So Sony out here forcing devs to have game trials now? :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game rentals have always costed money,

Game demos have always been free. That’s the whole point.

You’ve spent years now shytting on an actually cheap and consumer friendly way to consume games.

Now you are defending a company SELLING demos.

We are nothing alike :scust:

Sony doesn’t want to make the mistake of cheapening their games like microsoft has, can’t blame them :ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You’ve spent years now shytting on an actually cheap and consumer friendly way to consume games.

You don't have to pay for demos. The premium tier isn't only a "game trial" tier. You're being disingenuous here lol.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
This is what sony will have to convince devs. I was just explaining the “concerns” dude was referring to in the tweet.

Everyone else just allows for returns breh. This ain’t sony doing something “friendly for consumers” they are charging for it.

If they allowed refunds like everyone else their would be no need for this paid demo service that the majority of Playstation users won’t even get to enjoy.

Yes they are charging for it. Because it is still a business and they have an obligation to make a profit. Not just break even. Now there's a chance that with 3rd party developers they may break them off a little something when someone plays the game in that window.

And I agree that if they just allowed for refunds that there would be no need. But they also have their business needs for not doing so. Which sucks but it is what it is.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assuming that a separate portion of the game actually needs to be made available as opposed to just letting someone play the game as is for two hours, there's a pretty simple solution. If the developers agree to make the two hour Alice themselves, then Sony takes less than 30% of the purchase price of any converted sales.

But in all honesty, something like this was bound to happen eventually. Games are available for preorder from the instant their announcement trailer is released, which will typically contain next to no gameplay. Gameplay footage is released in tightly controlled conditions. The gaming market isn't particularly slanted in the buyer's favor. While this likely won't last very long, it'd be nice to see this bring about some change.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

So what are the cheap and consumer friendly ways? I don't have an XBox, but I've said that game pass is a great deal. I even sold my cousin on it for his two small children. But as we've seen with Netflix, which Microsoft has said is their main consumer, they're going to switch things up because they have to. The password sharing. The throwing money at any production company to produce whatever. Sony is circumventing all of that and not letting anyone get accustomed to anything from the get go. It's all good and consumer friendly, until the shareholders start asking questions.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So what are the cheap and consumer friendly ways? I don't have an XBox, but I've said that game pass is a great deal. I even sold my cousin on it for his two small children. But as we've seen with Netflix, which Microsoft has said is their main consumer, they're going to switch things up because they have to. The password sharing. The throwing money at any production company to produce whatever. Sony is circumventing all of that and not letting anyone get accustomed to anything from the get go. It's all good and consumer friendly, until the shareholders start asking questions.
Netflix and Gamepass are not competitors or similar.

Games and movies are monetized very differently and gamepass games are still for sale outside of gamepass.

Y’all stans are weird. In one post you don’t care about devs getting paid for their work for something you deemed as “consumer friendly”

Then in literally the very next post you are concerned about “shareholders” when it comes to consumer friendly practices by xbox.

Never change sony stans :mjlol:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Netflix and Gamepass are not competitors or similar.

Games and movies are monetized very differently and gamepass games are still for sale outside of gamepass.

Y’all stans are weird. In one post you don’t care about devs getting paid for their work for something you deemed as “consumer friendly”

Then in literally the very next post you are concerned about “shareholders” when it comes to consumer friendly practices by xbox.

Never change sony stans :mjlol:

I'm just repeating what has been said by game pass supporters, that Sony is no longer their direct competition. Microsoft has even put out in quarterly reports that Netflix is who they are competing with for the attention spans of people. Some have even said it on here. To which I've said that's bullshyt. That isn't Sony stan territory.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm just repeating what has been said by game pass supporters, that Sony is no longer their direct competition. Microsoft has even put out in quarterly reports that Netflix is who they are competing with for the attention spans of people. Some have even said it on here. To which I've said that's bullshyt. That isn't Sony stan territory.
No, they have not. And no one has ever called Netflix microsoft competition. They sell movies. :stopitslime: