So is it time to admit 4:44 has come and gone already?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Bam is being bumped everywhere though:dwillhuh:

But Im the UK, those Hip Hop meets Reggae joints get heavy play (Distant Relatives)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
everything "comes and goes" nowadays.

internet+social media got collective attention span like

S6Toq.gif

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
:laff:
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Album came and went.

Last time he tried to show his growth and maturity was kingdom come and then he ran right back to drug dealing duck tales the next album :mjlol:
:mjlol: The emphasis on KC wasn't maturity and growth you moron, it was a grand re entrance into the game. AG shared thematic similarities with American Gangster the film it is somewhat intended to be the sonic backdrop to the movie. Negged for not being able to understand simple concepts and linkages. fukking clown.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:mjlol: The emphasis on KC wasn't maturity and growth you moron, it was a grand re entrance into the game. AG shared thematic similarities with American Gangster the film it is somewhat intended to be the sonic backdrop to the movie. Negged for not being able to understand simple concepts and linkages. fukking clown.
Riiigghhtttttttt. Kingdom come was absolute trash and he ran back to drug dealing tales to cover up the fact nobody wants to hear jay try to be conscious. Which is why this new album isn't resonating.

The delusions of stans :mjlol:

Log off,jay z is not your father fakkit.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I had no motivations to listen, past 6 months I haven't really fully listened to any albums :damn:

tf is happening :sadbron:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Riiigghhtttttttt. Kingdom come was absolute trash and he ran back to drug dealing tales to cover up the fact nobody wants to hear jay try to be conscious. Which is why this new album isn't resonating.

The delusions of stans :mjlol:

Log off,jay z is not your father fakkit.
A wise man said don't argue with fools. That being said, don't quote me again. Clown ass.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
people gonna front in this thread like that shyt is everywhere just cuz it's jay. jay has an established fanbase that will consume his stuff rabidly or see him tour, album or not. but outside of that hardcore fan, no one is playing that album like that.

i think being exclusive to tidal (salute him sticking to his guns) hurts its popularity - people who really care about jay are grown ass adults and not about to switch streaming services just for one artist, nikkas picked one and are riding it out, if something isn't on it, oh well. and we know album sales aint really shyt so it being for sale aint a replacement for it being "free" on your streaming service. and it aint really a radio/club album so there's that.

i'm also in the gym all the time (mainly black folks 25-50) and we play a lot of rap music, i haven't come across folks who've put songs from 4:44 in their playlist rotation or even talk about the album anymore...even my brother (44 yrs old) talks to me more about other artists than that jay album.
I had no motivations to listen, past 6 months I haven't really fully listened to any albums :damn:

tf is happening :sadbron:
second half of this year been weak IMO...i mean if you're really into the young new dudes, i guess you been eating. but most the 30+ crowd isn't checking for folks younger than the future/cole/kendrick/drake/big sean cohort (with some exceptions like migos!) and all of them dropped early this year/late last year. back half of this year has been quiet as hell for me on the hip hop front

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This phrase again.

I always wonder which albums the coli considers not to have "came and went already"
this year? migos and kendrick, future, sean, and drake all had projects with pretty decent to great legs...still hear stuff from these projects out and about (cars, gym, public trans, at friend's houses, restaurants, stores), the radio, social scenes (club, lounge, parties), and on the charts.

Last edited:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Nah, this shyt still goes. They just started playing Family Feud on the radio out here. He starts his tour soon. It's has had the legs most albums do these days....

4:44, Damn, and Future's albums have probably had the most replay value for me this year

And I'm pretty sure when awards season comes around you'll be hearing plenty about 4:44 all over again