So it's the new year... How's the "Next Gen Experience?"

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Got a Series X

Game Pass is dope
The upgraded features make gaming so much smoother and less wasted time.
It sucks aren't any next gen games out but at the same time more and more games are living games and graphics aren't as important so I'm just getting a better experience with a lot of great games.

Right now it's flying first class. We get to the same destination but you don't really know what you're missing.

Edit: my old Xbox 360 purchases are still valid. This is something PC had over consoles for a while.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
2 years later how yell felling about this?

:jbhmm:
Underwhelming. The consoles themselves are great but we don't have enough games developed specifically for the current gen consoles. I'm hoping this year with games like Forspoken, starfield, and FF XVI we'll finally see the console hardware pushed harder and clever use of those ssds implemented.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Its mid so far. I hate to say this... but we need Nintendo to come through and crush the buildings as far as game feel goes. The PS5 interface does feel nice initially but kinda forgettable nowadays. They should've kept updating the multitasking features.. I'm playing older games maxed out on PC that run and feel better than some of these next gen games. Thats probably why there's so many remasters rn.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Forbidden West, and God Of War Ragnarok feel next gen enough to me.

We do need more next gen games but for that to even matter we need these consoles to be out in the wild finally and not this endless mad dash to refresh browsers ever 30 seconds to try and buy one online.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I would like to add I think this generation push a lot of people toward PC. I seen so many people buy their children and teens PCs this year. I think a lot factor into that with game prices shortages of consoles etc... add the Steam Deck as well.

I think 2023 is the year we will see real next Gen games such as Spiderman Starfall gameplay wise Forza

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not nearly as bad as some casual pundits make it out be, but still only just scratching the surface of what it's going to become. Hasn't fully hit it's stride just yet, but even with the Covid factor, the usual timeline trend of it isn't too far off now compared to the last two gens at least. And this incoming year is when the strut really starts. Overall, I'm loving it right now, about as much or more than I ever have. Time is my only bane.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FFXVI, FFVII Remake 2, and Spidey 2 along with other TBD releases should really showcase what these new consoles have in store overall. So far, these consoles feel like spiffed-up last gen consoles in that the same experience can be had on previous consoles just with lesser fidelity which shouldn't be the case at least by year 3.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not nearly as bad as some casual pundits make it out be, but still only just still scratching the surface of what it's going to become. Hasn't fully hit it's stride just yet, but even with the Covid factor, the usual timeline trend of it isn't too far off now compared to the last two gens at least. And this incoming year is when the strut really starts. Overall, I'm loving it right now, about as much or more than I ever have. Time is my only bane.
This

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not nearly as bad as some casual pundits make it out be, but still only just still scratching the surface of what it's going to become. Hasn't fully hit it's stride just yet, but even with the Covid factor, the usual timeline trend of it isn't too far off now compared to the last two gens at least. And this incoming year is when the strut really starts. Overall, I'm loving it right now, about as much or more than I ever have. Time is my only bane.

Yep, even now ps5 has been hittin way harder the first two years than ps4.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yep, even now ps5 has been hittin way harder the first two years than ps4.
Yeah, very easily for sure. Even the first few months was hitting harder, whether it was better ran cross gen titles or whatever. There still was a couple PS5 only entries that were all in all better than PS4 only entries that dropped in the first half year of PS4 life.