So this was the worst Hollywood Summer since 1992

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Write up from deadline sums it up perfectly for me

Is Moviegoing Dead? Lessons Learned From The Worst Summer At The B.O. In Over A Decade

TL:DR of it is, the summer box office suffered because outside of a few movies people weren't interested. The idea that people don't want to go to the movies anymore is asinine when you consider how much money was made January-may and the overall box office was up from last year to that point.

Audiences are becoming smarter with their money and about movies in general so you gotta know when to move forward or when to take chance or when to fold your tent up
Yeah, Deadline shut down all that "the business is suffering" talk real fast. This summer just suffered because Hollywood dropped a lot of wack shyt. Simple as that. If anything the successes of Get Out and Baby Driver showed that investing in an entertaining niche audience pleaser does wonders in the midst of seemingly endless overblown pompous blockbusters.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Back on topic. I only seen Wonder Woman this summer:ld:..............yeah Hollywood needs to switch up from this Superhero bullshyt.
giphy.webp

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yo @FlyRy @MartyMcFly you guys see the box office for the weekend most insane thing I've seen :dwillhuh:

Annabelle creation only dropped 5%!!!!5!!

And the even crazier part? 5% was the biggest drop of the weekend in the top 10 :mindblown:

Never seen a weekend like that before.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yo @FlyRy @MartyMcFly you guys see the box office for the weekend most insane thing I've seen :dwillhuh:

Annabelle creation only dropped 5%!!!!5!!

And the even crazier part? 5% was the biggest drop of the weekend in the top 10 :mindblown:

Never seen a weekend like that before.
There was also no new release for the first time in 25 years since they knew we'd all be watching Narcos

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of trash dropped this summer while all the piff for next year is being cooked up. Im sure the shytty weather this weekend in NY helped movie and retail sales because i was in the palisades mall earlier in Nyack and the shyt was ridiculously packed with every demographic when usually u have everybody at the beach for the last weekend of summer.

Im still waiting for my damn movie pass card to
Come in too so i can rape these theaters

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been to the movies like talking about this Summer. Each week there is a movie I want to go see but my free time has been very limited and what time I do get I have been using it to knock out my video game backlog.