So NAS got 4 classics

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas are really getting salty because someone isn't going along with the hype, and has actually formulated an opinion of their own.

Album is not great to me, too many filler tunes, sloppy flow, uninspiring lyrics, generally boring beats, don't make a great/classic album to me.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Classics (illmatic, IWW, Lost Tapes, Stillmatic)

Great albums (I Am, Gods Son, HHID, Untitled)

Average Albums (SD,Nastradamus)

This album is about 4.5/5 right now time will tell if I can give it 5

Jet

Banned
Daps
Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic (my second copy don't have BH Party)
Untitled
Lost Tape.

Life Is Good is beautiful, but Summer On Smash null's it from being classic. I bet the AZ track would had been a perfect segue than that Swizzie trash.

Then what about 'Make the World Go Round' on Untitled?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: at this neg rep

"fukkboy hating on nas..eat a dikk breh"

smack who is that nikka...you do realize you're the only one whose been that pathetic to neg me because i'm not dikkriding the album, whilst already saying Nas is my favorite rapper

you throw illogical tantrums irl when someone doesn't agree with you? :usure:

Let me just state, out of all the dudes who've thrown rocks at me for stating my opinion....0% of you have given me reasons why my opinion is shyt :ohhh:

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
:usure: you want me to hurt your feelings?

Great songs

Cherry Wine
Stay

Ok songs

Reach Out
Loco-Motive (the way Nas starts the verse at 2:36 is :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron::gladbron: status though)
The Don
Back When
Bye Baby

Filler Songs

Accident Murderers
A Queens Story
Nasty
Daughters (I don't care what you brehs say, he could've done much better with the lyrics in this song, reminds me of how people feel about 'rewind'
Worlds an addiction
You wouldn't understand
The Black Bond
Roses
Where's The Love

Wack songs

Summer On Smash

So yeah imo when one song shy of half an album is :ld: and he other song to make the half is :snoop: status, yeah...the album shouldn't see no rating higher than 3-3.5

I can also go into why i've put the songs in those categories but do you really care about my opinion like that? :beli:

People frontin' on rewind now, too? :dry:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Why do people say one or two songs they don't like makes it not classic? I think fans sell themselves short with that approach. Music isn't supposed to be perfectly tailored to every fan's personal taste. That's not what makes it special imo. It's like y'all respect consistent mediocrity rather than ambitious music. I'll take an album with a handful of truly transcending efforts and some others that fall short, than a project that panders to what people expect to hear. Ironically, LIG is pretty much consistently transcendent through and through (in terms of rhymes, beats, subject matter, and even the album cover), and y'all STILL find a reason to shyt on it.

But a better question is what album's do you think have been classic in the last 5 years? Because I honestly can't think of any album you couldn't nitpick and find a reason to modify the tracklist.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People frontin' on rewind now, too? :dry:

:beli: you donut...i love 'rewind' but the critique I gave Daughters (the concept of song not being executed well) is what a lot of people have said about rewind in the past

Are my basic posts going over you lots heads or something? :heh:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do people say one or two songs they don't like makes it not classic? I think fans sell themselves short with that approach. Music isn't supposed to be perfectly tailored to every fan's personal taste. That's not what makes it special imo. It's like y'all respect consistent mediocrity rather than ambitious music. I'll take an album with a handful of truly transcending efforts and some others that fall short, than a project that panders to what people expect to hear. Ironically, LIG is pretty much consistently transcendent through and through (in terms of rhymes, beats, subject matter, and even the album cover), and y'all STILL find a reason to shyt on it.

But a better question is what album's do you think have been classic in the last 5 years? Because I honestly can't think of any album you couldn't nitpick and find a reason to modify the tracklist.

A better point to make is why do people feel like an album has to be a classic or garbage? What's wrong with saying an album is good? :ld:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
A better point to make is why do people feel like an album has to be a classic or garbage? What's wrong with saying an album is good? :ld:

Nothing is wrong with saying an album is good. There's also nothing wrong saying an album is classic if you don't love every song. I don't like "Gimme The Ass" on Stone Crazy, but I still think it's a classic Beatnuts album.