So when do you think this Anti-Woke/Culture War BS will end? if at all?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Diffrence is tho movies like Soul and Spiderman into the spiderverse are great movies....while them LGBTQ joints are just...bad....and they still make more of them even while flopping critically and commerically....took them 4 years to make a black panther sequel when that shattered records and it made waves, while lackluster Ant-man is getting its third movie.

They only doing catch up for certain groups....white women and gays, while ignoring black talent....and even in some cases straight disrespecting black people.
What's bad and what's good is subjective tho. I agree Soul was great compared to Lightyear or Luca but that's just an opinion.
You do know Antman franchise start before Black Panther did. So there's a reason it is ahead as far as sequels.
Support something less than mainstream if you want to see Black people in your entertainment. There are multiple cable channels and movie directors dedicated solely to Black talent and Black stories.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly part of the problem was showrunners went HAM on diversity whilst hiring sloppy writers. Ofcourse there'll be kickback.

Classic movies like Alien had strong female leads and nobody blinked an eye cuz the writing was on point.
The internet wasn't a thing when Alien came out.
Trust me they would have shyt on that given the opportunity.

They always namedrop Sarah Connor or Ellen Ripley whenever people accuse them of hating strong female characters. "I love Sarah Connor and Ripley" is basically the "I have Black friends" for the anti-SJWs. They can't hate on them because T2 and Aliens were established classics before the modern day culture war but if both of those movies dropped today I have no doubt that they'd bytch and moan about them.

"Ripley is a Mary Sue. How the hell can she survive with no combat training while all the marines died? They totally weakened the male characters around her to force the feminist agenda. Burke is an a$$hole, Hicks is a coward and Gorman is incompetent. Also Vazquez is a bullshyt character. They made her this badass marine. Not realistic. Forced feminist agenda."

"How the hell could Sarah Connor, a 90 pound woman beat up those grown men in the hospital? And how come the T-800 only pushed the female security guard but didn't fukk her up as badly as he did the male guards? I guess he's woke now? Forced feminist agenda."

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically the entire careers of Youtubers like The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic, Geek+Gamers and TheQuartering.

You described the Prey situation perfectly.

Critical Drinker is way more slick than the others. The other three you mentioned are pretty blatant with their agenda and half of their videos are basically bytching about Brie Larson or some other outspoken female actor or trying to rile up their racist fanbase. Critical Drinker though will mix in some legit points about bad writing while sprinkling in some alt right dog whistling. I'm pretty active in the screenwriting community and I know a lot of relatively liberal writers who were fans of the Critical Drinker at first before slowly realizing what his agenda was. But he's basically the gateway drug for the alt right pipeline. He almost slipped up when he went hard against Prey but he was smart enough to soften his stance on the film when he saw the reaction it was getting. Was hilarious to observe in real time. He went from "this movie is feminist trash" to "people are overhyping this movie" to "alright, the movie is surprisingly decent but definitely not a masterpiece" lol.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Critical Drinker is way more slick than the others. The other three you mentioned are pretty blatant with their agenda and half of their videos are basically bytching about Brie Larson or some other outspoken female actor or trying to rile up their racist fanbase. Critical Drinker though will mix in some legit points about bad writing while sprinkling in some alt right dog whistling. I'm pretty active in the screenwriting community and I know a lot of relatively liberal writers who were fans of the Critical Drinker at first before slowly realizing what his agenda was. But he's basically the gateway drug for the alt right pipeline. He almost slipped up when he went hard against Prey but he was smart enough to soften his stance on the film when he saw the reaction it was getting. Was hilarious to observe in real time. He went from "this movie is feminist trash" to "people are overhyping this movie" to "alright, the movie is surprisingly decent but definitely not a masterpiece" lol.
Out of all of them I have seen Critical Drinker the least. But interesting info.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of all of them I have seen Critical Drinker the least. But interesting info.

Yeah a few writers I knew recommended his channel. I checked out one of his videos and he seemed okay though to me he came off like a poor man’s Mr Plinkett from Red Letter Media. But then I noticed YouTube started recommending me all these alt right YouTube channels. I peeped a few more Critical Drinker vids before I quickly realized what he was really about.

Now I just stick with Double Toasted as far as YouTube critics

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
What's bad and what's good is subjective tho. I agree Soul was great compared to Lightyear or Luca but that's just an opinion.
You do know Antman franchise start before Black Panther did. So there's a reason it is ahead as far as sequels.
Support something less than mainstream if you want to see Black people in your entertainment. There are multiple cable channels and movie directors dedicated solely to Black talent and Black stories.

Them white women and gay movies flop and then they use that data as reason why they don't produce black movies because they put everybody under this "minority/diversity" umbrella....that means even less reprensentation for black folk....we get a cool black indie flick every 2 year average, but people want the spectacle and have great cinema experience.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Them white women and gay movies flop and then they use that data as reason why they don't produce black movies because they put everybody under this "minority/diversity" umbrella....that means even less reprensentation for black folk....we get a cool black indie flick every 2 year average, but people want the spectacle and have great cinema experience.
What did you think of Nope?
Are you interested in Honk For Jesus?

That's 2 big budget Black movies out at the same time.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn't even like Captain Marvel that much and Brie Larson got Becky energy but the level of juelzing about that movies success was a sight to behold :russ:
It was, they didn't have their playbook as in tact as they do now. When something they rail against has success they now just move on to a new complaint and don't acknowledge they were wrong. lol

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I'm still :why: at how Captain Marvel made over a billion. Such a stale movie.

They couldn't get anyone with more charisma than Brie? Even her Nissan commercials are stale and it's about a fukking car.

Ms. Marvel actress' charisma >>>> Brie.

I hope The Marvels focuses more on Khamala and Monica.