So... that Beyonce country album & singles, came & went huh?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You mother fukking dumbass the dude said modern country fans listen to pop disguised as “country music” and you couldn’t read between the lines that he is talking about real ass blues inspired acoustic country? Do you have a learning disability?
You must be that posters alt account with the fury you're coming in to defend him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I am saying that Country music fans don't know what real Country music is, because if they did then they woul realize that this shyt that they are now calling Country music is nothing more than that horrible 80s and 90s soft rock.

Modern country music is basically stuck in this post-911 downtempo pop rock twang of being proud Americans who salute the flag and respect law enforcement. Country music in the 60s-80s was basically a bunch of up-tempo songs like "I shot a crooked cop and I'm on the run with my boss' wife" lmao. And you don't hear the roots of the music anymore. There was some black influence, since black slaves and indentured white servants sang together during slavery (gospel and blues mixing with European ballads to create Appalachian music, later being called country music).

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
I wonder what happened to all those posters and people on social media saying take back the country genre. Are they still rocking with it like that or did they go back to not caring about it like they did before Beyonce did it?

Her album still in the top 35 for most consumed albums in the U.S. according to Billboard

And after appearing on the album black country artist Shaboozey was able to secure his highest charting single thats currently in the top 10 Billboard Hot 100 and his album did good numbers

:yeshrug:

Not a resurgence or take over ...but not too bad

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Her album still in the top 35 for most consumed albums in the U.S. according to Billboard

And after appearing on the album black country artist Shaboozey was able to secure his highest charting single thats currently in the top 10 Billboard Hot 100 and his album did good numbers

:yeshrug:

Not a resurgence or take over ...but not too bad
For an artist like Beyonce with a fanbase as strong as she has, those numbers should be better considering other albums that are older than hears are still charting higher even later.

As I mentioned before, the black country women artist could use the support more than the men as they're getting even less radio play.

People went hard in defending Beyonce when she did country music, but wouldn't do the same for someone like Mickey Guyton whose actually in the genre and dealing with those issues every single day and time she releases a single.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Right

It was a risky move

Yet it debut with 400k+ sold its first week. Stayed atop the billboard 200 for 2 weeks, within the top 10, 20 until last week

Album is platinum

Not bad imho

But she didn't promote her last album either Renaissance .... No videos, no tv appearances...just a couple of ig post
Then IDK what to say then......but she charted the charts and her album had a very good successful launch....microwave age:yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She didn't do herself any favors by not going all in on country like Post Malone did and gave the optics that it was a stopgap in her career.

The albums in the Album of the Year category were much better than hers and it's not even close.