So is it time to admit 4:44 has come and gone already?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I’m more amazed at the production than Jay on this project:yeshrug:.

No ID killed every track & that’s why I still
listen :francis:

SIDEBAR: when did we start caring about billboard charts :dahell:?! You might as well say you still listen to the radio :scusthov:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Stop tryna make this about sales to deflect from the L yall received:mjgrin:
Nobody talking bout this album, DAMN still getting played on the radio Daily, shyt even 21 savage got his music bumping still.
L how?

it's 2017 and you talking about what songs bumping on FM radio and you telling me i'm old :mjlol:

in streams and every other playable medium, hov got 21 wrapped the fukk up... impact... what's being talked about... ALL OF THAT

hov album gets talk on cnn, fox news, national and worldwide media... hov ain't worried about what world star 21 savage is doing out here... ain't nobody talking bout him or any damn impact

kendrick of course.. but kendrick is 30 damn years old himself.. so if he ain't old, how i'm old in the same damn age bracket... drake over 30 too.. ross.. every nikka you can name who actually making money

if labels are backing these 10k sales, can't fill a stadium, nobody cares about their album rappers, and paying off radio to play them... congrats... they ain't moving nothing on a grand scale and you can't name 5 songs or 1 album they did

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Provide proof.

what young head had sprint buy a million albums? :jbhmm:
exactly... no company would waste money on them nikkas cause they know they wouldn't see any return on investment :mjlol:

also, those albums did not count towards his chart position... only actual sales and streams NOT included in that counted.. so what young head had a number 1 album? nikkas can't even outdo cardi b getting a number 1 single but suddenly on jay's level, when he doing number 1 albums, first week out... and not that hip hop chart bullshyt.. #1 in the country.... doing over 250k a week AFTER being given away to 1 million people

Note: for Billboard charting purposes, as per the current pricing policy, the Sprint-supported downloads would not count towards 4:44’s chart ranking. However, any streams reported by Tidal to Nielsen Music for the album’s songs in the week ending July 6 would contribute to the album’s ranking based solely on streaming equivalent album units.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-444-certified-platinum-riaa-sprint-promotion

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Provide proof.

what young head had sprint buy a million albums? :jbhmm:
exactly... no company would waste money on them nikkas cause they know they wouldn't see any return on investment :mjlol:

also, those albums did not count towards his chart position... only actual sales and streams NOT included in that counted.. so what young head had a number 1 album? nikkas can't even outdo cardi b getting a number 1 single but suddenly on jay's level, when he doing number 1 albums, first week out... and not that hip hop chart bullshyt.. #1 in the country.... doing over 250k a week AFTER being given away to 1 million people

Note: for Billboard charting purposes, as per the current pricing policy, the Sprint-supported downloads would not count towards 4:44’s chart ranking. However, any streams reported by Tidal to Nielsen Music for the album’s songs in the week ending July 6 would contribute to the album’s ranking based solely on streaming equivalent album units.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-444-certified-platinum-riaa-sprint-promotion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Folks are still talking about that album.
Yea, the small subset that's still litenintg to it. That's like me saying folks are still talking about schoolboy q's blankface...well yea, his hardcore fans.

Like I said, I dont see that album nearly anywhere in my curdles and I'm in the :old: club amongst the demographic that should be spinning it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Albums falling off the charts these days really highlights that people aren't listening (ie streaming) to it. 4:44 is not an album for this generation and you can tell by the sales. It's a real good album, its the album I've wanted from Jay. But it's not the album most people wanted.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
shyt came and went like a muhfukker. Considering the fact Jay-Z has a ton of die hard fans it's kind of surprising. He just had Made in America and now a new tour (I personally know 3 people paying over $350 each to attend) so I'm surprised the album didn't get more buzz off that
Maybe it would be different if he allowed it on youtube and spotify. I only heard it twice cause i had to listen on somebody else phone, and there were no songs good enough on there to make me pursue it further

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
One other observation.

It seems like he chose to make an album like this because it's the only chose he had. Based on this current age, career and personal life there was nothing else he could possibly rap about. So at least it was an authentic project.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not sure what your trying to imply.

His album came out in December of last year.

It's never left the top 30 since then on billboard.

This week it rose back #6.

He had a song chart at #65 based on a tweet of him performing the song going viral.

The albums gone platinum.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

The album went platinum based on the sprint buys. Nothing else.

Fans did not buy a million copies.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I regularly hear five songs off the album on the radio in rotation, and his tours going... let me guess people in here with shytty ass taste and zero artists from their area talking bout it came and went.:yawn: