So "The Shining" was Kubrick's confession to faking the apollo moon landing?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm not saying that there isn't deeper meanings in Kubrick's work. Of course there is.

What I have a problem with is this pathetic conspiracy theory garbage. It's the same losers who try to find Illuminati imagery in Rihanna videos and think Paul McCartney died in the mid 60s.

You're not a deep thinker because you buy into this lame tinfoil hat shyt.

I'm all for indepth analysis of films. Looking at the imagery and metaphors used. But no, I'm not gonna except some half baked bullshyt about Kubrick putting hidden messages in his films about shooting a fake moon landing. But keep believing, breh breh. Whatever makes your life more exciting :manny:

This guy does brilliant film analyses.

Rob Ager's film analysis page

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUavRrCMUZ0[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
:ooh:

My mind officially was blown by watching this. To those saying why would they choose Kubrick etc etc, my theory is that he was chosen because at the time he was known as the only guy that actually make the thing look legit. And he hadn't yet gained his rep for being uncontrollable and eccentric. He was seemingly normal until the moon landing as stated in the doc.

:ohhh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think the most interesting scene is definitely when Danny goes to room 237. He's playing on that weird patterned rug with trucks, wearing an apollo 11 shirt. He stands up, and walks toward room 237, then he goes to his mom with marks on his neck and his sweater torn, but he refused to tell his mom what happened. Kubrick was always trying to say something with his movies.. I just can't see how this is all coincidence.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Mars photos look like a random desert
On earth.

Man landed on the moon in the 1960s but never went back after 1972 yeah right

I don't believe it, with the technology advances and hi def cameras that we could literally see every second, why haven't they attempted it again?

Neil Armstrong buzz aldrin and those ten other dudes are liars

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

thevarangian

complete mark
Daps

I posted this a few pages back. It's definitely a must watch. Some of the things said about the nature of the hedge maze are really mindblowing.

Like, how the reason Jack died in the maze is because his only exposure to it was the miniature in the hotel which is completely incorrect whereas Danny had been inside the maze already and knew the layout.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

Conz

Superstar
Daps
came home a little buzzed and watched this... damn.

i like conspiracy shyt, but i go in with the mindset that they are just stories. like im actually watching a movie, but i wont lie... just once, once in my life i want some huge conspiracy to get exposed. something insane that changes life as we know it... so long as it doesn't ruin society.

like tomorrow, we find out with definitive truth that it wasn't Oswald who shot Kennedy and we get all the real details. i need this shyt in my life, just once.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I posted this a few pages back. It's definitely a must watch. Some of the things said about the nature of the hedge maze are really mindblowing.

Like, how the reason Jack died in the maze is because his only exposure to it was the miniature in the hotel which is completely incorrect whereas Danny had been inside the maze already and knew the layout.

Have you seen the guy's DVDs? I really want to get them, but it's a pain in the ass to order them. He had a 9 part analysis of Full Metal Jacket that blew my fukking mind away but it's been removed or he took it down.

I think he's done all of Kubrick's films too. I've seen them all except 2001. i know, I need to watch it. For some reason it never interested me.

Have you read about Kubrick and bathrooms?

6 Artists Whose Weird Fetishes Defined Pop Culture | Cracked.com