So Instagram just replaced Twitter with Threads

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Facebook was "a huge failure". I don't have a dog in the race but I won't be surprised if threads leads to something bigger or better, expands on its own, or does something revolutionary.

It's possible, but I doubt this was launched without a "hidden" rollout or business plan. Even if that plan is to prove a point.

What is that point? That DMs and suggested algo type ish is what people actually WANT? Would "we" post something honest if no one could see how much attention it got?

The very fact that so many people downloaded it off the rip proves an obvious point as well. A few actually.

One, people absolutely crave social media in some shape or form. Two, folks don't care if the new thing is made by the very people that made the old thing; they just want it new! Three, maybe there will be sex. Four, and perhaps most importantly, the government is okay with a company having a monopoly on your personal opinions. A company that operates just shy of being a bank and self insured (if it isn't already). There's more to this than meets the eye... I could go on

When was Facebook a huge failure? Zuck puts side bar ads on it from the beginning and wasn't sharing revenue with creators cause it was a network....not media. Facebook was stable being college only and I liked that version better...but the beaucoup money came Rolling in for Zuck once anyone could join.

Threads exploded because people wanted to get early traction to be an influencer and make money, lol. All these social media gurus that even non influencers watch got a hold on people for better or worse. Many People was sick for being late to tiktok and missing out on money and brand opportunities.... Period.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Facebook was never a failure.
Threads user numbers was largely based on porting from IG, not downloads...and download numbers don't mean anything. User activity measures do.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
If threads is down 90% daily active users from July 7 peak in the next couple weeks. Other Twitter replacements still have life.

I'm just not interested in Twitter being an everything app as it will soon be. But we shall see...

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This board has a lot of idiots. Usage and growth is something that will have to be assessed over a period of time to determine whether or not it will be a success.

Pointing at the numbers dropping after the grand opening means little. That's the expected outcome.

:mjlol:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
This board has a lot of idiots. Usage and growth is something that will have to be assessed over a period of time to determine whether or not it will be a success.

Pointing at the numbers dropping after the grand opening means little. That's the expected outcome.

Facebook grew for 18 straight years with daily active users rising. :mjlol: it didn't decline until 2022

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Facebook grew for 18 straight years with daily active users rising. :mjlol: it didn't decline until 2022
Facebook had a different release strategy, dummy. It took 2 years for the platform to be open to the general public.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Facebook had a different release strategy, dummy. It took 2 years for the platform to be open to the general public.

But it didn't decline after being open to the public with the influx....it kept growing. FB Daily active users didn't drop until 2022.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
But it didn't decline after being open to the public with the influx....it kept growing. FB Daily active users didn't drop until 2022.
You are not getting it.

If Facebook started out of the gate with 50 million, made up of members migrating from MySpace, you'd see the numbers drop within the first couple of months.

Red Money

All Star
Daps
Twitter-and-Threads-1.png