So Instagram just replaced Twitter with Threads

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
He does but Zuck does too with FB and fukks things up just as often as Musk. He might be worse at running a company really. Elon is a bigger POS though.
And that's the main thing. Ppl who KNOW Zuck is a POS put that to the side cuz they hate Elon that much more.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Facebook, Instagram and TikTok are the holy trinity of apps that will never get "MySpaced"

Facebook is a network...I wouldn't say social media as it was based on real life connections from college and then life connections a few years later.

Anyways...they all can get myspaced if you will. I lived long enough to see Blackberry, AOL and Yahoo be untouchable and then rot into shells of former glory.

Last edited:

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
Not that wild.

Besides FB, everything Zuck has produced has been absolute trash.

Meta did a good job with acquiring IG and a few other already created and established apps, but that might have been more the work of their former COO (I think her name was Sheryl Sandberg) who left the company a year or so ago.

Besides that Meta/Zuck is incompetent as fukk and it doesn't surprise me that he fumbled this launch.
Why did I read that as beta/cuck?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

TikTok is adding text posts​

The shortform video app is adding the ability to share text-based posts with music and stickers, similar to Instagram Stories.​

By Mia Sato, platforms and communities reporter with five years of experience covering the companies that shape technology and the people who use their tools.
Jul 24, 2023, 10:55 AM EDT

TikTok text posts with short blurbs of text and adding background music

Image: TikTok

TikTok users can now post text-based updates in addition to videos and series of photos — just as platforms like Meta’s Threads are vying to take on Twitter’s microblogging dominance.
Text posts appear similar to Instagram Stories visually: users can add a background color, edit how text appears, and add music and stickers to the post. Posts have a 1,000-character limit (yes, I tested it to find out). Other users can also engage with the post similar to how they interact with video — by stitching, dueting, and commenting.

Seeing the company responsible for the tidal wave of shortform video add text features is interesting on its own, but the timing is worth noting. Platforms like Threads, Bluesky, Mastodon, and a litany of others are trying to position themselves as a viable replacement to Twitter — or at least something that approximates what made Twitter fun. But as the platform increasingly loses features, traffic, and even its iconic bird logo, the window for other apps to jump in is open. TikTok appears to be at least a little interested.

Meta, TikTok’s main competitor in shortform video, had a record-breaking week following the release of Threads earlier this month. But will it stick? Daily active users have plummeted since its peak, and the lack of a feed strictly filled with accounts a user follows has turned some people off (Meta insists that’s in the works).

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps

TikTok is adding text posts​

The shortform video app is adding the ability to share text-based posts with music and stickers, similar to Instagram Stories.​

By Mia Sato, platforms and communities reporter with five years of experience covering the companies that shape technology and the people who use their tools.
Jul 24, 2023, 10:55 AM EDT

TikTok text posts with short blurbs of text and adding background music

Image: TikTok

TikTok users can now post text-based updates in addition to videos and series of photos — just as platforms like Meta’s Threads are vying to take on Twitter’s microblogging dominance.
Text posts appear similar to Instagram Stories visually: users can add a background color, edit how text appears, and add music and stickers to the post. Posts have a 1,000-character limit (yes, I tested it to find out). Other users can also engage with the post similar to how they interact with video — by stitching, dueting, and commenting.

Seeing the company responsible for the tidal wave of shortform video add text features is interesting on its own, but the timing is worth noting. Platforms like Threads, Bluesky, Mastodon, and a litany of others are trying to position themselves as a viable replacement to Twitter — or at least something that approximates what made Twitter fun. But as the platform increasingly loses features, traffic, and even its iconic bird logo, the window for other apps to jump in is open. TikTok appears to be at least a little interested.

Meta, TikTok’s main competitor in shortform video, had a record-breaking week following the release of Threads earlier this month. But will it stick? Daily active users have plummeted since its peak, and the lack of a feed strictly filled with accounts a user follows has turned some people off (Meta insists that’s in the works).
All the social media platforms are becoming the same now smh

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Threads Engagement Drops 70%.

:comeon: Did you read the article? Frictionless sign-up due to the IG affiliation inflated numbers but engagement per capita is higher on Threads. It’s clear the app wasn’t completely ready for release - not a fair comparison.

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
Social media in a nutshell: Different logo same packaging.

Signed up for Threads. It's like a diet version of Twitter:pachaha:

No MAGA rednecks. No mentally ill bishes that belong on an mental asylum. No "I'll drink your bath water" simps lol:mjlol:

Getting followers is easy as well. Broads who don't follow me on IG following now. I feel like Mike Jones. Who? Mike Jones haha:mjlol:

Consistency is key. That's key for growing a following of any app.

Threads still has potential. A record-breaking of over 100 million is a significant debut. However, without any chronological order to sway users, engagement will plummet.

Tik Tok adding texts post is a game changer. Video, photography and texts makes the GOAT app of the decade. Only issue is the spyware surveillance owned by the Chinese.