So... that Beyonce country album & singles, came & went huh?

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
I think it’s overly long, kinda messy, and has quite a few duds.

Also the whole point of the song “Jolene” is Dolly’s vulnerability and self-doubt and fear. It's an honest song that few would write about. She tried to make it a feminism anthem. Why not just write one yourself? To change “begging you” to “warning you” ruins the spirit.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
jfycOL3.png

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Country music fans are listening to Blues and Pop music disguised as Country music. So they are not exactly the most musically sophisticated discerning fan base out there.
A lot of the older country music does have blues elements to it. You do know that right?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
it’s different these days. I got co workers who played the whole ALBUM for days upon days! Noe one of them that I work with will play songs here she there. I don’t think “singles” matter anymore.. she’s sitting on a song that would’ve been a massive hit by itself imo.

She got a couple on there imo. I liked that album waaaaaay more than the last one. I was surprised lol. Beyonce will be ok at the end of the day :yeshrug:

That song with her and Miley Cyrus :ohlawd: never thought I’d say that lol

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of the older country music does have blues elements to it. You do know that right?
I know more than that. Like I know the Banjo is from Africa. I know about Blues man Leslie Riddle catching Blues songs for AP Carter which were remade into "Country" songs. I know about Riddle also teaching Maybelle Carter the slide guitar. I know about Rufus "Tee Tot" Payne teaching Hank Williams the Blues. I know about a former slave named Arnold Schultz teaching Bluegrass music to Bill Monroe. I know that the Grand ole Opry earliest star was a Blues man named DeFord Bailey. Finally I know that Ray Charles had one of the highest selling Country albums of all time.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Country music fans are listening to Blues and Pop music disguised as Country music. So they are not exactly the most musically sophisticated discerning fan base out there.
I would throw in hip-hop/rap and modern R&B elements as well have been in a lot the country music that get play on the radio as well :jbhmm:

DJK

All Star
Daps
I think it’s overly long, kinda messy, and has quite a few duds.

Also the whole point of the song “Jolene” is Dolly’s vulnerability and self-doubt and fear. It's an honest song that few would write about. She tried to make it a feminism anthem. Why not just write one yourself? To change “begging you” to “warning you” ruins the spirit.
Exactly. Beyonce is the Jolene that Dolly Parton was afraid of. Total miss