So Iverson's gonna be at tonight's game in Philly...

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
A.I. would still be in the league to this very day if he would accept a role player type status.. lets just say a GM took a chance on him. soon as he would get on the rooster you know he'll demand to start and all hell would break loose.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Sometimes GMs are just wrong and just don't want to deal with nikkaz. Let's be reality, how many NFL GMs thought Mike Vick was finished......I'm telling you A.I could come back and be a valuable scorer for a championship team..

Michael Vick was 30.

Allen Iverson = 2 weeks away from turning 37. :flabbynsick:

To put things into perspective a bit, these would be the only players older than AI in the league:

Jason Kidd
Ben Wallace
Marcus Camby
Juwan Howard
Derek Fisher
Tony Battie
Grant Hill
Steve Nash
Kurt Thomas
Tim Duncan

pretty much it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A.I. would still be in the league to this very day if he would accept a role player type status.. lets just say a GM took a chance on him. soon as he would get on the rooster you know he'll demand to start and all hell would break loose.

And that is the main issue. No team believes that AI will ever accept a secondary role or be amenable to coming off the bench and until he can convince them of that he will be playing in second and third rate leagues from now till he realizes it is time to hang it up.
I personally would be ecstatic if he was brought back to The Sixers and followed the Ray Allen example of being cool with whatever role he was asked to play as long as it helped his squad.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

he should get resigned by the sixers, then he could carry this new bum sixers to the finals like he did the previous in 2000

That already happened in the 09-10 season and they cut him in March of that year. There was an attendance boost initially but it didn't last.

Maybe its bcuz they jealous AI would become a instant fan favorite:manny:....id take AI over fukin Session and Blake any day of the week...kobe is a great enuff player AI would have no choice but to accept comin off the bench for him at least,and alwas said he would backup a better player.

:sitdown:

What does it say that NO STAR PLAYER IN THE NBA IS DEMANDING HIS GM SIGN AI? If Kobe or LeBron really wanted him, I'm pretty sure Mitch Kupchak or Pat Riley would cut a bum to have AI as their 12th man.

The truth is painful for most of this forum, but the reality is that the NBA has moved forward from the me-first era of AI, Marbury, Francis, etc. GM's have washed their hands of that stigma and have (for the most part) moved forward with players that don't cause as much headaches.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And that is the main issue. No team believes that AI will ever accept a secondary role or be amenable to coming off the bench and until he can convince them of that he will be playing in second and third rate leagues from now till he realizes it is time to hang it up.
I personally would be ecstatic if he was brought back to The Sixers and followed the Ray Allen example of being cool with whatever role he was asked to play as long as it helped his squad.

How did his last stint with the Sixers fall apart again?

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its a New York Knick tradition that we pick up players past their prime, so I fully expect AI to get a vet minimum from the Garden this offseason. Even diminished he cant be worse than Bibby, Davis, or Douglas right?

Players who were :flabbynsick: when they got to NY:

Glen Rice
Antonio Mcdyess
Dennis Scott
Antonio Davis
Rolando Blackmon
Jalen Rose
Doc Rivers
Mike Bibby
Baron Davis
Tracy McGrady
Dikembe Mutombo
Mugsy Bogues
Mark Jackson (2nd stint)
Kiki Vandeweghe (Kiki produced but he wasnt what he was)

Imagine a prime lineup of:
PG Davis
SG McGrady
SF Rice
PF Mcdyess
C Mutombo :huhldup:

Sign AI NY!! Carry on tradition!

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Its a New York Knick tradition that we pick up players past their prime, so I fully expect AI to get a vet minimum from the Garden this offseason. Even diminished he cant be worse than Bibby, Davis, or Douglas right?

Players who were :flabbynsick: when they got to NY:

Glen Rice
Antonio Mcdyess
Dennis Scott
Antonio Davis
Rolando Blackmon
Jalen Rose
Doc Rivers
Mike Bibby
Baron Davis
Tracy McGrady
Dikembe Mutombo
Mugsy Bogues
Mark Jackson (2nd stint)
Kiki Vandeweghe (Kiki produced but he wasnt what he was)

Imagine a prime lineup of:
PG Davis
SG McGrady
SF Rice
PF Mcdyess
C Mutombo :huhldup:

Sign AI NY!! Carry on tradition!

You forgot Penny:flabbynsick: