So... that Beyonce country album & singles, came & went huh?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I know more than that. Like I know the Banjo is from Africa. I know about Blues man Leslie Riddle catching Blues songs for AP Carter which were remade into "Country" songs. I know about Riddle also teaching Maybelle Carter the slide guitar. I know about Rufus "Tee Tot" Payne teaching Hank Williams the Blues. I know about a former slave named Arnold Schultz teaching Bluegrass music to Bill Monroe. I know that the Grand ole Opry earliest star was a Blues man named DeFord Bailey. Finally I know that Ray Charles had one of the highest selling Country albums of all time.
Congratulations. Make sure next time to not mention it in your original comment since you're knowledgable about ita past history.

It’s a reason why someone like Chris Stapleton is held in high regard and it’s because of the blues elements he incorporates into his version of country music.

Last edited:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Eras are ephemeral in the age of streaming. Prior to that, an artist could drop an album and eat off it for 2-4 years.

Now we’re lucky if it’s a year.
You gotta constantly create content. Everything is about right now..
Microwave era and not the smoke bbq era

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to the streaming/social media era of music.

The days of an artist dropping an album and it naturally growing organically is over. If it’s not being pushed by social media the buzz is going to die down fast.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
SZA's SOS is still a chart topper damn near 2 years later. Rihanna still dominates Spotify despite her last album being 7 years ago.

Reality is Beyonce's music doesn't have lasting power. :manny:
She’s been making music for damn near 30 years. To still be charting at all, especially in new genre where most of its fan base doesn’t fukk with her, is impressive.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It made a huge impact and now it's on to the next project. If she announces that she's performing one of the songs at an award show the nasses will tune in.

Timbs

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I want to say she should've shot videos but it's really her not giving her audience what they want post-Lemonade. The dance album was cool but a country album nobody wanted so soon after a 6 year hiatus (Not counting that Lion King soundtrack) was a bad idea. Especially when it's so transparent you want the Album of the year Grammy like Hillary in 2016