So Sony out here forcing devs to have game trials now? :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yes, Sony gets the money to operate their service. The reward comes when someone plays the game, enjoys it, buys it and goes on social media to say how great it is. What developers want is to put out full priced betas, for us to test, and spend the next several years on some roadmap to the perfect game they sold everyone on several years earlier. And you know what? In an age where things are moving towards digital only. There's no more game rentals. You won't be able to trade in a game you purchased, but don't enjoy. And with the price of these games that keep going up. I'm all for it anything that is more friendly towards the consumer.

Yep, this is the future. Sony knows this is the next best thing to putting full games on their services and it will generate the same interest.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Bingo.

If your game is good you have nothing to worry about:yeshrug:

If anything, if your game is good this will only be a net positive for you, considering more people will play your game and go out and buy it. Guardians of the Galaxy would have sold a lot more copies this way

There's so many games I don't buy because I just don't know what the experience will be like, and games ain't cheap. I usually not only wait for reviews, but to see how the players enjoy them as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some how Sony stans fail to understand that unless they are paying or giving devs a slice of the pie for trials then they are screwing them.

No way around that

Xbox stan: “gamepass increases game sales, people play the games then talk about them and more people buy them, or people try the games for a bit and buy the full copies to keep”

Xbox stan: “these poor publishers are getting ripped off, they literally get nothing in return for putting their games on a service for people to try out first”

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, Sony gets the money to operate their service. The reward comes when someone plays the game, enjoys it, buys it and goes on social media to say how great it is. What developers want is to put out full priced betas, for us to test, and spend the next several years on some roadmap to the perfect game they sold everyone on several years earlier. And you know what? In an age where things are moving towards digital only. There's no more game rentals. You won't be able to trade in a game you purchased, but don't enjoy. And with the price of these games that keep going up. I'm all for it anything that is more friendly towards the consumer.

For every person that does that there is someone that will do the opposite which will draw more attention because thats what negativity does....

So unless, Sony is paying devs for brand new releases having 2 hour trials it's a HUGE L for devs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, Sony gets the money to operate their service. The reward comes when someone plays the game, enjoys it, buys it and goes on social media to say how great it is.
This is what sony will have to convince devs. I was just explaining the “concerns” dude was referring to in the tweet.

What developers want is to put out full priced betas, for us to test, and spend the next several years on some roadmap to the perfect game they sold everyone on several years earlier. And you know what? In an age where things are moving towards digital only. There's no more game rentals. You won't be able to trade in a game you purchased, but don't enjoy. And with the price of these games that keep going up. I'm all for it anything that is more friendly towards the consumer.
Everyone else just allows for returns breh. This ain’t sony doing something “friendly for consumers” they are charging for it.

If they allowed refunds like everyone else their would be no need for this paid demo service that the majority of Playstation users won’t even get to enjoy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is what sony will have to convince devs. I was just explaining the “concerns” dude was referring to in the tweet.

Everyone else just allows for returns breh. This ain’t sony doing something “friendly for consumers” they are charging for it.

If they allowed refunds like everyone else their would be no need for this paid demo service that the majority of Playstation users won’t even get to enjoy.

So you would rather someone abuse a refund system, which they still have to pay money upfront for each game then wait for the money to return to their card in 3-5 days, then be able to just try any game they want being apart of a service they already pay for?

This is not the same as a “refund” system. Sony can expand its refund system but this is not the same thing. If i want to try 3 games when i buy a ps5 i don’t want to have to spend 180 dollars to do it and then wait for refunds.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox stan: “gamepass increases game sales, people play the games then talk about them and more people buy them, or people try the games for a bit and buy the full copies to keep”

Xbox stan: “these poor publishers are getting ripped off, they literally get nothing in return for putting their games on a service for people to try out first”
Devs get paid when their game on gamepass. :dahell:

Say dumb shyt to defend sony, sony stan brehs :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You know what the difference is? One gets a bag upfront and the consumer gets to play the whole game. Regardless of if consumers love or hate it they got paid, and devs might double up on sales

The other gets no compensation and the consumer gets to play 2 hours and has to draw a conclusion from that. Regardless of if the consumer loves or hates it the devs might get paid.

So yeah, a upfront bag, and a potential sale of a game or...... no bag, and a potential sale of a game

:jbhmm:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you would rather someone abuse a refund system, which they still have to pay money upfront for each game then wait for the money to return to their card in 3-5 days, then be able to just try any game they want being apart of a service they already pay for?
It’s not abusing a system. You buy a game it’s not up to your standards, you return it. Simple.

This is not the same as a “refund” system. Sony can expand its refund system but this is not the same thing. If i want to try 3 games when i buy a ps5 i don’t want to have to spend 180 dollars to do it and then wait for refunds.

its essentially the same as the steam 2 hour refund policy people use to try games.
Sony stans:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So gamepass doesn’t increase game sales?
Nobody argued that demos couldn’t increase sales. It could go either way.

The point is, Sony is making money up front regardless of the demos effect on sales. Devs are not. Publishers don’t like when you make money of their product and they don’t get a cut.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not abusing a system. You buy a game it’s not up to your standards, you return it. Simple.

And again, it’s not the same thing as having trials. You refund a game you have to make sure you haven’t played it for a certain amount of time and then you have to wait to get your money back or get store credit. I’ve bought games on steam I couldn’t refund because I was idle in a menu for too long.

You don’t really invest any more money into trying games as you would have before, its part of the same subscription you pay now. You don’t have to go through any extra steps to try anything.

This is only a “concern” for you if you truly are taking the role on as a hypothetical publisher that feels “wronged” by it. As a gamer, this only benefits you.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And again, it’s not the same thing as having trials. You refund a game you have to make sure you haven’t played it for a certain amount of time and then you have to wait to get your money back or get store credit. I’ve bought games on steam I couldn’t refund because I was idle in a menu for too long.
You are paying for the trial, and never get the money back.

You don’t really invest any more money into trying games as you would have before, its part of the same subscription you pay now. You don’t have to go through any extra steps to try anything.

This is only a “concern” for you if you truly are taking the role on as a hypothetical publisher that feels “wronged” by it. As a gamer, this only benefits you.
I didn’t say i was concerned.

I literally said my post was in reference to the tweet.

What would benefit gamers most would be a proper refund system. Not a paid demo system :stopitslime:

Now these nikkas stanning PAID demos.

That sony stan Kool Aid is strong AF :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You are paying for the trial, and never get the money back.

I didn’t say i was concerned.

I literally said my post was in reference to the tweet.

What would benefit gamers most would be a proper refund system. Not a paid demo system :stopitslime:

Now these nikkas stanning PAID demos.

That sony stan Kool Aid is strong AF :wow:

Just like yall stan rental services, its amazing how close we’ve become, brother :blessed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just like yall stan rental services, its amazing how close we’ve become, brother :blessed:
Game rentals have always costed money,

Game demos have always been free. That’s the whole point.

You’ve spent years now shytting on an actually cheap and consumer friendly way to consume games.

Now you are defending a company SELLING demos.

We are nothing alike :scust: