So is it time to admit 4:44 has come and gone already?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think a key factor is the listener's age. I can't see anyone under like 28 liking this album. I listen to it 2-3x a week. It's not a fun or simple album which is probably why a lot of people from this generation aren't with it.

I'm also curious as to what current albums have the staying power that 4:44 supposedly doesn't. Only one I can think of is DAMN

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
What young head outsold him or had a bigger impact this year?
Stop tryna make this about sales to deflect from the L yall received:mjgrin:
Nobody talking bout this album, DAMN still getting played on the radio Daily, shyt even 21 savage got his music bumping still.

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
Coli people live in their own world. Why would an album without club bangers have legs in the streaming era? DAMN has legs strictly because HUMBLE, DNA and Loyalty are played and streamed a lot. The same goes for More LIfe and all those singles. The fact is, none of you have a proper way of judging how an album is consumed in 2017. Nothing on TPAB charted all that well, did that come and go? You guys sound foolish. Migos' album had club and radio hits (I saw someone mention that). Future literally lived off the strength of Mask Off. It's fukking Jay Z, dude could've gotten a random Justin TImberlake track that plays everywhere and his album would still be high on the charts. Not to mention that the album isn't on Spotify (the biggest reason everything is still on the charts).

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Stop tryna make this about sales to deflect from the L yall received:mjgrin:
Nobody talking bout this album, DAMN still getting played on the radio Daily, shyt even 21 savage got his music bumping still.

How the fukk do you'll know nobody is talking about this album wtf :mindblown:

Is muthafukkas suppose to post youtube videos or tweet about it everyday wtf :what:

Where exactly is the album suppose to be talked about :gucci:

The content & texture of this album mustve really made you'll feel fakkity i guess you'll wanted the dope boy jay or opulent jay over bullshyt timbo or pharrell beats huh :snoop:

Not the personal spiritual, informative, pro black, cultural upliftment, not sucking dikk for the radio or poetic jay on no id beats huh fukking c00ns :pacspit:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
People tend to over use this phrase in the coli,referencing albums that came out 6+ months ago still in the 20 on billboard every week as albums that came and went ie. Damn,views etc

But 4:44 really has came and went. Nobody is talking about this album at all. Nobody is listening to this album or buying it anymore.

The past few weeks has seen the album plummeting down billboard. It's already sitting down at #63 the past week,with albums a year plus old being higher. It's dropping 10+ spots every week now for the last month.

In a few weeks time album will likely be in the 100's.

Has the initial new Jay z album hype just completely fizzled out already? Was the album not actually that good? What happened?

How you got cormega in ya avi but you talkin bout record sales and billboard shyt?

Smh

And The reason you think nobody is listenin to it is becuz u not from a hood in the east :francis:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
4:44 is in the same lane as LIG where it’ll probably a cult/fan base classic but it may not have the same universal hype as actual recent classics like GKMC for example

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Op a fukking fool. I still bump 4:44 and that album is easily one of the top albums of the year. Just chill!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
4:44 is in the same lane as LIG where it’ll probably a cult/fan base classic but it may not have the same universal hype as actual recent classics like GKMC for example
And that's all jay stans need to admit, the album is for a certain set of his core fans...cuz it ain't really for his entire core either. But when something has such a limited reach, it's fine to admit it came and went to the masses.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
And that's all jay stans need to admit, the album is for a certain set of his core fans...cuz it ain't really for his entire core either. But when something has such a limited reach, it's fine to admit it came and went to the masses.
Folks are still talking about that album.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
the best thing it has going for it longetivity wise is that it was pretty relevant when it was relevant...was pop culture for a good minute...might sneak in some hip hop lists as the album of the year (youre gonna be hard pressed to find a mainstream one that doesnt have DAMN as #1 and when Kanye drops, its prob over for Hov's chances). I still rock with the album but Jay stans gonna go thru the same thing I went thru where even tho this project (LIG) feels like the artists strongest contribution since his prime, its just gonna get looked over for a more contemporary body of work (Take Care)

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
not even considering this particular album, doesnt everything come and go now if we're using what people are talking about as a barometer? does that really mean anything anymore

i mean people die in mass shootings &its seemingly forgotten by many within weeks if not sooner