So Instagram just replaced Twitter with Threads

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Haven't been on the app for long. First of all the numbers of users isn't close to reality because anybody from IG can accidently sign up with just one click. The only reason people were interested because Elon was blocking Twitter from its users but now its back to normal, there is really no need. Threads is like that emergency glass incase Elon fukks it up.

However Threads could have had more success if they started day one with basic features like a proper timeline. Dumb on their part.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Threads is ass.

There is nothing threads does that Twitter doesn’t do and Twitter does far more …How nikkas thought this would kill Twitter is hilarious .

Because they want twitter to die and need a good replacement.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
It’s wild to me that a multi billion dollar corporation whose bread and butter is social media could fukk up so badly with this launch.
Not that wild.

Besides FB, everything Zuck has produced has been absolute trash.

Meta did a good job with acquiring IG and a few other already created and established apps, but that might have been more the work of their former COO (I think her name was Sheryl Sandberg) who left the company a year or so ago.

Besides that Meta/Zuck is incompetent as fukk and it doesn't surprise me that he fumbled this launch.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Threads. It’s just that Tiktok has crushed the buildings for most of these social media apps. It’s over. I’m either on there, Reddit or on here. Have no need for anything else except maybe YouTube.

Daps
Not that wild.

Besides FB, everything Zuck has produced has been absolute trash.

Meta did a good job with acquiring IG and a few other already created and established apps, but that might have been more the work of their former COO (I think her name was Sheryl Sandberg) who left the company a year or so ago.

Besides that Meta/Zuck is incompetent as fukk and it doesn't surprise me that he fumbled this launch.

Right, and he stole the idea for Facebook. At least he paid for IG.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
This board has a lot of idiots. Usage and growth is something that will have to be assessed over a period of time to determine whether or not it will be a success.

Pointing at the numbers dropping after the grand opening means little. That's the expected outcome.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This board has a lot of idiots. Usage and growth is something that will have to be assessed over a period of time to determine whether or not it will be a success.

Pointing at the numbers dropping after the grand opening means little. That's the expected outcome.

No the fukk it isn't. You have an app with over a billion users that acts as a funnel to your new product. If user activity peaks then drops by over 40% in a week you are fukking panicking. Ain't no place in the tech world, especially social media that relies in network effects, will the CEO be fine with daily user activity nosediving.

People are finicky with short attention spans. If your product doesn't win them over the 1st time, you rarely get a 2nd chance to hook them. Every single social media app that has tried to replace Twitter showed up with massive praise and hype, then a month later no one gives a fukk. To say this outcome is expected shows you don't know shyt about how this industry works. Meta probably already fired the product managers in charge of the shyt.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
I like Threads. It’s just that Tiktok has crushed the buildings for most of these social media apps. It’s over. I’m either on there, Reddit or on here. Have no need for anything else except maybe YouTube.

Facebook, Instagram and TikTok are the holy trinity of apps that will never get "MySpaced"