So, this woman just told me that her parents love each other more than her and her siblings.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So for ya'll saying she's wrong... are ya'll married? :patrice:

If so, are ya'll fine with your parents putting themselves over your spouse? :patrice:

Afterall, if they dont deem their own marriage to be a priority over their relationship with you, they damn sure wont respect your marriage on that level. And trust me, that's when you'll realize that for anything to make sense, spouse must be first. :ufdup:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This reminds me of all the older women who destroy their children's marriages cause they can't leave them alone.

Mothers and fathers.

And judging by the responses in this thread, alotta these brehs and brehettes would gladly let it happen on some "I know you my wife but that's my momma :yeshrug:" type shyt.

This is how you get toxic relationship with in-laws. Cuz people doing marital vows before God and man not knowing what the fukk they even saying. You become one with your wife. Your wife/husband is you and you are him/her.

That trumps EVERYTHING but God.

People really dont understand marriage even at the a conceptual level. No wonder GMB thriving and surviving

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
This is genuinely disturbing to me.

I cannot fathom how anyone can put someone or something before their children.
He/she is a mini you, they’re your legacy, and you’ve seen them at their purest form.
A healthy parent/child relationship is the closest human beings will ever get to unconditional love, we will fall out of love with a spouse way, way sooner than we’ll stop loving our children.
I can promise that shyt.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There is no right or wrong answer to this. Just because you love your wife or husband more doesn’t mean you don’t love your children. It vice versus as well.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
My opinion doesn't really mean shyt because I'm single and childless, but I'd pick neither. I don't play favorites, but It'd be hard to put someone over a child that looks, acts, and talks exactly like me. Partners come and go, but you might not even want another child if one leaves your life. You can't say the same about a spouse.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Hopefully you spend the rest of your life with your mate, your kids are there for a time and then they go off and live their own life and start their own family.

If you put your wife second during the 18 or so years your kids are under your roof you’re going to have a terrible marriage/partnership, especially after the kids are gone and the wife/husband has completely disconnected from you as a mate due to being treated as unimportant.

All the “legacy” talk doesn’t matter, most of your kids are going to go in a different direction than you in life, you’ll be remembered but that’s about it until their line runs out and then poof you’re nothing unless you did something historical with your life. Have kids because that’s what you want not because you hope you’ll be remembered or have a “legacy”, love them, but remember that’s not your partner for life.

Whole post is Church, just wanna add one thing about the red part.

That’s why a lot of marriages don’t last like they used to...broads marrying dudes they
don’t necessarily want just to get their babies/family/picket fence life jumped off, then treat
their husbands like a roommate. Fast Forward some years, and they wonder why there isn’t
any “excitement” in their marriage.

The Strip Club is filled with dudes trickin’ off dubs to dancers who don’t even dance for them...
husbands paying them girls just to listen and hug them because their wives don’t touch them anymore.

Oh well.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
They won’t. I grew up in a broken home my pops was killed when I was about 3. At an early age I had mom, aunties, cousins, grandma, and lil sis looking at me like I’m their leader. When I got married they looked at my wife as if she was taking me away from them. Right now I’m trying to get it through to them that they are not my responsibility my wife is. It doesn’t mean I don’t love them, I’m just tired of these dysfunctional family units. Our family structure has been broken since the plantation and we’re still feeling the effects of it. I refuse to repeat that cycle. I’m restoring the order.

this shyt right he spoke to me, and it’s very true :salute:

And yeah, your children shouldn’t be equal to your spouse, they don’t hold the same position :childplease:

a child’s place is to extend a legacy and the family name, and we as the parents are there to guide them and teach them as best we can.

Children aren’t replacements for broken love or for a future that you never had.

why this shyt getting twisted to who I’m gone save first, or who I love more first is fukking ridiculous :snoop:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Choosing your spouse over your kids is some simpish and weirdo behavior. Plain and simple. What have kids in the first place? This is supposed to be the anti abortion website that goes in on women getting abortions. Weirdo stuff. Just give those kids up for adoption.

:manny:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Our community is so screwed :mjlol:

Kids first. Not only are they your legacy but if you have a bond with them, they usually won’t permanently abandon you because you gained a few pounds, lost your job or because they’re “bored” and want to find themselves
Spouse will fall out of love with you quick. If you raise your kids right, they’ll usually grow out of that troubled phase and will be grateful towards you when they have kids of their own. They’ll let you stay at the crib rent free in your older age and pay you back what you instilled in them. Once you divorce a spouse tho, it’s just about over between the two parties. You gotta choose the kids, or else what’s the point of having them? I respect the couples who know they don’t want kids, and do everything in their power to not have them. As opposed to having kids and then bytching about a responsibility they chose to take on. Is it that hard not to get your spouse pregnant? :jbhmm: