So tablets really made toys obsolete for these lil' kids huh?

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Let me rephrase this:

Don't let your kids on the internet. Dont let them hold your phone. Don't get them their own technology. Don't let them watch YouTube. Kids need to develop creativity, independence and social skills. Leave that stuff until they are 9-13. Even then you need to monitor their access and install parenting apps and blockers. At that preteen stage, you need to discuss social media with them -- which in my opinion is worthless but it's a discussion. If at any point they try to get smart and get around these rules, just take the shyt from em.

That's at least what I'm planning, my theory is untested but I see my brother's kid all the time watching endless YouTube videos when she can't even read or write. Just autoplaying videos from random people on the Internet based off colorful thumbnails. At least cartoons try to be educational:snoop:

Last edited:

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I was talking about this with my girl today. On Christmas we used to flood the streets with new bikes, skateboards, footballs, basketballs, playing with whatever toys we got as kids for Christmas. I noticed how dead my neighborhood was, no kids in sight playing. All inside online on phones, tablets or playing video games. Times have changed dramatically.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let me rephrase this:

Don't let your kids on the internet. Dont let them hold your phone. Don't get them their own technology. Don't let them watch YouTube. Kids need to develop creativity, independence and social skills. Leave that stuff until they are 9-13. Even then you need to monitor their access and install parenting apps and blockers. At that preteen stage, you need to discuss social media with them -- which in my opinion is worthless but it's a discussion. If at any point they try to get smart and get around these rules, just take the shyt from em.

That's at least what I'm planning, my theory is untested but I see my brother's kid all the time watching endless YouTube videos when she can't even read or write. Just autoplaying videos from random people on the Internet based off colorful thumbnails. At least cartoons try to be educational:snoop:
Some YouTube stuff is educational. My 2 year old legit learned his colors by watching random YouTube toy videos.

With that said you are correct, technology use should be monitored, but I don’t think it should be banned altogether. As an adult being technically savy is a must, I don’t think it’s a good idea to hold your kids back until they are almost in high school. That would hinder them more than help.

With that said, my kids play with toys, probably less than I did, but they aren’t phone zombies yet. It was uncharacteristically warm here over the holiday and my kids still went out to play.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I was talking about this with my girl today. On Christmas we used to flood the streets with new bikes, skateboards, footballs, basketballs, playing with whatever toys we got as kids for Christmas. I noticed how dead my neighborhood was, no kids in sight playing. All inside online on phones, tablets or playing video games. Times have changed dramatically.

parents are prob :blessed:

you can get a amazon fire for lke 60 bucks and your kid won't ask for anything else cept the odd game once i a while

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Exactly the scene at my cuz house. One of the kids had got some slime thing but instead spent the time watching other kids play with slime on YouTube smh

Dude, this has happened to me as an adult, I got into watching Twitch for awhile, then after awhile I was like "why the fukk I'm watching someone play a game when I can play it myself?" :_magne:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Glad its happening. aint got to pick up no damn toys and can save money with cydia cracking games. shyt is brilliant.

Also
OLuUU9t_d.jpg
we ready to talk telepathically

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I saw 2 kids riding new Christmas bikes today, that was it.

They made me smile for a second tho from the excitement they were showing.

I remember the days of it being cold (40s-50s) here today in So.Flo and dressed like its summer because the new bike had you excited.

Then your mom yells at your ass and tells you put on some damn clothes before you get sick.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:My son was one of those "tablet" kids but he got over the Amazon tablet kick once I gave him a laptop (one of the cheap Best Buy ones that I tricked out with Ubuntu). Since then, dude been making comics and trying to draw on Google Docs:banderas:. I copped him one of those retro handhelds and we played some GBA games on that jawn.

Its like this, my wife and I made it clear that our son was going to moderate his time. Once he realize that he can do more in a day than sitting down like a drome to stare at Youtube. Lets keep it a buck, toys nowadays don't hit a certain way like during the 90s. Then you have cartoons that embrace memes and novelty toys which old neckbeards cop over a 10 year old child.

This is why Geoffrey the Giraffe took his talents up in Canada :mjcry:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
My kids unwrapped hundreds of dollars worth of shyt, played with a few things for about an hour, then went right back to the tablets and laptops. This is the second year this shyt has happened...my wife can be mad if she wants to but I'm not buying them shyt next year but some clothes