less subtle messages.

Exactly. Dude is super slick with it and when he first started out he did well hiding the alt right talking points and his main message seemed to be "modern blockbusters suck because of bad writing." But slowly that morphed into "modern blockbusters suck because they're too preachy" and now that's turning into "modern blockbusters suck because there's too many women and minorities in there." But yeah, even when he wasn't so blatant with the agenda he'd always seem to have issues with films with a diverse cast or female leads and would be extra nitpicky when he reviewed them. One of his earlier slip ups though was his review of Midsommar. He swore up and down that that movie was some feminist male-bashing film and he completely missed the point of it to the point where even some of his followers were like "wtf?" Then he just got more blatant with his agenda from there.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Critical Drinker is way more slick than the others. The other three you mentioned are pretty blatant with their agenda and half of their videos are basically bytching about Brie Larson or some other outspoken female actor or trying to rile up their racist fanbase. Critical Drinker though will mix in some legit points about bad writing while sprinkling in some alt right dog whistling. I'm pretty active in the screenwriting community and I know a lot of relatively liberal writers who were fans of the Critical Drinker at first before slowly realizing what his agenda was. But he's basically the gateway drug for the alt right pipeline. He almost slipped up when he went hard against Prey but he was smart enough to soften his stance on the film when he saw the reaction it was getting. Was hilarious to observe in real time. He went from "this movie is feminist trash" to "people are overhyping this movie" to "alright, the movie is surprisingly decent but definitely not a masterpiece" lol.
:russ: You saw that too?
Critical Drinker's turn on Prey was hilarious. He balances out his criticisms and hate pretty well so he can always feign innocence from being incel speech. He gets interviews from industry folk so he has to be careful.
Your screenwriting community's feelings about him mirror mine, I dug him before peeping his agenda. Every once in a while, I check his videos to see the complaints. He has some legitimate criticisms (I thought the She-Hulk vid where he gave alternative storytelling options was decent) but you know his anti-woke core so you take it with a grain of salt. I think he's more blatant with it now... he's posted some straight up racist tweets.

Where is your screenwriting community? Reddit? Discord?

Last edited:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was on that Zoom call when Zack Snyder shytted on all the anti-SJW youtubers supporting the Snyder cut. lol
That shyt turned from a celebration to a funeral real fast. lol
Haha, I would have loved to see his goofy ass face after that. :mjlol:
Probably dropped that dumb ass shyt-eating grin real quick

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: You saw that too?
Critical Drinker's turn on Prey was hilarious. He balances out his criticisms and hate pretty well so he can always feign innocence from being incel speech. He gets interviews from industry folk so he has to be careful.
Your screenwriting community's feelings about him mirror mine, I dug him before peeping his agenda. Every once in a while, I check his videos to see the complaints. He has some legitimate criticisms (I thought the She-Hulk vid where he gave alternative storytelling options was decent) but you know his anti-woke core so you take it with a grain of salt. I think he's more blatant with it now... he's posted some straight up racist tweets.

Where is your screenwriting community? Reddit? Discord?

I started out in a big screenwriting group on Facebook. Actually was able to get a manger after making some connections in the group. Then last year I went to the Austin Film Festival and met a bunch of writers there who are pretty active on twitter. So nowadays I mostly just interact with other writers on Twitter though I'll occasionally peep the Facebook group.

I used to use the screenwriting reddit a lot but that was mainly to do script swaps with other writers to get feedback on my work

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I started out in a big screenwriting group on Facebook. Actually was able to get a manger after making some connections in the group. Then last year I went to the Austin Film Festival and met a bunch of writers there who are pretty active on twitter. So nowadays I mostly just interact with other writers on Twitter though I'll occasionally peep the Facebook group.

I used to use the screenwriting reddit a lot but that was mainly to do script swaps with other writers to get feedback on my work
That's dope, man!

Have you ever submitted anything to The Black List for review?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's dope, man!

Have you ever submitted anything to The Black List for review?

Thanks man. Yeah I've submitted a few scripts to the Black List. Highest I've ever gotten was a 7. A friend of mine in a writers group I'm in got a 9 and that opened up a lot of doors for him. Ended up getting a manager, an agent and his script got optioned. Crazy how quickly it happened though he was on the verge of breaking through even before the Black List score

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thanks man. Yeah I've submitted a few scripts to the Black List. Highest I've ever gotten was a 7. A friend of mine in a writers group I'm in got a 9 and that opened up a lot of doors for him. Ended up getting a manager, an agent and his script got optioned. Crazy how quickly it happened though he was on the verge of breaking through even before the Black List score
Wow, that's interesting.
7 is pretty damn good, no? What rating do you need to hit that starts to garner attraction like your friend? 8? 9?
If you get a 9 do you go into a pool that is in consideration for the released Black List at the end of the year?
I've read up some on the BL program but not in detail.
I need to finish up my own script(s) and start submitting. :snoop:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've talked about one particular c00n ass youtuber that pushes that anti-woke bullshyt:sas2:

His initials are TM
I can't stand that idiot. He worships The Hodge Twins so I took it he peeped what they were doing and he hopped on the right wing grift despite proclaiming to be non-political for years. He also admitted to being an incel growing up. When he said that it all started to make sense.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow, that's interesting.
7 is pretty damn good, no? What rating do you need to hit that starts to garner attraction like your friend? 8? 9?
If you get a 9 do you go into a pool that is in consideration for the released Black List at the end of the year?
I've read up some on the BL program but not in detail.
I need to finish up my own script(s) and start submitting. :snoop:

So a 7 is good but typically only an 8 or higher will get some attention on there. Basically all the scripts with an 8 or a 9 are featured on the site and their list of industry members normally download those scripts and read them.

Also, it's confusing as hell but there are two different Black Lists. So there's the Black List hosting site where anyone can post their script and get a rating. And then there's the annual Black List where different industry members vote on their favorite unproduced scripts of the year and the scripts with the most votes are selected. They're two completely different things and normally only writers who have managers or agents get on the annual Black List. What makes it confusing as hell is that even though they're two completely different things they're run by the same dude (Franklin Leonard)