So we running with the “DaveChapelle is for white ppl” narrative now?

Karume

All Star
Daps
There appears to be a lot of prejudiced black people here .....

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
hate to admit it but it’s true. Black people were more into the Cedric the entertainers, Bernie Macs, DL Hughley, etc. Whites definitely put Dave on. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.
Def Comedy Jam, Nutty Professor, just because his comedy blew up in white spaces, doesn’t mean black ppl didn’t fukk with him. Ppl are taking his meteoric rise to fame outside of black spaces, and using it against him, because white ppl are riding with him in the Netflix scandal. Just read through this thread, and you can already tell what they’re upset about when they say Dave’s comedy is safer for white spaces. :mjlol:

He came up under Mooney, and Pryor. All comics who’s comedy gave them rooms in white areas and before white crowds. :hubie:

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
He leaned too hard into that “anti cancel culture” bs and now has the support of Fox News pundits and right wing talking heads.

If I went on TV and preached the importance of two parent homes I bet a lot of right wing people would also agree with me, does that mean my point is wrong?

Cancel culture is a load of bullshyt that doesn't help black people (especially straight men) in any shape or form. It just so happens that right wing cacs also hate it. Stop being so binary and mindfukked.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
That seems to be the new narrative being spun. I mean, I’ve heard ppl say it before all of this, but it was alway considered a very unpopular narrative that was often shutdown and ridiculed. I wonder what changed? :jbhmm:
Dave said himself his problem is with white people :mjlol:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see it.. That comedy shyt wack to me..

No different from gangsta rap.

Perpetuating negative stereotypes of black people in front of a white audience. Never resonated well with me once my consciousness grew

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People on this site and the overall internet are dumb as shyt.

Not even knowing the history of someone like Richard Pryor who started doing comedy in New York on stage at white comedy clubs with folks like woody Allen.

Then moved onto Berkley California and started to incorporate profanity in his comedy doing comedy in white comedy clubs and eventually became a mega star.

Richard Pryor also had a diverse group of friends when it came to race and ethicity.

So was richard not for black audiences? Or are we only claiming Richard for black audiences cause he grew up in poverty and his mother was a prostitute.

So are we claiming blackness on how poor you are or how you didn't grow up in a two parent home? As though racism, crime and violence middle class black people don't know anything about.

Some of yall really sound ignorant.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Def Comedy Jam, Nutty Professor, just because his comedy blew up in white spaces, doesn’t mean black ppl didn’t fukk with him. Ppl are taking his meteoric rise to fame outside of black spaces, and using it against him, because white ppl are riding with him in the Netflix scandal. Just read through this thread, and you can already tell what they’re upset about when they say Dave’s comedy is safer for white spaces. :mjlol:

He came up under Mooney, and Pryor. All comics who’s comedy gave them rooms in white areas and before white crowds. :hubie:

Thank you these folks know nothing about the history of comedy. If you ever want to a comedy show with money you would know that 50% or more of his audience was white. And he would spend the entire show doing out white folks.

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
Dave said himself his problem is with white people :mjlol:

These puppets didn't watch the special.

Either that or they don't have the basic thinking skills to comprehend what they heard.

It's so dangerous releasing ANYTHING that requires any form of critical thinking to process in this day and age.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I couldn't look at Dave Chapelle the same after Jay Mohr pointed out that his white voice was just his regular voice.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
You don't bring a show to Comedy Central and not expect cacs to be a major part of your audience. Yall can like him but be real. :francis:

Truth be told, Comedy Central has been known as a network targeting 18-49 white males throughout its history.

And no, its not like Chappelle chose BET or TV One over them for his show (or the other way around...).

Also, his main creative partner for the Chappelle Show on Comedy Central was Neal Brennan.

dave-chappelle-1606307261.jpg

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
He's a relatively white friendly comedian ill say that much