So is it time to admit 4:44 has come and gone already?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
why would any of the "singles" catch on :what:

anyway, continue with your real agenda for this thread, you aint low :mjlol:
The entire point of releasing singles is for them to catch on.

I'm sorry that the album not having any lasting effect has you so deep in your feelings.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Im a Nas stan and the album still in my rotation.. yall generation has ADD.. this generation are decendants of Crackheads. ..
This is the same lazy :flabbynsick: deflection from 49 year Olds upset that albums they like didn't have any staying power.

I'm still listening to DAMN months later,just like everyone else.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
quality albums never fades unless you are one of those people that cant listen to something unless everyone else is. i past that though, it was one of the best albums this year. not made to have hits, but to focus on a cohesive idea and sound. I salute Jay for it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Good album but everything kind of comes and goes in this new era where we literally get dozens of new releases every month and we can stream them so it's not like we have to pay for each and every one.

That Kendrick didnt come and go though :lawd:
I don't agree with the first part.

Albums by drake,Kendrick,Bruno Mars,weekend,post malone etc have had no problem staying relevant months and months and months after release.

King-S456

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Story of oj charted for 2 weeks then vanished. Nobody talked about it a week after the video was out.

Charted? Is that the only language culture vultures know?

Nobody talked about it? Every other artist responded to the last line of the song.

"Y'all on the 'Gram holdin' money to your ear - There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here."

:camby:Not to mention the antisemitic blow back, the acclaimed video, what!? Other than Damn, no other album got as much discussion, praise or adulation.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Charted? Is that the only language culture vultures know?

Nobody talked about it? Every other artist responded to the last line of the song.

"Y'all on the 'Gram holdin' money to your ear - There's a disconnect, we don't call that money over here."

:camby:Not to mention the antisemitic blow back. The acclaimed video, what? Other than Damn, no other album got as much discussion, praise and adulation.
Charts are relevant, I'm sorry that your upset about the album and song not being relevant anymore.

Yeah,it made waves for a couple weeks just like the album and then everybody moved on and pretended it never happened.

3 months later and the album is already forgotten save for a few jay z stans on the Internet.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
the thing that made Jay Z great was

1. His ability to drop hit records consistently. From 96 - 2003 Jay Z dropped heat.

2. His ability to adapt to the times while maintaining a somewhat unique style.

After coming back from a 3 year hiatus, the times were changing. And while he still was able to make decent records, the demographics were changing.
Jay Z was never an introspective/social rapper. He may have dropped a song like "Song Cry" but that wasn't who he was.

4.44 wasn't shyt, but it honestly doesn't fit the brand he built and it doesn't fit into is collection of albums. :manny: The rap landscape has changed. This album won't be remembered in another 18 months.
Probably the most real response in here

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i agree with OP to an extent but isn't 4:44 only on Tidal? Doesn't that effect his place on the charts?