So Instagram just replaced Twitter with Threads

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Joseph Bayer, an assistant professor at Ohio State University’s school of communication, says that Twitter and Instagram are culturally very different spaces, but also not necessarily overlapping networks. Instagram is more centered around shopping, influencers, and visuals, while Twitter is centered more around news, sports, and its Black community. “It depends how much overlap people have in their Twitter and Instagram,” he said. “These are very different networks.”

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Tik Tok adding texts post is a game changer. Video, photography and texts makes the GOAT app of the decade. Only issue is the spyware surveillance owned by the Chinese.

Yeah, it already exists in Facebook with all 3. Just need Facebook to make a discovery tab, lol.

But people treat FB like a network instead of social media and Facebook had a real name policy by the 2010s and that inhibits people.

TQbrit

Banned
Daps
Lmao this shyt FLOPPED
britney-spears-flop.gif

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Lots of those IG models created twitter accounts over last couple years...they stayed getting suspended on IG for non nudes.

And of course the girls with OFs had twitter. On twitter just don't be nude profile pic and/or header....and ya good.

Reddit is only good for discovery. Follow models and OF girls on Reddit and you see the same post dozens of times as they post to many different sub reddits. Plus leak subreddits get shutdown fast....but you can usually find leaks on multiple websites with a Google search.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not that wild.

Besides FB, everything Zuck has produced has been absolute trash.

Meta did a good job with acquiring IG and a few other already created and established apps, but that might have been more the work of their former COO (I think her name was Sheryl Sandberg) who left the company a year or so ago.

Besides that Meta/Zuck is incompetent as fukk and it doesn't surprise me that he fumbled this launch.
Didn't he steal Facebook?

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Facebook is a network...I wouldn't say social media as it was based on real life connections from college and then life connections a few years later.

Anyways...they all can get myspaced if you will. I lived long enough to see Blackberry, AOL and Yahoo be untouchable and then rot into shells of former glory.

Hell, Apple almost got ran out of town in 97! It was just school computer status until the Return of Jobs in 97 and then the iMac in 98 a few months after being CEO....and then the ipod in 2001.

Anyone can fall off or fail in the tech space. I'm not sure anyone under 30 knows IBM outside of those super computer/ Watson commercials. And now everyone only cares about chat gpt and other AI, lol.

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Threads’ daily active user count is down 82% from launch as of July 31

On its launch day, Threads users opened the app an average of 14 times and spent an average of 19 minutes scrolling through it, the company reported.

As of August 1, Threads’ daily average time spent fell to just 2.9 minutes a day, and people spent only 2.6 sessions per day using the app

mykey

Superstar
Daps

On its launch day, Threads users opened the app an average of 14 times and spent an average of 19 minutes scrolling through it, the company reported.

As of August 1, Threads’ daily average time spent fell to just 2.9 minutes a day, and people spent only 2.6 sessions per day using the app

In other words, it's a huge failure.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Elon is fukking up Twitter hard...HARD...but no app is killing Twitter until there's a genuine replacement everyone flocks to for breaking news and live sports/event coverage. All the celebs and "influencers" on Threads is cute but we'll see if it's sustainable. The best thing it has going for it is the built-in clientele it has from Instagram.

Threads was celebrity, influencer and brands from the start. It didn't grow organically with a culture of regular folks. Not sure if social media can be driven from those type of folks off the bat.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps

I went on the other day and it was a dryland. All of the people I was following hadn't posted in weeks and all that the TL was was brands and influencers again (this time by necessity as I literally had none of the people i follow posting)

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
In other words, it's a huge failure.
Facebook was "a huge failure". I don't have a dog in the race but I won't be surprised if threads leads to something bigger or better, expands on its own, or does something revolutionary.

It's possible, but I doubt this was launched without a "hidden" rollout or business plan. Even if that plan is to prove a point.

What is that point? That DMs and suggested algo type ish is what people actually WANT? Would "we" post something honest if no one could see how much attention it got?

The very fact that so many people downloaded it off the rip proves an obvious point as well. A few actually.

One, people absolutely crave social media in some shape or form. Two, folks don't care if the new thing is made by the very people that made the old thing; they just want it new! Three, maybe there will be sex. Four, and perhaps most importantly, the government is okay with a company having a monopoly on your personal opinions. A company that operates just shy of being a bank and self insured (if it isn't already). There's more to this than meets the eye... I could go on