So we running with the “DaveChapelle is for white ppl” narrative now?

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I said that Donnell Rawlings and Charlie Murphy gave Dave the street cred to really be embraced by black audiences. Not saying he didn’t have a black fan base before but it paled (no pun intended) in comparison to his white audience.

As for the whole Joe Rogan/Alt right embracing him… well, maybe that’s who Dave has always been. I’m not surprised that’s the company he keeps. :ld:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Dave isnt FOR white people. He used to do a lot of that wacky comedy that resonates with whites along with blacks, and then his TV show brought all of them whites over. Now that he is doing more traditional black comedy, which is basically fukk your rules im shytting on everybody, white people are aghast. They thought Dave was the safe comedian they could enjoy along with black folks, not knowing he was about to unleash the fury. Once i saw Dave was rocking with Paul Mooney heavy, i knew it was a wrap for white folks sooner or later.

Im laughing reading whites saying "Dave used to be so fun and carefree, why is he so angry and bitter now". Guess what crackers, thats what being a black man in America does to you.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
So any popular black comedian is for white people. Noted. :mjpls:

So white comedians can step out and become famous and not lose their sense of identity. But the minute a black comedian becomes malleable, he’s not longer a comedian who can speak for black ppl? Hmm.
He shouldn’t be speaking for anyone besides himself. What the hell do y’all be on about?

He (was) dope but come on now. Haven’t checked his new stuff.

Anyway OP is making shyt up for a plat.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
You don't bring a show to Comedy Central and not expect cacs to be a major part of your audience. Yall can like him but be real. :francis:

Back in the day (90s) he was kinda looked at as a safe, black comedian for white folks because he would always be the one nikka on those Comedy Central shows.

He wasn’t one of the BET Comicview type comedians.

Then he started getting movies like Half Baked, and finally the show.

He was able to toe that line so closely with the race jokes on the show because he’s always had the backing of the white comic community.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
hate to admit it but it’s true. Black people were more into the Cedric the entertainers, Bernie Macs, DL Hughley, etc. Whites definitely put Dave on. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.
Being into The Kings Of Comedy and being into Chappelle were never adversarial. It’s only now due to recent conflicts, are ppl running with this narrative.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Faizon Love is right…originally Chappelle’s comedy leaned that way. Hasn’t been that way since Killin’ Them Softly though IMO. That was 2000/2001.