So this was the worst Hollywood Summer since 1992

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Nah batman returns underperformed that year. It may have had a bigger impact on those of us at the right age then but overall? Wonder Woman got it beat
WW even made more money adjusted for inflation. Plus the backlash of returns gave us schumacher :(

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Technically then, Batman Returns had a lot more impact
Negative maybe.

It's still too early to see what comes of Wonder Woman's impact, but in the moment sure felt huge.Plus the movie has had ridiculous legs ( no mendelson

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Negative maybe.

It's still too early to see what comes of Wonder Woman's impact, but in the moment sure felt huge.Plus the movie has had ridiculous legs ( no mendelson

Not even negative. I'm saying that look at what happened because of it. Schumacher and a specific tone of comic book flicks. But then it boomeranged the other way and it gave us what we have now. Batman, Batman Returns, were just trying to figure the shyt out and see how far you can go. Same with batman and robin. Long term though it was good for the game

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not even negative. I'm saying that look at what happened because of it. Schumacher and a specific tone of comic book flicks. But then it boomeranged the other way and it gave us what we have now. Batman, Batman Returns, were just trying to figure the shyt out and see how far you can go. Same with batman and robin. Long term though it was good for the game
You're confusing me breh, first you agreed and also said WW beat returns impact wise, are you changing your mind now?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're confusing me breh, first you agreed and also said WW beat returns impact wise, are you changing your mind now?

Yeah. I thought about it when you said "schumacher" and it reminded me of this thing I've been talking all summer of how batman and Robin is one of the most important comic book movies ever because of what came after it and what it wrought

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Nah batman returns underperformed that year. It may have had a bigger impact on those of us at the right age then but overall? Wonder Woman got it beat

It was number 1 for that whole year. Nothing beat it. In a time with; A few Good Men, Basic Instinct, Gladiator, and Malcom X....it reigned supreme...WW isn't even close to that.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It was number 1 for that whole year. Nothing beat it. In a time with; A few Good Men, Basic Instinct, Gladiator, and Malcom X....it reigned supreme...WW isn't even close to that.
Breh it didnt even make more than Aladdin that year. Home alone 2 made more too.

If you wanna talk #s Wonder Woman still made more adjusted for inflation.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
There's no "Must See" movies anymore. Even comic book movies aren't demanding an audience like they used to.

I used to be a day 1 viewer when it came to any comic book movies up until Age of Ultron. Now I still haven't seen Wonder Woman and I just recently saw GotG2 on blu ray.
Comic book movies aren't demanding like they used even tho 3 of the 4 biggest movies this year are comic book movies :deadmanny:

The real problem is releasing trash sequels/remakes no one asked for:

Pirates 5, Transformers 5, Cars 3, Mummy remake, Baywatch remake, another King Arthur, another Alien and Rough Night a movie about chicks killing a stripper

Next summer is gonna be crazy doe. Avengers, Star Wars, Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World 2 :damn:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Timeout lol. Homie it was number 6. Aladdin, home alone 2, the bodyguard and even basic instinct made more than it. Wonder Woman could very well finish with the number two spot at the box office when the year is over. And even when adjusted for inflation it still made more than returns

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This summer I've seen
Fast 8 (came out in April but is included in the "summer season")
Wonder Woman
Planet of the Apes
Spiderman
Detroit

I wanted to see Dunkirk and Baby Driver but likely won't catch it.

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
Comic book movies aren't demanding like they used even tho 3 of the 4 biggest movies this year are comic book movies :deadmanny:

The real problem is releasing trash sequels/remakes no one asked for:

Pirates 5, Transformers 5, Cars 3, Mummy remake, Baywatch remake, another King Arthur, another Alien and Rough Night a movie about chicks killing a stripper

Next summer is gonna be crazy doe. Avengers, Star Wars, Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2 and Jurassic World 2 :damn:
Star Wars is December

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I have a free movie ticket and 35 dollars left or regal gift cards I've been sitting on waiting for a worth while movie experience. Haven't watched a movie since Apes.