So it's the new year... How's the "Next Gen Experience?"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both the PS5 and Series X have been out for about a month and a half now so people have had sometime to really spend with it.

How's the next generation of gaming living up to your expectations? Does it feel next gen or like an expansion?

For me personally I it feels next gen but more so on the hardware side. Quick resume, preloading, and the SSD has made gaming enjoyable for me again.

Turning on the system and having it sitting at the dashboard and instantly loading up a game I want from there feels mad privileged tbh.

Scrolling through my game catalog or gamepass and casually looking for something I want to play or give a shot.

It's all rather amazing.

So for me, next generation is already top notch.

I think the last time I enjoyed a next gen jump this much was playstation to dreamcast, and then dreamcast to xbox.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I built a gaming PC and my PS5 makes me wonder why people still play on console. PC is the next generation. I played Destiny 2 on PS5 and was like this is a real upgrade. I played the same mission on PC and i noticed they basically turned off all the explosions on PS5 to keep the framerate. The game runs and looks so much better on PC but then again PS5 was $400 and my PC was $2800

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I built a gaming PC and my PS5 makes me wonder why people still play on console. PC is the next generation. I played Destiny 2 on PS5 and was like this is a real upgrade. I played the same mission on PC and i noticed they basically turned off all the explosions on PS5 to keep the framerate. The game runs and looks so much better on PC but then again PS5 was $400 and my PC was $2800

Ease of use and accessibility. Dunno why some PC cats can't get that thru their skull.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m enjoying all the QoL changes such as, increased framerates, resolution, load times, better controller with built in mic, even on games like dragon quest that don’;t have ps5 versions it loads super quick.

I think this will be a very interesting year for gaming

The simple fact that it’s backwards compatible already makes it better than the previous gen

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Curious if people who are playing on high PC feel like they've already had the next generation experience 2 years ago...

Because from what I can tell, the PC outside of a few outliers follows the console when it comes to games.

Now if you want the best version of a said game (depending on if it's not broken on pc at launch) then PC is the way to go.

But that pretty much means you end up upgrading you GPU every 3-4 years anyway.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ease of use and accessibility. Dunno why some PC cats can't get that thru their skull.
I don't think that's a thing unless you're retarded. I go to steam, i press play. My games load instantly. Consoles are for poor people :mjlol:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's too soon to give a verdict on anything at the moment. The loading times though are incredible. They're virtually non-existent from the boot up to actual gameplay. I just wish that Playstation had another big title to release with the initial launch. Outside of Miles Morales (which I've already finished) and NBA 2K, the PS5 is going to be a paperweight. I have zero interest in Call of Duty or other PS4 ports.