So Sony is thinking about making their own version of Nintendo Switch.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If they want to get back into the handheld/portable market, they need to come out with a phone with Playstation Branding on it.

3a0a94c30bb0c77d58473a9157ed478f.png

We got xperia's already breh that you can remote play on.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sony has been doing this since ps2 :mjlol:

microsoft puts emphasis online and having a online infrastructure, sony is like :krs: lets do the same, but for free *free aspect dies*
Nintendo with the 3ds, sony is like :krs: lets do 3d tv's bundle it with games 3ds is the way! *dies no longer supports it*
Nintendo and microsoft with motion controls, sony is like :krs: lets do the same thing *dies no longer supports it*

Sony literally just does whats popular and cashes in as long as possible.

Two years ago VR was all the rage and that was sony's focus going forward, it was a huge reason to get a ps pro....:mjlol:

You Sega fanboy really been furious at Sony since the Dreamcast died :patrice:

Latching on to Nintendo and Microsoft but still ain't happy shilling :patrice:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Article was :mjlol: but whatever...
Pretty sure they bodied the Vita themselves because they did a terrible job of supporting it unlike Nintendo with the Switch where they came out the gate with two GoTY candidates

which is a damned shame too - Vita was waaaaaaaay ahead of its time and still has more options than the Switch does

I'd buy a Vita 2.0 though :ehh:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did anynone read the article?

This is the guys quote.

“In my opinion, rather than separating portable gaming from consoles, it’s necessary to continue thinking of it (portable gaming) as one method to deliver more gaming experiences and exploring what our customers want from portable. We want to think about many options. We’ll be leveraging the knowledge and experience of having built four generations of consoles.”

Of course nobody read the article. This entire thread has been people posting bullshyt based on a bullshyt article they didn't even bother reading.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I dont trust Sony with handhelds or console accessories after the vita and the psvr.

Vita was a great system that Sony abandoned and the psvr looks to be heading in that same direction.

I own both and Vita fares ok in the grand scheme of things but until the Switch came out, it was the GOAT handheld system. I think the popularity of VR will cause Sony to look at for a while but there should be more VR games to push it than there is. I've had both my mom and dad try out Wipeout on the VR and even they were like this is fun. Sony needs to do more though.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I own both and Vita fares ok in the grand scheme of things but until the Switch came out, it was the GOAT handheld system. I think the popularity of VR will cause Sony to look at for a while but there should be more VR games to push it than there is. I've had both my mom and dad try out Wipeout on the VR and even they were like this is fun. Sony needs to do more though.
I own both too

Vita was the goat system for indies but Sony stopped supporting the system like two years into release.

I feel like only Bethesda has made serious games for the vr with doom and skyrim, Sony should have been thrown a bag at them to get fallout 3/New Vegas ported if they absolutely cant port fallout 4. Sony has yet to give us any serious first party games for the system, resident evil 7 is still the most impressive game for psvr.

It seems like Sony doesnt want to create any games for it until it sells more units but people wont buy it because there's not many real games to play.

I love the vr experience but I'm starting to feel like it was a waste of money.
:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i was just telling my guy they need to make something like the switch BUT work with the ps5. For example...plays the same games BUT have it to where they downgrade the resolution for the smaller screen so the portable can handle a lower resolution version for the game but with everything else running the same! You dont need 4k for a handheld and it wouldnt work anyway if you want the price to stay competitive! I have no problem with how games look on the switch clarity wise and thats just what...720p? give me a portable that literally plays ps5 games on the go.....when i want to dock it into my ps5 i get my normal 4k res modern console specced gaming! Make it a COMPLIMENT to ps5 for those that want on the go gaming...dont make it so its a whole separate console that needs devs to make separate games etc. Id pay for both just so i can have it on the go!