So obama goes to Africa and talks about same sex rights WOW

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
@Mowgli , in Senegal you can go to jail for up to 5 years for being gay.

How is that even going to help a nation in the long run?

being gay isn't a choice for many people. Even if it is for a few, its not something worth going to jail or being killed over.
Less HIV, less sexual abuse of boys.

How is it going to hurt a nation?

Last edited by a moderator:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You should tell a rape victim to stop wearing short skirts. :mindblown: Maybe you forget what kind of world you're living in. Its not a world where ideals are reality.

Thats like walking through a forest with a steak strapped to your hip expecting not to get approached by a wild animal.

You sound no better than the fukking Taliban right now.

Why don't you teach people to LEAVE OTHERS ALONE you ass wipe.

Why the fukk should someone have to worry about being KILLED because they're gay?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
His African father was an atheist... he probably wouldn't care.

This thread is full of messy arguments on both sides. The US hanging gay rights over other nations' heads as conditions for aid for the poor and sick is absolutely wrong and needs to be criticized. All that "gay is the new black" shyt is ridiculously wrong as well. Black is still Black. It's also dishonest of the US to engage with those countries as if it has no human rights abuses of its own to deal with.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with stating to them that homosexuality should be decriminalized- Obama is not going over there promoting gay marriage (which would be relatively unimportant compared with poverty and disease,) only the idea that they shouldn't be imprisoned and killed for being gay, as it currently is in Senegal among many other places. Being jailed or murdered for your sexual orientation by law is barbaric, and just as important an issue as other basic rights, since it's about the right to live, period. And saying that doesn't preclude engaging with the many other issues in the country, either- that statement he made was on a plane, not in conversation with any African leader. He didn't go there just for that.

1. I agree that holding "aid" over people's head is fukked up...but then again, they need it, not us. Think about it. We have our own stipulations, other nations have theirs. Thats the way the world works. Not everything is as altruistic as it sounds.

2. I completely agree with your last paragraph. You can't just be killing people like that for NO reason.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
What exactly is he supposed to do for BLACK folks?

Please tell me.

He's the president of ALL americans, not just black ones.

That includes gays, non-religious people, and immigrants.

Before I answer your question (and I will in detail). Has Obama helped and or adressed issues for groups other than Blacks? (Gays, Mexicans, Chinese, white folks)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Why the fukk should someone have to worry about being KILLED because they're gay?

They shouldnt but it wasnt Obamas place to bust into that discussion out of nowhere because what it implies is that if they dont fix it, their children will starve considering the fact that the US does not give aid to nations that dont embrace homosexuality. Africans do not want to embrace that aspect of European culture. Its something you have to deal with. If they want to let kids starve because of it, :yeshrug: they'll just make it on their own.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1. I agree that holding "aid" over people's head is fukked up...but then again, they need it, not us. Think about it. We have our own stipulations, other nations have theirs. Thats the way the world works. Not everything is as altruistic as it sounds.

2. I completely agree with your last paragraph. You can't just be killing people like that for NO reason.

As far as aid, it's fukked up because the vast majority of poor or starving people get punished for the actions of their anti-gay government and its legal system. Either you want to help the people or not. You can't play poor and sick people as pawns that way.

If you're going to engage with Mowgli/Mr. Somebody, keep in mind that he's a repressed homosexual who was sexually abused as a child. His arguments are part trolling, part self-hatred, denial and confusion.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa... you got a Nica and Monk avi? :salute: my yute!

And countries that don't realize the importance of not shytting on gays are countries that will forever lose. All major American corporations allow gays because THEY ARE EMPLOYEES. They keep the cog running. You'd be stupid to shyt on viable workers and employable members of society because you dont like what they do with their genitals.

fukk Senegal if they want to stay in the bronze age.

Thanks.

Like they say "business, never personal". If the best man for the job is gay, then hire him; who cares.

fukk em, dark age pricks. I'm glad Obama stuck up for his beliefs. You ain't gonna be asking for America to help your dusty ass country and then have those kind of beliefs.

Either way it's funny to see how many people in here get mad, nikkas are mad immature and simple minded.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Before I answer your question (and I will in detail). Has Obama helped and or adressed issues for groups other than Blacks? (Gays, Mexicans, Chinese, white folks)

The issues he addresses for those communities affect the black community as well. There are black gay people, immigrants, and those without insurance.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
The issues he addresses for those communities affect the black community as well. There are black gay people, immigrants, and those without insurance.

Cmon bruh, Barack isn't on the forefront fighting for immigrant reform for Black folks trying to enter the country. He's fighting for Mexicans. He aggresivley went after the Mexican/Latino vote and promised them change.

I'm talkin specifically about what Obama is NOT doin for the black community. Basically, the only way black folks are being adressed is if u happen to be gay :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Cmon bruh, Barack isn't on the forefront fighting for immigrant reform for Black folks trying to enter the country. He's fighting for Mexicans. He aggresivley went after the Mexican/Latino vote and promised them change.

I'm talkin specifically about what Obama is NOT doin for the black community. Basically, the only way black folks are being adressed is if u happen to be gay :snoop:

So what hot button issue has the black community fought hard to get across Obama's desk? Was immigration not a HUGE issue before he was elected? He had to deal with the climate of the country. What was the Hot button black issue that he faced and ignored?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Gays. Sure.

Mexicans. He's trying to

Chinese? Not sure. Unless you mean H1B visas, but those help all immigrants. My folks from the carribbean benefitted from this.

White folks? Not sure. Not all white people are "rich" there are just more of them.

if you're going to make some strawman about how he hasn't helped blacks or poor people you need to understand this:

When he came in office he enacted policies that helped prevent more bank foreclosures, he is trying to reform student loans, he helped revamp our health care system, he's trying to also reform voting proceedure, and he has a history of advocating for low-income housing for poor and and minority constituents going back to his time in Chicago.

No man has a perfect record. I'd like to see him tackle more issues when it comes to drug policies...but you have to understand.

Him attacking drug policies doesn't SOLELY help black people.

He DID reduce the crack to cocaine sentencing ration from 100:1 to 10:1...its not great but its a start.

Nothing he does SOLELY helps anyone. There are others that benefit from wide sweeping gains that he enacts.

if black people can't get their shyt together from MERELY having that face in the white house, then its going to be really hard to see ourselves moving forward positively.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

I forgot where Barack was ONLY the black president for black people. :mindblown:

Like it or not, Mexicans have a lot to do with the economy in this country. You can't just ignore that and act like he shouldn't devote energy to helping them out.

Blacks aren't taking those jobs, are they? :aicmon:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
As far as aid, it's fukked up because the vast majority of poor or starving people get punished for the actions of their anti-gay government and its legal system. Either you want to help the people or not. You can't play poor and sick people as pawns that way.

Actually...you can.

We've done a lot of things in the name of "human rights" (call them business interests if you want. i don't care)

The other day the US just suspended trade benefits with Bangledesh because of the poor working conditions over there.

U.S. suspends trade benefits for Bangladesh over safety | Reuters

You can argue that this is about money and image, but people are held to how they treat others over in other places.

The US can take their money and interests elsewhere.

Its not like Senegal has a lot to offer us either. Lets be real. This is a country with interests we're talking about. Not some altruistic billionaire with the time and money to blow curing malaria.

If you're going to engage with Mowgli/Mr. Somebody, keep in mind that he's a repressed homosexual who was sexually abused as a child. His arguments are part trolling, part self-hatred, denial and confusion.

No doubt there.