So when do you think this Anti-Woke/Culture War BS will end? if at all?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Honestly part of the problem was showrunners went HAM on diversity whilst hiring sloppy writers. Ofcourse there'll be kickback.

Classic movies like Alien had strong female leads and nobody blinked an eye cuz the writing was on point.
Sloppy writers who want to talk to the audience

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
They overrepresenting them LGBTQ folks.....i saw two lesbian moms in the recent Dr.Strange and Buzz Light movies....i saw two gay dads in the Eternals movie....thats 3 homosexual couples in 3 major movies in the last year from Disney.....When the last time you saw two black parents in a major disney movie? Them peoples in them writing rooms are on some bullshyt and people see through that.

Black films actually do very well, but ain't getting no where near the amount of representation as we should have.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They overrepresenting them LGBTQ folks.....i saw two lesbian moms in the recent Dr.Strange and Buzz Light movies....i saw two gay dads in the Eternals movie....thats 3 homosexual couples in 3 major movies in the last year from Disney.....When the last time you saw two black parents in a major disney movie? Them peoples in them writing rooms are on some bullshyt and people see through that.

Black films actually do very well, but ain't getting no where near the amount of representation as we should have.
I think the idea is to catch up with current times and make up for a lack of representation from the past.
Marvel In particular seems to be trolling the incels by going hard with the representation.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
I think the idea is to catch up with current times and make up for a lack of representation from the past.
Marvel In particular seems to be trolling the incels by going hard with the representation.

If they catching up with "current times" then where are all the black movies we should be getting? diffrence is them gay movies flop, while black movies do very well. Who on earth would take their family to the movies to see some LGBTQ shyt....nobody.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If they catching up with "current times" then where are all the black movies we should be getting? diffrence is them gay movies flop, while black movies do very well. Who on earth would take their family to the movies to see some LGBTQ shyt....nobody.
Didn't Disney/Pixar do Soul a couple years ago? Then they did Encanto (Latinos), Turning Red (Asian) now Light year (gay). They are spreading the wealth over there.
Gay people probably and/or people interested in another aspect of the movie that don't have hang ups about gay people or seeing them on screen.
Also, you see how you keep bringing up Black people as something you want to see. It's most likely because you are Black (assuming) right? Hollywood had always attracted a higher % of gay people than other industries so yeah they are going to want to see themselves like you do.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Didn't Disney/Pixar do Soul a couple years ago? Then they did Encanto (Latinos), Turning Red (Asian) now Light year (gay). They are spreading the wealth over there.
Gay people probably and/or people interested in another aspect of the movie that don't have hang ups about gay people or seeing them on screen.
Also, you see how you keep bringing up Black people as something you want to see. It's most likely because you are Black (assuming) right? Hollywood had always attracted a higher % of gay people than other industries so yeah they are going to want to see themselves like you do.

you can sub out Lightyear w/ Luca...Lightyear was light on it, in the grand scheme

Many say that's the gay film. I personally just saw it about 2 good (guy) friends...but others have interpreted it as more of gay acceptance, etc.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
you can sub out Lightyear w/ Luca...Lightyear was light on it, in the grand scheme

Many say that's the gay film. I personally just saw it about 2 good (guy) friends...but others have interpreted it as more of gay acceptance, etc.

I will say I was like you but there is one scene in particular when Luca's friend was 'outed' as a sea monster and Luca fronted on him. I thought there was a parallel there.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps

Diffrence is tho movies like Soul and Spiderman into the spiderverse are great movies....while them LGBTQ joints are just...bad....and they still make more of them even while flopping critically and commerically....took them 4 years to make a black panther sequel when that shattered records and it made waves, while lackluster Ant-man is getting its third movie.

They only doing catch up for certain groups....white women and gays, while ignoring black talent....and even in some cases straight disrespecting black people.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Diffrence is tho movies like Soul and Spiderman into the spiderverse are great movies....while them LGBTQ joints are just...bad....and they still make more of them even while flopping critically and commerically....took them 4 years to make a black panther sequel when that shattered records and it made waves, while lackluster Ant-man is getting its third movie.

They only doing catch up for certain groups....white women and gays, while ignoring black talent....and even in some cases straight disrespecting black people.
You sound like the complaining incels

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
I use to enjoy watching reviews and critiques on shows. Even ones I already saw to possibly catch some things I missed the 1st time. But most of the content like that on YouTube is dudes bytching and hoeing about about anything that isn't non-descript White men.

Even some Black content creators are on that type of time.

Ironically the people complaining about "wokeness" and "pushing agendas" are preachier and more political than the content their critiquing.

For example Captain marvel wasn't mediocre because it was "feminist" It could've kept it's girl power feeling and still be good.