So I'm Two Weeks Into DDP Yoga

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
First off, I'm sure some of y'all know your boy Swiggy been trying to get the health game right. Needless to say, it's always gonna be a work in progress, especially where I came from. I dropped 143lbs since April 2013, and I haven't looked back. Sad thing, walking and inertia stalled out on ya boy, and I did the gym thing. Was not happening, brehs.

So, I busted out a Jericho podcast one night, and halfway he went into the pay-the-bills portion to spit on DDP Yoga. Then I thought to myself.... why not?

Long story short, been at it for two weeks now, and shyt's pretty intense. My big ass got into enough shape to not COMPLETELY shame myself at the beginning of this, as I was able to do many of the beginning poses no problem. That resistance you create feels like working out with weights to your muscles, just no impact. Which is good for ya boy, because my knees sound like rice krispy treats when I bend them.

This is my Phase 2 portion of my "Get Right" journey, but I think this is good shyt for anyone. If you average body type, this will start sculpting you. If you're already right about your body, adopt this and let it take it even further.

Brehs, I was just losing weight, but not getting into enough shape. I feel good... but still trying to get committed to that diet life :laugh:. I'm liking this so far, and I'm happy at how my body is reacting after week 2.

Thank you, DDP :lawd:
Finally got my DVDs in today, started with the diamond dozen going by the guide. How long it took you to learn them?

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Finally got my DVDs in today, started with the diamond dozen going by the guide. How long it took you to learn them?
I have a slow learning curve as is, so it takes a minute. My body was fast to remember shyt before my mind :laugh:

About four days in, I knew some poses, but not the names :dead:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's pretty quick - by the end of the third week - you'll have done them so often that they'll be seared into your brain.

I have a slow learning curve as is, so it takes a minute. My body was fast to remember shyt before my mind :laugh:

About four days in, I knew some poses, but not the names :dead:

This beginner guide says to do the diamond dozen every other day or so, yall follow it or just do what you want?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This beginner guide says to do the diamond dozen every other day or so, yall follow it or just do what you want?

I'm up to week 11 now. I might do one of the short ones on a rest day, but Diamond Dozen is essentially just the instruction manual

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been thinking about doing DDPY for a min. My girl and I are thinking about doing it together.
I need to find a good, decently priced mat tho. My living room is wood floors so that should would be :bryan:on my knees.

TJ Maxx. I got one there for $12

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Finished the Basic Level - stepped up to intermediate.

That Diamond Cutter workout has moments of pure :damn:

fukk, I'm still on week 10

I'm doing the modified poses for Below the Belt and still my shoulder feels like ass after...wonder if I'm doing anything wrong