So tablets really made toys obsolete for these lil' kids huh?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My daughter will be 2 in March, and my wife and I have made a concerted effort to not turn her into a touchscreen zombie.

We don't let her play with our phones or tablets. She has toys, Legos, a slide, dry erase magnet board, cars, and all kinds of shyt that she entertains herself with. Y'all need to monitor this shyt brehs, cause what's happening is a generation of kids that essentially won't know how to communicate with people in person...hell, it's already happened.

My sister in law just told me over Christmas that she needs a tablet (because my daughter was playing around with her phone at the time), and I was like, "nah, she's good... Actually the only time she plays with a phone or a tablet is when she's with y'all"

I see how all her cousins are now, with the videogames and the cellphones :smh:

shyt's crazy for real

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh

Video games did the same to us... How many kept on playing with toys after they got thier first gaming system?
No they didn't. Especially in the 90s, early 00s

Online gaming wasn't integrated and a norm like it is now. I remember having sleep overs and gaming with kids in the neighborhood. Or going to the arcade to... Now multiplayer games do not even support split screen.

It's not the same at all. Even when I was on SNES and PlayStation, I still was going outside and fukking myself up at the park with the homies

:mjcry:

ULCYril

Pro
Daps
How shyt has changed I had to go to the nans for Chrissy this year and on the way there I didnโ€™t see one kid not one outside playing toys,riding bikes playing ball etc was really disappointing to see they donโ€™t realise it but there missing out

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
my nephew is around 5 and still plays with real toys, but maybe 75 - 85% of the time he's on his tablet my sis gave him for xmas a few years ago.

He's mostly watching YT on it...some of the shyt he be watching is :what:, like this passes for kid entertainment?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I guess I'm the only one that wants their child to be a touchscreen zombie, just like me. Instead of playing games I was watching a video about binary stars then another video about various centipedes and what to do if bitten...

I think some of you are stuck in your ways not knowing times have changed and instead of going to a library you can put 1,000 ebooks and have a library in your pocket.

Your job as a parent isn't to bar them from this powerful tool but how to harness its power.

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
I just got Nerfs for my 3yr old son he plays wit toys all day..his whole room is filled wit toys he got a iPad at 2 and I think he lost tha shyt cuz he's always tryna watch YouTube on the phone and TV(he knows how to work both) if u let em watch YouTube all day he will so we limit it to a hr and the rest of the day he's playin

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I guess I'm the only one that wants their child to be a touchscreen zombie, just like me. Instead of playing games I was watching a video about binary stars then another video about various centipedes and what to do if bitten...

I think some of you are stuck in your ways not knowing times have changed and instead of going to a library you can put 1,000 ebooks and have a library in your pocket.

Your job as a parent isn't to bar them from this powerful tool but how to harness its power.

I don't know about wanting to turn our daughter into a screen zombie, but she grew up playing with an ipad and she's turning out fine years later. She still puts lots of time aside to draw and do other arts and crafts. The key is to not depend on the screen to substitute having an in-house babysitter imo.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

For me it has nothing to do with being stuck in my ways.

I just know in the long run, monitoring this will help my child's social interactions as she grows up. Also, there are other ways to encourage critical thinking and problem solving skills in a child than having them playing with a phone.

There are a lot of STEM toys out that forces kids to use there hands and mind to figure shyt out. I just copped one of those Code-A-Pillars which is a good example of what I'm talking about

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
For me it has nothing to do with being stuck in my ways.

I just know in the long run, monitoring this will help my child's social interactions as she grows up. Also, there are other ways to encourage critical thinking and problem solving skills in a child than having them playing with a phone.

There are a lot of STEM toys out that forces kids to use there hands and mind to figure shyt out. I just copped one of those Code-A-Pillars which is a good example of what I'm talking about
Its not playing with a phone. Its the information IN the phone that is more powerful than. anything you can teach.

As for social aspect. I am talking to you from across the world. If you're social, you'll simply have all your friends in one group chat and be even more social because now you can talk to them online after you all go home. And if you're a hermit, never before have we seen the autistic be able to have friends now because they can find a social forum with like minded people as opposed to the last where after school they go home and watch tv.

I suggest you all watch elon musk's interview on joe rogan, you might be able to find just the portion where he talks about us being cyborgs present day due to this tool we have in our pockets. I believe the section is called A.I. put that in the search. He goes into detail how in the future we may actually be connecting the web to our cortex direct and various other tech they are working on. He goes on about how some think this is backwards (remember when the TV first came out parents said the same) but that this will launch the human race's data gathering exponentially. People will have a choice, but those stuck in the old ways might as well be considered bush men.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
My wife and mom got each one of my children a tablet maybe a 2 or 3yrs ago. I can count how many times my 6yr old son actually uses his tablet on my hands :manny: he plays with his toys all day. My youngest daughter as well my oldest daughter is really the only one that plays with her tablets. I donโ€™t get the fascination they sometimes have with watching other kids play with toys on YouTube though :franchis: knowing myself as a kid Iโ€™d get mad at those videos for not playing with the toys right :martin:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think playing with physical toys helps with dexterity and such. not to mention learning how to throw a ball, climb a tree/jungle-gym, etc