So it's the new year... How's the "Next Gen Experience?"

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I love it.

Gaming on consoles that are quiet and fast with the best controllers. :ahh:

I mean even if you only playing PS4/XB1 games, it's the best way you can play them.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I built a gaming PC and my PS5 makes me wonder why people still play on console. PC is the next generation. I played Destiny 2 on PS5 and was like this is a real upgrade. I played the same mission on PC and i noticed they basically turned off all the explosions on PS5 to keep the framerate. The game runs and looks so much better on PC but then again PS5 was $400 and my PC was $2800

Yeah, for a 7xs price difference, you should be able to feel the explosions in your living room.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ease of use and accessibility. Dunno why some PC cats can't get that thru their skull.

Not to mention price. Duke talking about something that costs literally 7 times the amount of a PS5 and wonder why it don't compare.

*PC cats*
"Gee willikers! Why do people drive cars everywhere, when a plane is soo much faster."

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Well the disc version of ps5 is $500 and i could have built my pc for $1500 but i added a bunch of shyt to it that was overkill.

At 3 times the price, it still should damn well blow it out the water. Ya'll say this shyt sometimes like you're surprised that a piece of technology that is many times less than another piece of technology don't have the same comparative breakdowns, lol. Smh.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At 3 times the price, it still should damn well blow it out the water. Ya'll say this shyt sometimes like you're surprised that a piece of technology that is many times less than another piece of technology don't have the same comparative breakdowns, lol. Smh.

I think console people are stuck in time. In 2008 a iphone was $500 now its $1200.. How can consoles still be $400? They should have made these consoles $1000 and gave nikkaz payment plans..

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think console people are stuck in time. In 2008 a iphone was $500 now its $1200.. How can consoles still be $400? They should have made these consoles $1000 and gave nikkaz payment plans..

Bad comparison. At the end of the day, an iphone has a lot more utility and is considerably more compact than a console ever would be to somewhat warrant those prices. Games at the end of the day are mostly just a recreational thing, a hobby. True, you can sometimes turn that into something that makes you money, but it's still mostly just a gaming machine that can double as a media center and that's it. They don't need to be and should not be 1000+ dollars and come out every two years to keep up with the jonses of technology.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Apples and oranges, breh.

A cellphone is a necessity, basically seen as a utility cost. People are far more willing to pay those kinds of prices for something positioned as a need, as opposed to something you could call a hobby at best.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was on it tough at launch, but I've been back on my PC backlog for a month or so. Waiting on that next exclusive, or I'll hop on when I get the urge to play some BC PS4 games

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad comparison. At the end of the day, an iphone has a lot more utility and is considerably more compact than a console ever would be to somewhat warrant those prices. Games at the end of the day are mostly just a recreational thing, a hobby. True, you can sometimes turn that into something that makes you money, but it's still mostly just a gaming machine that can double as a media center and that's it. They don't need to be and should not be 1000+ dollars and come out every two years to keep up with the jonses of technology.

What does a iphone do that $300 phone can't do?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apples and oranges, breh.

A cellphone is a necessity, basically seen as a utility cost. People are far more willing to pay those kinds of prices for something positioned as a need, as opposed to something you could call a hobby at best.
A cellphone isn't a necessity. Your cellphone basically serves no purpose to warrant $1200. You pay $1200 to like other peoples pictures all day?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And console exclusives >>>

What console exclusives do you speak of? In the last 20 years i haven't played a console exclusive that was important enough for me to pick one console over another. The best games that come out are on all platforms.

You can play Gears, Forza, Horizon, Death Stranding, etc on PC. You can't even play WOW on console.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A cellphone isn't a necessity. Your cellphone basically serves no purpose to warrant $1200. You pay $1200 to like other peoples pictures all day?

Okay, someone could easily flip that to say a PC doesn't warrant $1200.

Cell phones ARE necessities for people by virtue of being the primary way people can contact other people, especially while mobile.

What people end up using it for is a completely different thing, but it's simple to sum up why people are okay with prices on these things (which, for the record, I agree that $1200 is way too much for a damn phone). They look at the cost/financing options, and will at some point say "Well, I NEED a phone....." Can't quite say the same for gaming.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay, someone could easily flip that to say a PC doesn't warrant $1200.

Cell phones ARE necessities for people by virtue of being the primary way people can contact other people, especially while mobile.

What people end up using it for is a completely different thing, but it's simple to sum up why people are okay with prices on these things (which, for the record, I agree that $1200 is way too much for a damn phone). They look at the cost/financing options, and will at some point say "Well, I NEED a phone....." Can't quite say the same for gaming.

I lost my phone for 2 days and didn't care. You don't need a phone it's just entertainment. Flip phones still make calls if you want that. Most people spend all day looking at shyt the can't afford and people they can't have. Which is why a average bytch with no job will have 300k followers and nikkaz looking at her page all day but how many times does she look at your page? nikkaz is retarded.