So when do you think this Anti-Woke/Culture War BS will end? if at all?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't think it could get worse, but She-Hulk and RoP really have the chuds ascending to their next level out here :snoop: Will this shyt ever hit it's peak? or will media discourse continue to stay like this for the foreseeable future? Will Studios possibly concede and pull back on representation? I can't even get that offended by it anymore, it's just become exhausting at this point.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
It's all tied into politics now, so never. Republicans are going to keep using it to push people into the right wing pipeline, so even if people naturally start to get over it, they'll just astroturf a new campaign to start it up again. There's no shortage of disillusioned, gullible men to be swayed by this kind of horse shyt.

Daps
She hulk is twerking with meg tha horselady on my teevee

DimpledLongChimneyswift-size_restricted.gif

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's really insane how easily the alt-right snuck into fanboy culture and created a pipeline for impressionable white nerds to fall through.

The anti-SJW crowd used to be way more covert with their racism/misogyny. Like they'd find a show with some social commentary in it or something featuring a diverse cast or a female lead and then nitpick the hell out of the plot, claiming they were just being objective even if they were nitpicking things that they chose to ignore in movies/shows with mostly white men. Or they would rant about movies with social messages being too "preachy" if that message happened to be left wing.

The movement was brewing before The Last Jedi but that movie really opened the floodgates. That movie was hated by people of all backgrounds and ideologies but the anti-SJWs strengthened the narrative that the main reason why that movie was bad was because it was pushing a feminist/left wing agenda rather than its plot or writing. People who hated the movie started following the anti-SJW YouTube critics and then started to fall down the alt right/incel rabbit hole. It also didn't help that media outlets lumped in EVERYONE who hated TLJ with the racists and the sexists. So you had people with legit complaints about the movie feel like they were being falsely accused of racism and sexism which ironically made them start to follow actual racist and sexist YouTube channels.

But now I think the anti-SJWs are starting to show their hand a bit more. Calling any movie/tv show with a diverse case or female lead "woke" or "political" even when the show has nothing to do with politics. Like I remember when a promo image of DeWanda Wise's character in Jurassic World: Dominion dropped and some white dude on Twitter complained that the movie was "woke" merely because it had a Black female character.

The anti-SJWs fukked up when they started going after "Prey" though. Like their response to the movie having a female lead was so over the top that even the neutral fanboys were like "wtf is wrong with ya'll?" And then when the movie got such an enthusiastic response from people they had to fall back a bit.

But now they're doubling down on She-Hulk and Rings of Power since the reviews for both have been more mixed than Prey's so they can hide behind their "we're just being objective critics and we're totally not sexist or racist when we hate on these shows" shield. I think more and more people are starting to recognize the right wing grifters posing as movie critics though. Now most of those channels are just echo chambers for racist incels. I don't see them every going completely away though, just hopefully losing some of their influence on impressionable people.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
It's really insane how easily the alt-right snuck into fanboy culture and created a pipeline for impressionable white nerds to fall through.

The anti-SJW crowd used to be way more covert with their racism/misogyny. Like they'd find a show with some social commentary in it or something featuring a diverse cast or a female lead and then nitpick the hell out of the plot, claiming they were just being objective even if they were nitpicking things that they chose to ignore in movies/shows with mostly white men. Or they would rant about movies with social messages being too "preachy" if that message happened to be left wing.

The movement was brewing before The Last Jedi but that movie really opened the floodgates. That movie was hated by people of all backgrounds and ideologies but the anti-SJWs strengthened the narrative that the main reason why that movie was bad was because it was pushing a feminist/left wing agenda rather than its plot or writing. People who hated the movie started following the anti-SJW YouTube critics and then started to fall down the alt right/incel rabbit hole. It also didn't help that media outlets lumped in EVERYONE who hated TLJ with the racists and the sexists. So you had people with legit complaints about the movie feel like they were being falsely accused of racism and sexism which ironically made them start to follow actual racist and sexist YouTube channels.

But now I think the anti-SJWs are starting to show their hand a bit more. Calling any movie/tv show with a diverse case or female lead "woke" or "political" even when the show has nothing to do with politics. Like I remember when a promo image of DeWanda Wise's character in Jurassic World: Dominion dropped and some white dude on Twitter complained that the movie was "woke" merely because it had a Black female character.

The anti-SJWs fukked up when they started going after "Prey" though. Like their response to the movie having a female lead was so over the top that even the neutral fanboys were like "wtf is wrong with ya'll?" And then when the movie got such an enthusiastic response from people they had to fall back a bit.

But now they're doubling down on She-Hulk and Rings of Power since the reviews for both have been more mixed than Prey's so they can hide behind their "we're just being objective critics and we're totally not sexist or racist when we hate on these shows" shield. I think more and more people are starting to recognize the right wing grifters posing as movie critics though. Now most of those channels are just echo chambers for racist incels. I don't see them every going completely away though, just hopefully losing some of their influence on impressionable people.
There was an actual targeted effort by Steve Bannon/the alt right to harness the internet incel/troll culture into a right wing breeding ground. "Gamergate" was the trial run, and they've been running with the tactic ever since.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

So basically the entire careers of Youtubers like The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic, Geek+Gamers and TheQuartering.

You described the Prey situation perfectly.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Some people have made a legit money pool out of it so it won’t go away 100%.
But the only true way for it to disappear/be minimized is just with good writing and story telling.

I think looking at the shows they avoid shytting on will tell you that much. The Mandolorian, The Boys, Arcane, House of the Dragon, Better call Saul etc. are shows they tend to avoid and all have female and diverse casts. Those youtube guys were shytting on the Sea Snake being black in HotD but now seem pretty mute on it.

Usually shows that heavily advertise on diversity or has a female lead with a lot of hype they prey on. If it happens to underdeliver it will get absorbed into their anti-woke culture war.

This happens in the opposite way as well with people giving praise or refusing to criticize certain shows in order to not be lumped in with “racists/incels” or a toxic fandom.

The true losers in this are the actual fans who care about a show as they will be lumped into a side even, if their opinion or criticism is legitimate, and ignored.

She-Hulk has both side screaming at each other rn

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So basically the entire careers of Youtubers like The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic, Geek+Gamers and TheQuartering.

You described the Prey situation perfectly.
Yeah, this is them and they wound up in my feed I guess because I like comic book movie news, Honest trailers and Movie pitch is my guess. But after hearing them for a video or 2 I avoid them and they are in my feed alot less or not at all.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Honestly part of the problem was showrunners went HAM on diversity whilst hiring sloppy writers. Ofcourse there'll be kickback.

Classic movies like Alien had strong female leads and nobody blinked an eye cuz the writing was on point.
The internet wasn't a thing when Alien came out.
Trust me they would have shyt on that given the opportunity.