So Saucony and Asics are the hottest trends now?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bruh go into the sneaker thread and you will see a lot of heads were up on both brands like 7'years ago....
I gotcha. But I'm more referring to trends. For example, NB has always been in style with certain regions. But in recent years everybody wears them. I remember when my niece used to crack on my late mother for wearing them. Like on the same level as sketchers in her eyes. And now she wears NB. So I get sneakerheads but I'm more referring to mainstream culture

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Asics are hot?

My Dad gave me a brand new pair he said hurt his feet

and I wore them running, my running shoes are washed --was feeling like a fukking nerd lol maybe I will just keep them

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Asics are hot?

My Dad gave me a brand new pair he said hurt his feet

and I wore them running, my running shoes are washed --was feeling like a fukking nerd lol maybe I will just keep them
Asics always been a good running shoe, streets catching on for casual wear. They kind of popped off when Ronnie Fieg started releasing exclusive colorways (2015ish?).

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Go to a marathon amd you won't see one pair of Asics or NBs.

Puma makes the deviate nitro which are excellent running shoes though.

At most marathons you'll see either Saucony, Nikes and a few Hoka
I don't know how you havent mentioned brooks.

Anyway a long with run clubs, and social media runs sponsored by celebrities and/or influencers. Running and everything running is the fad.

The amount of people currently wearing on cloud, brooks, hoka, Asics, NB. They used to be a brand where if you wore them and bumped into another runner they'd be like "you run?".

These fat, overweight, non athletic, dad bod, post partum, mfs ain't running.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
To think, Nike’s goofy ass had this bright idea of going direct to consumer to only have those other brands including Hoka take up their retail space and market share :mjlol:
It just made people realize there’s more out there than Nike :yeshrug: I’m mostly an Adidas guy and have various brands of other shoes like reeboks, converse, Tretorns, and Pumas. started wearing new balances like 2years ago and that’s been a big game changer for me.. they’re comfortable as fukk

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
I actually plan on doing the Chevron Marathon in Houston next year. Right now I'm training in some Metcon 5s. Man that's a comfortable ass shoe. But I'm not sure if it's durable enough to hold up for 26 miles.
Funny enough I wore metcon 9s today. I wouldn't chance it.

I love how hoka and under Armour are carrying the torch
Not to mentioned their stock price cratered like 20% a couple of weeks ago after their financials.

All that decision did was help Hoka, Saucony, and those other competitors take up that shelf space and online presence that Nike pulled out of. Now they're hot in the streets while Nike is struggling with innovation.

That poster obviously hasn’t been paying attention to the news about them lately.
I love how hoka, under Armour etc. are carrying the torch, nike and adidas lost they damn mind and adidas ain't put out a grown man looking shoe in years.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Funny enough I wore metcon 9s today. I wouldn't chance it.

I love how hoka and under Armour are carrying the torch

I love how hoka, under Armour etc. are carrying the torch, nike and adidas lost they damn mind and adidas ain't put out a grown man looking shoe in years.
Recommend some Under Armours please… I can’t ever find a pair that I like… I’ve tried man even with the Steph Curry’s

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Agree. Ive tried them ugly Hokas, new balance, nike. All of them eventually start hurting my feet. These the only walking shoes I've had for 2 months and no problem.

u gotta go to one of those stores to get your feet anaylized and all that.

they're running shoes.

I got extra comfy ones with the inserts for cardio :ohlawd:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I like em buy a new pair number every August or so :manny:
I’ll try others eventually but now im good I ain’t get hurt in them yet in my runs

I get it; I got a pair of 40s and the quality has declined a lot. I use to get pegaus all the time.

asics is levels above that BS IMO :hubie:

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They never went out of style.

Boutique exclusive gel lyte iii's and sauconys always fly off shelves and if you look on stock x the prices for alot of them are scary.

It's just that alot of young people follow trends,but if you late 30s early 40s,your Fly is actually the Fly that matters in the world....Legacy houses ain't choosing no wet behind the ears ass nikka to be they creative director.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They never went out of style.

Boutique exclusive gel lyte iii's and sauconys always fly off shelves and if you look on stock x the prices for alot of them are scary.

It's just that alot of young people follow trends,but if you late 30s early 40s,your Fly is actually the Fly that matters in the world....Legacy houses ain't choosing no wet behind the ears ass nikka to be they creative director.

yea I got a couple pairs of the gels....they cool.....weird AF cause they don't have a tounge tho :dame: